• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Jordan got swept in the first round of the NBA playoffs.. not once.. but twice. The stupidity of losing in the finals as a resume ding is astounding. So youre saying he could still be a legend if he had just lost to Atlanta last round? It took Jordan a few years to get past those Bad Boy Pistons... but because that was in the ECF.. it's fine? Come on. Magic is a legend... He lost 3. So 3 is okay.. but 4.. no 4 is where you draw your arbitrary line? This is laughable.
No its performing at the highest stage. Again u just made my Point MJ had to get past tough teams. East has 0 . even the announcers said it last night. LBJ has 0 rivalries. u think what u want but u are really getting the word Great and legend confused. LBj is an All time great but no where legend. Legend he would of hit that game winning shot. He will be 2-4 in the Finals as the best player in the NBA for the last 7-8 years playing on a Top team with top talent. LOL

Don't be scared of the facts. Just let it take over.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess i should ask the Heat fans this question(though i think i pretty much know the answer), does this go down as an "unfortunate error in judgement" by LeBron in making the choice to return to Cleveland...?

also, i agree with you. in all likelihood we saw the Cavs best shot last night and they came up short. so what does this say about the Eastern conference in general...?

We saw an amazing game last night between two amazing teams. You saw a Cleveland team without Kevin Love and with Kyrie Irving playing regulation at about 85-90% control most of the game on the road at the house of the West's top dog. We were about an inch away on Shumpert's shot from talking about the Cavs taking game one. This game says nothing about the Eastern Conference at all unless you're just being a troll.

The Cavs at full strength > The Warriors at full strength.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron played great only 4 turnovers. 44 points 8 rebounds 6 assists.

Only thing he could of done better was take a better shot late, it was good defense though. If he would of passed he would have been criticized.
His shooting was bad and needs limit the crucial turnovers. 3 of the 4 came late in Q's or OT.(one at the end of the half, end of the 3rd Q, end of the 4th and I think he had one in OT). Also his D wasn't great.
Overall I do give him mad props. He carried that team with just the help of Irving and JR Smith in the 1st half. Thompson and Moz were solid.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No its performing at the highest stage. Again u just made my Point MJ had to get past tough teams. East has 0 . even the announcers said it last night. LBJ has 0 rivalries. u think what u want but u are really getting the word Great and legend confused. LBj is an All time great but no where legend. Legend he would of hit that game winning shot. He will be 2-4 in the Finals as the best player in the NBA for the last 7-8 years playing on a Top team with top talent. LOL

Don't be scared of the facts. Just let it take over.

Performing? He scores 44 and carries a team full of non All-Stars, minus Kyrie but now he is gone. He carried that other Cavs team to the Finals. Making to the Finals, bc you overachieve with an injured team should be praised.
West went 1-8 in NBA Finals, but he had 3 other great players with him. The problem is they played the Celtics who had like 6 HOF'rs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw an amazing game last night between two amazing teams. You saw a Cleveland team without Kevin Love and with Kyrie Irving playing regulation at about 85-90% control most of the game on the road at the house of the West's top dog. We were about an inch away on Shumpert's shot from talking about the Cavs taking game one. This game says nothing about the Eastern Conference at all unless you're just being a troll.

The Cavs at full strength > The Warriors at full strength.
LOL this is so funny. Not even close. Stop with the Irving Injury everyone is at 85-90% right now. Irving got hurt when they were down 6 in OT. It didn't matter if he stayed in the game or not.

GS played a bad 1st half and LBJ had a Career night and they still lost.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Performing? He scores 44 and carries a team full of non All-Stars, minus Kyrie but now he is gone. He carried that other Cavs team to the Finals. Making to the Finals, bc you overachieve with an injured team should be praised.
West went 1-8 in NBA Finals, but he had 3 other great players with him. The problem is they played the Celtics who had like 6 HOF'rs.
Legends carry their team to wins. Lets see if LBJ can do that.

Cavs fans are all about excuses today. I love the Irving Injury excuse. U were down 6 in OT when he went down. that was the best chance for Cavs to pull out a Win.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His shooting was bad and needs limit the crucial turnovers. 3 of the 4 came late in Q's or OT.(one at the end of the half, end of the 3rd Q, end of the 4th and I think he had one in OT). Also his D wasn't great.
Overall I do give him mad props. He carried that team with just the help of Irving and JR Smith in the 1st half. Thompson and Moz were solid.

That's why he posted up and his mid range was almost money. Deep ball is bad right now. He had 4 turnovers, you realize he had the ball every possession right LOL.
He was shooting above 50% before those OT shots. He played a great game just wasnt enough, they have no depth he has to play 45+. MJ and Kobe didnt even have to do that on their ship teams

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL this is so funny. Not even close. Stop with the Irving Injury everyone is at 85-90% right now. Irving got hurt when they were down 6 in OT. It didn't matter if he stayed in the game or not.

GS played a bad 1st half and LBJ had a Career night and they still lost.

I'm 100% correct and everyone but you knows it. By full strength, I meant also having Kevin Love. Let's give the Cavs a healthy Kevin Love and take away Draymond Green from GS, have the game in Cleveland and see who wins. That was essentially what GS got to play with and they were extremely lucky to win. I know you're a notorious Lebron/Cavs hater but you could at least try and use logic once in a while.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why he posted up and his mid range was almost money. Deep ball is bad right now. He had 4 turnovers, you realize he had the ball every possession right LOL.
He was shooting above 50% before those OT shots. He played a great game just wasnt enough, they have no depth he has to play 45+. MJ and Kobe didnt even have to do that on their ship teams

I'm starting to realize purguy is pretty much just a Lebron troll. You can't use logic with the guy, he just ignores it and rips you apart for trying to give Lebron and the Cavs any kind of credit.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cavs fans are all about excuses today. I love the Irving Injury excuse. U were down 6 in OT when he went down. that was the best chance for Cavs to pull out a Win.

No. They were down 4... and the injury led to a 4 on 5 transition 3... making it a 7 point game

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall as an NBA fan it was a great game last night. I think that might be the best game we see all series. I think we might have some close ones but nothing more exciting then this one in my opinion.

Big win for GS. They gain their confidence back after a bad 1st half. Credit to Cavs for putting up a fight.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All legends have never won a title with no All-Stars on the squad. Fact.

They were down 4. He gets hurt and they hit a 3. It isnt an excuse, he wasnt 100% the whole game but played great. The big minutes wore him down I guess.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall as an NBA fan it was a great game last night. I think that might be the best game we see all series. I think we might have some close ones but nothing more exciting then this one in my opinion.

Big win for GS. They gain their confidence back after a bad 1st half. Credit to Cavs for putting up a fight.

Lebron will have to score 40+ in every game for them to have a chance. GS will catch on will their traps and double teams. No kyrie, no chance.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to realize purguy is pretty much just a Lebron troll. You can't use logic with the guy, he just ignores it and rips you apart for trying to give Lebron and the Cavs any kind of credit.
How am I LBJ Troll? please tell me. This makes no sense at all. I think you would have an argument if I said the guy sucks or isn't great but he is in my Top 10-13 right now of all time(his career isn't over yet). How is this being a troll.

U guys are Homers and im someone being realistic(outside looking in) and tell you the truth u cant handle it because you either a cavs fan or a LBJ Homer.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron will have to score 40+ in every game for them to have a chance. GS will catch on will their traps and double teams. No kyrie, no chance.

If they start doubling and trapping that opens up for everyone else. One of the reasons the Cavs bench was so unproductive last night was because of the Warriors strategy to play LeBron straight up and concentrate on stopping everyone else.

I wonder if Kerr is going to stick with that strategy. Ultimately it worked... but I doubt he's feeling super great about it today.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its amazing to think in hindsight that the cavs would probably be in a way better position if they've kept Wiggins. Lets say they still made the JR, Shump, and Mosgov trade, Jr and Wiggins off the bench would have been a nice combo.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I do think GS will have 1 slip up game on the road like they did with Houston. So cavs might get 1 win

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they start doubling and trapping that opens up for everyone else. One of the reasons the Cavs bench was so unproductive last night was because of the Warriors strategy to play LeBron straight up and concentrate and stopping everyone else.

I wonder if Kerr is going to stick with that strategy. Ultimately it worked... but I doubt he's feeling super great about it today.
Yes that's what they did, great game plan by Kerr. also Iggy had a great 4th Q and OT against LBJ. LBJ got burnt out because he had to carry the team the whole way. Like I said before it really reminded me of the last time LBJ was in Cleveland in the Finals.