• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it weren't for Iguodala, the Cavs would probably be champions right now. Iguodala's finals numbers aren't far off of Steph's, if memory serves. Also, Steph didn't have to guard Lebron a majority of the series.
I have toadmit- i totally underestimated Iguadala. I have no problem owning up to when I am wrong- and I was totally wrong bout him- he had a ton left in the tanks and deserved the MVP award.

I totally wish the Cavs had been healthy though- people just harp on Kyries defense- but seriously- Curry did not have to do shit defensively on Delly---- if Kyrie was out there Curry would not have had all that energy to expound on the offensive end. No one thinks of shit like that when they just dismiss Kyrie as a defensive liability

I mean the guy is a 23 year old 3 time all star that had the 2 high scoring games in the league. He could have made Curry work big time. The same with Love-

Love and Thompson on the boards together next year is something I want tosee---- normally people dont get so excited to see rebounding- but man

team up Thompson- who absolutely raised his game during the playoffs and he will come into next year with boatloads of confidence and carry on this provement---- pair him with Love down low.....the other team will be scrambling to get a rebound.

with LeBron at the 3, and say Shumpert at the 2....that is a damn good lineup- and just MONSTROUS on the boards.......

It sucks that we have to wait 5 months for the NBA to start!!!! I have never been more anxious for aseason to start since there is so much to be excited for.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy you did underrate iggy. I already told you he would be a good option on lebron lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unstickied (new word?) this one. Leaving the Draft/FA one stickied since we're in that part of the season now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gheys do love their parades. :heh:[/QUOT
Wiggy you did underrate iggy. I already told you he would be a good option on lebron lol
SEriously- I really did underate Iggy. He played LeBron even better than Jimmy Butler in my opinion. The guy was awesome- he stepped up in the biggest moment of his professional career and did his job.

The Warriors future is bright- but they have some tough decisions to make going forward because they have a TON of salary on the books.

Curry makes like 12 (what a freaking STEAL)
Klay signed a low max (like 15/16 A YEAR SAME AS ki)
iggy is at like 12
bogut is like at 13 or 14 if i remember correctly
lee is expensive too at like 11 or 12 a year
draymond is going to get a low level max like klay- im sure the warriors will match

thats 6 guys at well over 10m a year- some at 15 or 16....I think Lee has 2 more ears left too- that contract will be damn near impossbiel to get rid of.

They have a great management team so they will figure it out- but they do have some tough choices to make...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was still valuable. Not shitting on Curry (I think it's a crime he didn't get one Finals vote), but Iggy changed the series.

There was a pretty good article in this weeks Sports Illustrated that talks about why/how he was able to do that.

According to the article, Iggy and Lebron were taken in the same draft and when Iggy saw they were both going to the Eastern Conference, he started keeping a book on Lebron. He made notes/charted all of his moves, etc. because he knew they would be seeing a lot of each other.

Basically, he has such extensive notes on Lebron that he knew pretty much what Lebron was going to do before Lebron did it. Which is exactly how it looked a lot of the time too.

Apparently, he keeps notes on everybody that he faces, but he started it with Lebron and that's who the thickest notebook is on.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a pretty good article in this weeks Sports Illustrated that talks about why/how he was able to do that.

According to the article, Iggy and Lebron were taken in the same draft and when Iggy saw they were both going to the Eastern Conference, he started keeping a book on Lebron. He made notes/charted all of his moves, etc. because he knew they would be seeing a lot of each other.

Basically, he has such extensive notes on Lebron that he knew pretty much what Lebron was going to do before Lebron did it. Which is exactly how it looked a lot of the time too.

Apparently, he keeps notes on everybody that he faces, but he started it with Lebron and that's who the thickest notebook is on.

He needs to take notes on how to shoot an uncontested 15ft straight shot.
How can any professional player not be able to make at least 60-65%?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one negative of Iguodala. Perhaps he will get with FT coach in the off-season now that he has a ring.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I heard about that. Pretty cool, the lebron stopper lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did not know this. But that is incredible. Talk about workmanship and it paying off. Iggy has always been one of my favorite players, nice to see him rewarded with a ring and Finals MVP.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a couple weeks ago...

If they find a way to win this series, it would be a major upset and accomplishment.

If they lose, it's the proverbial nice season, but not a special one.

Looks like you're moving the goal posts on what would or would not be "Special"

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a couple weeks ago...

Looks like you're moving the goal posts on what would or would not be "Special"

Now your also making shit up.
Of course it's a special season.

That still doesn't equate to saying they played great basketball.