• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries happen. With a healthy team they take this series, but there is nothing they can do now. The Love injury was a freak one.

agree about the injuries. but even at full strength i ain't so sure. and that's a question that'll never be answered now...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You couldnt be more wrong. The Warriors overall played a very good game. James and Kyrie had very good games and Mozgov did scoring, Thompson rebounding.

Warriors got contributions from everyone.

That being said that will be the closest the Cavs get to winning. Kyrie is done and now they have absolutely no depth. You cant win with 3 starters out, they have no depth and the Warriors thrive on depth. Even with Kyrie 100% I knew it would be tough. They had their chances to take that first game but it wouldnt of mattered anyway if Kyrie was hurting.

Kyrie played great, he played toe to toe with Curry. He is just as dangerous as Curry when healthy. Hopefully he can be healthy next year.

i WILL admit the kid made some hellified plays before he went down...

"just as dangerous as Curry", though? well, that MIGHT be going a bit far...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree about the injuries. but even at full strength i ain't so sure. and that's a question that'll never be answered now...

We are talking about 3 starters here. Even with a 100% Irving they should win that Game 1.
It is more than the starters it is the depth of 3 extra players.

Oh well, nothing you can do. It's still year one. I didnt expect this but hopefully Lebron can average 50 a game LOL

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess i should ask the Heat fans this question(though i think i pretty much know the answer), does this go down as an "unfortunate error in judgement" by LeBron in making the choice to return to Cleveland...?

also, i agree with you. in all likelihood we saw the Cavs best shot last night and they came up short. so what does this say about the Eastern conference in general...?

Almost the same day Love got injured Bosh got cleared to resume basketball activities. If Lebron had stayed in Miami, Miami would likely be in the finals and with the emergence of Hasaan Whiteside, would probably be the favorites. I am not sure Miami would have gone and got Dragic, but I am not sure they wouldn't have either. A 4 mounth rental for a great PG when your a championship team is probably worth it.

Error in judgement? If he goes to Cleveland and returns with 0 titles, then yes. It is so easy to give Miami hypothetical titles. LeBron bet his legacy on the fact he could win in Cleveland. It really is that simple.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are talking about 3 starters here. Even with a 100% Irving they should win that Game 1.
It is more than the starters it is the depth of 3 extra players.

Oh well, nothing you can do. It's still year one. I didnt expect this but hopefully Lebron can average 50 a game LOL

lol well good luck with that...ESPECIALLY when you saw gassed he was last night from carrying damn near ALL the load...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i WILL admit the kid made some hellified plays before he went down...

"just as dangerous as Curry", though? well, that MIGHT be going a bit far...

He is as quick as anyone in the league, can finish at the rim with the best left hand, shot lights out this year. He is a special talent just like Curry, that is fair?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost the same day Love got injured Bosh got cleared to resume basketball activities. If Lebron had stayed in Miami, Miami would likely be in the finals and with the emergence of Hasaan Whiteside, would probably be the favorites. I am not sure Miami would have gone and got Dragic, but I am not sure they wouldn't have either. A 4 mounth rental for a great PG when your a championship team is probably worth it.

Error in judgement? If he goes to Cleveland and returns with 0 titles, then yes. It is so easy to give Miami hypothetical titles. LeBron bet his legacy on the fact he could win in Cleveland. It really is that simple.

True, but not in the 1st year. They probably would of had a chance without the injuries but Kyrie and Varajeo have a history so..

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol well good luck with that...ESPECIALLY when you saw gassed he was last night from carrying damn near ALL the load...

I wasnt worried about Lebron being gassed, but Kyrie I was worried bc he was getting worn down even late in that 4th he was hurting. They needed that game to maybe rest him in game 2 if it came down to that.
They need more depth next year, I'm sure getting everyone back to healthy is the first priority though lol

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is as quick as anyone in the league, can finish at the rim with the best left hand, shot lights out this year. He is a special talent just like Curry, that is fair?

oh i ain't arguing that. kid looked GREAT at times. just saying that it's questionable that he's MVP level...ESPECIALLY in the light of him being injured so often...

gotta say that block on Curry he did looked real good. that DID show his quickness...

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is called being smart.

You're not getting any ratings in June on Friday or Saturday night. The finals are played Tue, THU, and Sundays unless it goes to a game 7.

The schedule is always the same way.

THU-SUN-TUE-THU-SUN-TUE-FRI

Exactly! It's been like that for years. Tues, Thurs, and Sun, but, I never seen the Finals on a Friday. Like you said, Friday and Saturday is the worst days to have a game. I don't understand what the nba is thinking.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was my concern with the Cavs. LBJ would get burnt out and if he has to carry them offensively then his overall game dips a little. His D wasn't great and he wasn't active getting rebounds. I think in the 4th Cavs played way too much Iso ball. LBJ became Melo and the ball just stopped in his hands.

This might be another 4-1 loss in the Finals for James.

He will never be a legend but can be great.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

U wouldn't have Deng if u had LBJ either.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Cleveland needs to pass on KLove and sign more players for depth? lol
They need to get rid of those scrubs who never play and actually sign young guys that can actually move lol

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasnt worried about Lebron being gassed, but Kyrie I was worried bc he was getting worn down even late in that 4th he was hurting. They needed that game to maybe rest him in game 2 if it came down to that.
They need more depth next year, I'm sure getting everyone back to healthy is the first priority though lol
U need more depth but u will lose some guys to. This might be Cavs best chance of winning it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs take Loves money and build the team around LBJ and Irving and Thompson.

Della was missing in action last night.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was my concern with the Cavs. LBJ would get burnt out and if he has to carry them offensively then his overall game dips a little. His D wasn't great and he wasn't active getting rebounds. I think in the 4th Cavs played way too much Iso ball. LBJ became Melo and the ball just stopped in his hands.

They played iso the whole game. He now has no All-Star on the floor since Kyrie is out. He almost willed this team to a victory. He will still be a legend lol. He had no business in this Finals, with this team.

You know all the starters now where actually on the bench on other teams, I think Shump started though. So again, carrrying this team almost did it last night.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LBJ is a legend. 6 finals. 4 MVPs. Back to Back titles with 2 finals MVPs. This year and certainly his 2007 Finals appearance were with massively inferior teams. I am no LeBron fan. I am a jilted Heat fan. But this man's legacy as an all time great really cant be argued. He will likely finish his career a top 3 scorer, a top 10 assist guy and top 20 rebounder all time.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U need more depth but u will lose some guys to. This might be Cavs best chance of winning it.

No, it's not the best chance. THey have 3 starters out and the cap will be going up. They will be fine.