• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe i'm gonna ask Turnup this, but when the Wigster DOES finally show up be easy on the man. i'm guessing this is a traumatic experience for him...

He sctually picked the Warriors, so he has all bases covered.

I honestly would be rooting for the Cavs if they didn't have James, but if they didn't have James they'd be in the lottery again.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning the finals has so much luck involved with it when it comes to injuries. You cant replace a guy like Kevin Love with Thompson. The Warriors went small and Thompson cant space them out. They go small with Love in there and they get spaced out on offense and absolutely destroyed on the defensive boards. Plus Love could shoot over that small lineup. Now Irving potentially being out...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly would be rooting for the Cavs if they didn't have James, but if they didn't have James they'd be in the lottery again.

yeah, guess I shouldn't be surprised. guys like him are gonna LIVE by that formula to save face...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good night all.
Nothing like finishing the night with a happy ending.
Warriors provided that.
Let's see if wifeys up and go for a doubleheader.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland played their A game tonight and still lost. But I wouldn't be too bummed if I were them*. I loved their gameplan defensively, especially throwing length at Curry all night and stringing him out on PnRs. Offensively, they looked the best they have in awhile but maybe got goaded into a few too many Lebron Isos. They're so tempting to do with GS defending him straight up but Cleveland would be better served to mix it up a little.

*With Irving apparently reinjuring himself, that changes things drastically.

As for the Dubs, they came out tight but adjusted. Still, they need to cut down on the "hot sauce" passes. They've played that way all year but they ruined a few possessions trying to do too much. When you're trailing in a Finals game, that's not the time to try a no look over your shoulder. They also need more effort chasing down loose rebounds. Speaking of rebounds, I'd consider playing Ezeli more. Bogut got his ass handed to him tonight. He got outmuscled several times and sometimes just gave poor effort. On offense, he mucked up several possessions by not being alert. When Ezeli came in for him, those issues went away.

Fun game 1. Screw waiting till Sunday. :(

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, guess I shouldn't be surprised. guys like him are gonna LIVE by that formula to save face...

I hate that crap. Go out with your boots on. Win or lose. I'd rather lose talking crap all the way till the end than try to save a little face.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning the finals has so much luck involved with it when it comes to injuries. You cant replace a guy like Kevin Love with Thompson. The Warriors went small and Thompson cant space them out. They go small with Love in there and they get spaced out on offense and absolutely destroyed on the defensive boards. Plus Love could shoot over that small lineup. Now Irving potentially being out...

Excellent synopsis and maybe the key to this series for Cleveland. We shall see. Later...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyways, that's a wrap for me. night fellas...

was a fun game to watch. congrats to the Dubs fans. you guys got one helluva team there...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, what a tough way to lose. I was at my buddy's and a bunch of people yelling and cheering went deadly quiet after the Kyrie injury.

On the road you have to win that in regulation if you havea realistic shot of winning the game. LeBron had been so great driving all game and then decides to shoot a fade away three. What an awful decision. Jr Smith chose a bad night to have a total shit game. What a shame about Irving. Its obvious he was not 100% but he was approaching 90% and looked like he could make an impact- and then that.

Oh well. We shall see what Sunday brings. They just need one out there but it they will have to reclaim the momentum to get it.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Cavs fans that said it would be over in 4 games.... they haven't showed up yet right?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I picked the Warriors because they are healthy, have home court and have a better coach and it just seems like its their year. The whole year I predicted the Cavs would make it to the Finals and fall short this year. It sucks if that is the case but its what I have thought all year. I dont know what else to say.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a to attend a kid's graduation tonight so I missed most of the game :( . Followed it on my Android and watched part of 4th qtr and overtime. Great game. Three to go. Can Lebron keep up that pace? I feel bad for Kyrie Ivring. I hope his knee isn't too bad. Apparently he also has tendonitis. I get the same problems with my knees from working out. It is difficult cause the only real cure is resting it, after taking anti-inflammatories.