• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going forward into next season

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My man Taco was probably our largest DT in awhile. I still laugh when I think about him trying to scoop up a Jacory fumble and take it to the house.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EJ Manuel as a potential top QB taken? Next year's group must suck then. The only thing that will keep Logan back for his senior year is a major injury or if he believes another year will help him be better prepared for the NFL. He will be told he's a 1st or 2nd rounder at the end of the year

Wishfully thinking, I will say this. We will see how he has progressed over the year and by the end of the season (as a passer making reads..accuracy etc.). But unless he blows everyone away he will likely not be a 1st rounder (as of right now). Next year in order Matt Barkley, Landry Jones/Tyler Bray (underclassman), and Tyler Wilson, and possibly Manuel and Geno Smith will probably be better pro prospects (In the scouts eyes). If he is is..it will probably be because of his upside, his great size, feet, and because he has the arm to make all of the throws. If he sticks around, works on his accuracy and the "mental part" of the game, he will be a first rounder om 2014 no prob IMO..if he went in the draft next year, looking at what he is, right now..more like a 2nd to 5th.

Last edited by a moderator:

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Barkley, Landry and maybe Wilson. Bray would be broken easily in the NFL. I can't remember anyone close to as skinny as he is in the NFL. Geno and EJ? lol EJ is overrated just like his team and remember Pat White had good numbers too. WVU always has a good offense. Look at how many QBs were taken high in 2011. 4 in the 1st round and 2 in the first 4 picks in the 2nd round. LT could be the 3-4 QB taken and still be in the 1st round. Point is that he will probably be told no lower than 2nd and that might be enough to persuade him to go. I hope not but it definitely looks like it could happen

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dinich interviewed Logan recently, one of the little nuggets I liked was the following:

HD: What are you looking forward to most about being a second-year starter?

LT: Just being able to play some more football for one. It’s nice to be able to have two more years left in my tank here. It’s an honor being able to play here at such a high football program that is known for winning throughout the last two decades. I’m especially enjoying my time here on campus.

Logan Thomas talks expectations - ACC Blog - ESPN

Yes, I know it doesn't mean much, but I'd like to think he wants to stick around.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dinich interviewed Logan recently, one of the little nuggets I liked was the following:

HD: What are you looking forward to most about being a second-year starter?

LT: Just being able to play some more football for one. It’s nice to be able to have two more years left in my tank here. It’s an honor being able to play here at such a high football program that is known for winning throughout the last two decades. I’m especially enjoying my time here on campus.

Logan Thomas talks expectations - ACC Blog - ESPN

Yes, I know it doesn't mean much, but I'd like to think he wants to stick around.

I'll go along with that. Mostly because I WANT to believe it. I think he'd be better off, and Va Tech football would be as well.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it would be awesome to have him for when we play Bama. I just hope he doesn't listen to the NFL people too much. Those bastards tell like 90 players that they will be drafted in the first 2 rounds.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley, Landry and maybe Wilson. Bray would be broken easily in the NFL. I can't remember anyone close to as skinny as he is in the NFL. Geno and EJ? lol EJ is overrated just like his team and remember Pat White had good numbers too. WVU always has a good offense. Look at how many QBs were taken high in 2011. 4 in the 1st round and 2 in the first 4 picks in the 2nd round. LT could be the 3-4 QB taken and still be in the 1st round. Point is that he will probably be told no lower than 2nd and that might be enough to persuade him to go. I hope not but it definitely looks like it could happen

There is always a possibility, if he has a breakout season and VT is in the NC hunt a good bit of the year..he gets heisman consideration, etc. Everything could change depending on how everyone performs and most importantly is the most NFL ready. Bray is currently considered highest rated QB prospect for the class of '14 and at 6'5 215 has plenty of room to put on another 20-30 lbs. Nogt saying he is or will be a better NFL QB than LT..just saying right now he is being looked at closer than LT. Furthermore..after 3 more QBs are taken in the 1st this year..there won't be quite as many teams ready to spend a 1st or maybe even second rounder on one next year. I say the # of QBs taken in the 1st will drop over the next couple of years (after this year).

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There is always a possibility, if he has a breakout season and VT is in the NC hunt a good bit of the year..he gets heisman consideration, etc. Everything could change depending on how everyone performs and most importantly is the most NFL ready. Bray is currently considered highest rated QB prospect for the class of '14 and at 6'5 215 has plenty of room to put on another 20-30 lbs. Nogt saying he is or will be a better NFL QB than LT..just saying right now he is being looked at closer than LT. Furthermore..after 3 more QBs are taken in the 1st this year..there won't be quite as many teams ready to spend a 1st or maybe even second rounder on one next year. I say the # of QBs taken in the 1st will drop over the next couple of years (after this year).

Doubt this happens. The QB position is becoming more and more important for teams now, especially with RB becoming less and less important. The last three drafts have produced 9 1st round QBs and with 2-3 QBs taken this year, I'd expect that trend to continue in 2013 with the talent available.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Doubt this happens. The QB position is becoming more and more important for teams now, especially with RB becoming less and less important. The last three drafts have produced 9 1st round QBs and with 2-3 QBs taken this year, I'd expect that trend to continue in 2013 with the talent available.

I agree. With 32 teams, a true franchise QB is the biggest difference in the NFL. It's pretty uncommon to have the same guy starting for the same team longer than 10 years. The ONLY guy starting for the same team he was 10 years ago is Tom Brady. McNabb and Hasselbeck both lasted about 10 years. Drew Brees will be 37ish if he starts 10 years for New Orleans. Peyton Manning, of all players, lasted only a little longer than 10 (who predicted his current position 3 years ago?). There are some guys that could make it past 10 seasons at this point (2004 draft class for example), but FAR more that won't.

With that, 32 teams @ 10 year careers, you'll have about 3 1st rounders on average. The 1st round flops will average out the later round steals.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Big QBs are becoming more popular. Barkley will definitely be the #1 QB taken IMO but after that, it's a crap shoot .. Landry Jones will definitely be in there but the ACC in the next season (or two) looks to have 3 of the best QBs in the country, being LT3, Boyd and EJ ... if they all progress as they should anyhow .. If LT leaves after this season, he'd be a 1st or 2nd rounder for sure. If he stays, it'll be because he wants to try for a natty.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big QBs are becoming more popular. Barkley will definitely be the #1 QB taken IMO but after that, it's a crap shoot .. Landry Jones will definitely be in there but the ACC in the next season (or two) looks to have 3 of the best QBs in the country, being LT3, Boyd and EJ ... if they all progress as they should anyhow .. If LT leaves after this season, he'd be a 1st or 2nd rounder for sure. If he stays, it'll be because he wants to try for a natty.

Sorry, but I have seen absolutely nothing in EJ Manual that makes me say he's one of the best QB's in the country. His deep balls are not acurate and his decision making is often questionable. I watched about 5 minutes of FSU's spring game coverage and saw EJ throw a screen pass into the back of lineman.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sorry, but I have seen absolutely nothing in EJ Manual that makes me say he's one of the best QB's in the country. His deep balls are not acurate and his decision making is often questionable. I watched about 5 minutes of FSU's spring game coverage and saw EJ throw a screen pass into the back of lineman.
Tim Tebow esc

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
. if they all progress as they should anyhow

Which isn't to say that EJ will .. He's definitely been a bust so far for FSU .. Let's hope for our sake .. that continues. I watched a bit of their spring game too .. I'm biased against them and I know it's a spring game, but I don't think that their defense will be as good as ours, if we can stay healthy

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that saw FSU play last year knows that their oline was pretty suspect. He was hardly getting anytime in the pocket before he got hit or had to scramble for his life. I wouldn't judge EJ Manuel too harshly.

The failing starts about 3 minutes in.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Whoa... Montell Harris was just permanently kicked off BC's team for a "repeated violation of team rules." Wonder if they'll let him finish his second doctorate?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Whoa... Montell Harris was just permanently kicked off BC's team for a "repeated violation of team rules." Wonder if they'll let him finish his second doctorate?

from the OT thread:

Montel Harris dismissed @ Boston College. The hits just keep on coming for Spags.

Dang for what? He always seemed like a good guy from what little i saw of him.

He was dismissed for being the only player who wanted to play well

the article i read said for breaking "team rules" multiple times.

Hmm...maybe he karate chopped some coaches. Dude is like a 2nd degree black belt.

That sucks.

Hope he finds somewhere and doesn't Branden Ore his talents.

Seems like Harris had been at BC forever. Odd to hear that he's been a problem there.