• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going forward into next season

Jhalf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol, i was trying to flirt, and I didnt notice. He was up by BDUBS

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... I finally got to the bar and drank three tall beers back to back. ... As I'm waiting for my ride he asked me if I wanted to do a breathalyzer, just to see what i was at, which I did and blew a .16...

Good God man... do you weigh 100lbs? Three beers got you to .16???

I blew a .12 the night I tore down the UVA banner in the Hokie House (then got my ass BEAT by the Blacksburg PD for refusing to pay for it without a receipt or price due diligence) and I must have had six/seven drinks.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:csb:

but .... that's a great point ... .16 on a few biggies??

:burt:

might hafta serve up negative rep for that :)

Jhalf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good God man... do you weigh 100lbs? Three beers got you to .16???

I blew a .12 the night I tore down the UVA banner in the Hokie House (then got my ass BEAT by the Blacksburg PD for refusing to pay for it without a receipt or price due diligence) and I must have had six/seven drinks.

:csb:

but .... that's a great point ... .16 on a few biggies??

:burt:

might hafta serve up negative rep for that :)

Drank three double beers 15 minutes before this happened. I wasn't drunk

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a test?? I can't do that shit sober. Why would you care about learning anything in reverse alphabetical order anyway

Technically, cops are not allowed to administer the abc test because, like you said, even a sober person would have difficulty with it. I'm guessing that is a new rule since I know it used to be somewhat of a standard sobriety test.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I know a a bunch of BBurg cops and a few VT, they are all dicks!

j/k.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a a bunch of BBurg cops and a few VT, they are all dicks!

j/k.

I was going to reply "I know a few dicks, they're all Bburg cops" as a joke...

But that would imply that I know dicks. Like KNOW them... it's like the gay version of saying "I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast".

And sparko... gd it... it IS a cool story, bro. Let's see you take one for the team and tear down the Miami or the FSU banner next time you're in HH in the 'burg.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And sparko... gd it... it IS a cool story, bro. Let's see you take one for the team and tear down the Miami or the FSU banner next time you're in HH in the 'burg.

images

Not really though.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Oh -- I wasn't being sarcastic .. Those are cool stories broze .. And since we're discussing the penal code, just so you guys know -- if you keep your ass parked in the passenger seat of a car and DO NOT step outside of the car ... a police officer CANNOT NAB you for a drunk in public ... VTSparks can confirm this as he was nabbed once and then "stuck it to the man" at another time. His DIP nab happened as I was being arrested for a DUI as we were leaving a bar on ODU's campus ... we were stupid kids .. glad we lived through our 20s and our Navy dayz

And since we are talking about pigs (and I have cop buddies -- but they're still pigs and I'll call 'em that too) -- I and the other coach of my son's baseball team have decided to call our team the "Iron Pigs" ... I would've liked to have named them the "War Pigs" but we weren't allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically, cops are not allowed to administer the abc test because, like you said, even a sober person would have difficulty with it. I'm guessing that is a new rule since I know it used to be somewhat of a standard sobriety test.

If you fail a sobriety test purely from not being able to say the abc's backwards then you could use that against the cop in court. Sobriety tests have to be a task that you can do sober. A normal person can't say the abc's backwards. It's more common for a cop to ask you to say letters F through P in order, or something like that.

Oh, the things you learn from a cop in driving class.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing some of the dickhead cops on Campus PD (funny show btw), I'd say VT and BB cops are some of the most lenient cops there are.

I've never had any serious run ins with them but the ones I've had, they were very cooperative. One time I was helping my buddy walk home from Pheasant Run to Terrace View. He was ridiculously drunk, stumbling all over the place and out of control. An officer stopped us on Patrick Henry and I thought for sure he was getting a DIP arrest. Turns out all the cop did was make sure I could get my friend home and politely warned me if he came back in 10 mins and I didn't have it under control, he would have to take action (perfectly fair given the circumstances).

I've also seen them break up quite a few parties with 0 arrests or infractions when they clearly could have busted peeps for underage drinking and delinquency of a minor.

The only time I can ever recall thinking the cops were dicks was at a football game once. They tossed out some girl for being drunk after she stumbled over her flip flops. She wasn't even that wasted and she was crying like hell afterwards. I felt so bad for her considering there were far more wasted people around.

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per andy bitter's twitter..
"Sophomore FS Derek DiNardo redshirt freshman ROV Josh Trimble will move to LB this spring because of low numbers there.
James Hopper's career is over for medical reasons. He'll be a student coach in the secondary this spring and a GA in the fall."

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If you fail a sobriety test purely from not being able to say the abc's backwards then you could use that against the cop in court. Sobriety tests have to be a task that you can do sober. A normal person can't say the abc's backwards. It's more common for a cop to ask you to say letters F through P in order, or something like that.

Oh, the things you learn from a cop in driving class.

They first ask if you know the alphabet, then ask if you can read and write, then ask you to say a segment of the alphabet. They also tell you not to sing it and are listening to see if you pause or skip letters at all.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
per andy bitter's twitter..
"Sophomore FS Derek DiNardo redshirt freshman ROV Josh Trimble will move to LB this spring because of low numbers there.
James Hopper's career is over for medical reasons. He'll be a student coach in the secondary this spring and a GA in the fall."

And that is why VT should put up with things like public intoxication. There should be some other punishment before dismissal for something this minor. If there was something else big then we would've heard about it. Missing curfew in the 2010 Orange Bowl trip was also very minor. I don't even know if he was 2nd string in 2010

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is why VT should put up with things like public intoxication. There should be some other punishment before dismissal for something this minor. If there was something else big then we would've heard about it. Missing curfew in the 2010 Orange Bowl trip was also very minor. I don't even know if he was 2nd string in 2010

minor or not..he broke the rules...PERIOD...and more than once. that's the problem with america these days...parents not punishing their kids...everything getting over looked and pushed aside. i applaud frank for making these kids keep up with their end of the deal. it's the whole "cookie jar" thing..your kid reaches for the cookie jar..you say.."do that again and i'll smack you". this happens once or twice..then the kid finally realizes..hey they aren't going to smack my hand..i can do what i want. i for one am proud as hell that the hokies are doing EVERYTHING they can to be a respectable program. morals mean something...whether or not you believe in them or not.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
minor or not..he broke the rules...PERIOD...and more than once. that's the problem with america these days...parents not punishing their kids...everything getting over looked and pushed aside. i applaud frank for making these kids keep up with their end of the deal. it's the whole "cookie jar" thing..your kid reaches for the cookie jar..you say.."do that again and i'll smack you". this happens once or twice..then the kid finally realizes..hey they aren't going to smack my hand..i can do what i want. i for one am proud as hell that the hokies are doing EVERYTHING they can to be a respectable program. morals mean something...whether or not you believe in them or not.

Great post.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Never said he shouldn't have been punished but it should have been less. Multiple game suspension would've been enough