• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going forward into next season

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We'll be 10+ wins and in the low teens going into the bowl game. You can set a freaking watch to this program.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think DJ Coles is going to be a huge player for us this season. He really turned it on at the end of last year.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think DJ Coles is going to be a huge player for us this season. He really turned it on at the end of last year.

As long as he stays healthy, I think he could have a big big year and get drafted pretty high. Great size and speed for the position.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm about ready for the season to start. Been ready since the Michigan game actually

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is McKinnon starting out at FS? i thought he was a Whip..

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is McKinnon starting out at FS? i thought he was a Whip..

Just my opinion, but I bet it has a lot to do with RVD. They think he's the whip of the future, and McKinnon (also imo) is too good to keep off the field. He looks big and fast, so they're putting him at a more inexperienced position in our defense

slntkilla

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion, but I bet it has a lot to do with RVD. They think he's the whip of the future, and McKinnon (also imo) is too good to keep off the field. He looks big and fast, so they're putting him at a more inexperienced position in our defense

Exactly. If you're Bud Foster you absolutely want to have McKinnon and RVD to have as much experience as possible. If you can have RVD at whip and McKinnon at safety you'll have more overall talent on the field at the same time. I like this move a lot :peace2:

757vt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
logan thomas just said that he's on the nose of 260 pounds

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly of all the highlight film I watched for the last recruiting class I was most impressed with Edmunds and McKinnon. Now they're both starting out at the wrong position. Makes me worried about our future depth at LB. I wonder if Jerome Wright will start at LB now, that would give us (over the 2012 and 2013 recruiting classes):

Mike: Wright, Moss
Backer: Clarke, DVD
Whip: Motuapuaka, DVD?, maybe even Fisher?

Maybe it's too early to be worrying, but that group would look a lot stronger with Edmunds and McKinnon in it.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Honestly of all the highlight film I watched for the last recruiting class I was most impressed with Edmunds and McKinnon. Now they're both starting out at the wrong position. Makes me worried about our future depth at LB. I wonder if Jerome Wright will start at LB now, that would give us (over the 2012 and 2013 recruiting classes):

Maybe it's too early to be worrying, but that group would look a lot stronger with Edmunds and McKinnon in it.

Fisher has a chance to be the best Safety in the country, and that's where he wants to play. I think you leave him there and build around him.

757vt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
im pretty positive mckinnon will start out at whip. what do u mean by mckinnon starting out at the wrong position?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting at safety. Bad move IMO but thats why they pay Bud and not me.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McKinnon is still very young and can still grow into one of the LB positions if that is where his game and his body takes him. He is fast and we are slim in the secondary..so if that is where he is needed for now..I am OK with that.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Starting at safety. Bad move IMO but thats why they pay Bud and not me.

McKinnon needs to be where the action is at whip. But this could be a case of putting someone where the numbers are thin. That's why it's best not to have recruiting misses

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I didn't see many SR defensive highlights for Edmunds but I thought he looked better as a RB. Not too much difference though and it seems like there is a greater need at LB not RB which Beamer was quoted as saying in a recent interview. I don't know why he said that

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I didn't see many SR defensive highlights for Edmunds but I thought he looked better as a RB. Not too much difference though and it seems like there is a greater need at LB not RB which Beamer was quoted as saying in a recent interview. I don't know why he said that

Right now the greater need is at RB. 2-3 years down the road, LB will be the greater need. I think you'll see Beamer give Edmunds a shot to play right away at RB. But I think next year, he'll be moved back to LB and play occasionally as a RB in specific situations (red zone, goal line)

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
McKinnon needs to be where the action is at whip. But this could be a case of putting someone where the numbers are thin. That's why it's best not to have recruiting misses

I think its about putting the best players on the field as quickly as possible. Kinda like having Kyle Fuller play the whip/nickel the last two years. We brought in a ton of other safety guys last year so you'd expect McKinnon to stick at WHIP, but since RVD look to hold that spot down for a while, it makes sense to get someone like McKinnon on the field in a similar position.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the move giving him a look at FS if RVD looks to be the future at whip. Get the best guys out on the field. Fisher wants to play safety but i know Bud wanted him to get a look at whip as well. It sounds like he has great instincts out there so he could be a bad ass Rover for us too. Lots of speed and athletic ability at FS, Rov, Whip and we will have some strong defenses