• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 8: Lions vs Eagles

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what little I saw on Red Zone seems they are missing a lot of pieces, who is the GM is there blame to be put there?
It always starts at the TOP... Ownership!! Me thinks... Matt Millen was the FALL GUY for William Clay Ford. What I mean is WCF stepped out of the light and hired Millen in 2001 and was still calling the shots behind the scene when the Fan Base and Media were chanting Fire Matt Millen.
And if they end up with the number 1 pick does anyone beside me see the value in trading that?
It depends on what's there. They still have another first rounder from the Rams.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GM and Coach got fired at the end of last year, the new regime got 6-year contracts, and instantly traded the little talent they had for future picks. This is year 1 of a complete teardown, so lack of talent is not a shock.

The first draft for the new guys appears pretty solid. The first 3 picks are trench players and all have been decent, Sewell could be an absolute monster.

I would only be willing to trade the #1 if they had plans to use it on a QB. Kyle Hamilton or Thibodeaux are 2 players I would be happy at staying at the 1 for.
Is QB your primary position of need or is D? Building in the trenches makes the most sense, and the fire sale free up cap space. If the Lions had that sale that means it will be at least two years to see production.

I know Houston showed real interest in the Pats Jarret Stidham he may be a piece for QB competition that you could get cheap and work the # 1 pick for more draft stock.. I like Stidham but he did get hurt, why BB did not play him last year baffles the whole Pats nations,

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It always starts at the TOP... Ownership!! Me thinks... Matt Millen was the FALL GUY for William Clay Ford. What I mean is WCF stepped out of the light and hired Millen in 2001 and was still calling the shots behind the scene when the Fan Base and Media were chanting Fire Matt Millen.

It depends on what's there. They still have another first rounder from the Rams.
Yeah it seem when owners play GM, teams fail. Having a lot of money does not mean having a lot of football IQ.

So you are looking at two firsts this year one early and one potentially late? Hell a decent GM can work that to get quality draft stock

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is QB your primary position of need or is D? Building in the trenches makes the most sense, and the fire sale free up cap space. If the Lions had that sale that means it will be at least two years to see production.

I know Houston showed real interest in the Pats Jarret Stidham he may be a piece for QB competition that you could get cheap and work the # 1 pick for more draft stock.. I like Stidham but he did get hurt, why BB did not play him last year baffles the whole Pats nations,
They need help all over including at qb, this is a weak qb draft so I would rather add talent everywhere else. Use our top 5 pick the following year on a qb.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are looking at two firsts this year one early and one potentially late?
Correct... got a 3rd rounder in the past draft, and 1st-rounders for 2022 and '23 in the Stafford/Goff deal.
Hell a decent GM can work that to get quality draft stock
Yeah, BUT... will the Lions build an Offense and a Defense to show up in the same season?? "OR" is it the "Same Ole Lions" where the Fan Base gets to see an Offense trying to outscore the Defense 'til the Fan Base whines about the Defense and we get a top 5 Defense with Overpaid Actors on the Offense side of the ball that will FEAR the Endzone??

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what little I saw on Red Zone seems they are missing a lot of pieces, who is the GM is there blame to be put there? And if they end up with the number 1 pick does anyone beside me see the value in trading that?
Bob Quinn was really bad at his job.

Crazy bad. Almost hard to believe bad.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions are the....

Image result for Underdog Cartoon Meme
See the source image

The women were taken from a @Big_Blue_72 post.

All I want 4 x-mas

Make it Happen

OR ELSE