• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 7: Lions at Rams

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are better off not knowing when and where the game is.

Matt Stafford throws for 600 yards and 6 TDs

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a Megatron in next years draft?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drake London is probably closest physically.

Does not carry the same weight as Calvin, but 6'5" plays mostly out of the slot, great athlete.
Is that the dude that broke his neck? He seems stronger than CJ but not as fast. I never see much separation. Better hands. Almost a combo of Jerry Rice and CJ.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that the dude that broke his neck? He seems stronger than CJ but not as fast. I never see much separation
He lacks CJ's top-end speed, but has all the other traits, a guy that big being agile enough to still be in the slot is rare. Slightly slower CJ with Golden Tate's ability after the catch would be his absolute ceiling, but I would like that, I would like that very very much.

The worse side comp is Mike Williams, and Lions know how that went.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is some unique athleticism for a WR to have
10639284.gif

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treylon Burks maybe?
Burks seems a little better IMO. Dude is strong. Really strong. A little shorter but he has great hops. He probably wont be available at 29 though and he is not top 3 either so might be tough to get him. London will be there late first round if they want him maybe even early 2nd. I saw 1 draft that had us picking both of them with Burks at 29 and then London at 33. I would be OK with that if we took Hamilton at 1.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a Megatron in next years draft?
The DE from Oregon is like a Megatron level height weight athlete. More like a Jadeveon Clowney than CJ though.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DE from Oregon is like a Megatron level height weight athlete. More like a Jadeveon Clowney than CJ though.
Yup. He would be in play if we were able to deal Flowers. We already have Harris and the Okwara Brothers. I dont think we want more than 4 especially when we are paying 2 big money. Need to dump one of those contracts.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. He would be in play if we were able to deal Flowers. We already have Harris and the Okwara Brothers. I dont think we want more than 4 especially when we are paying 2 big money. Need to dump one of those contracts.
You can't pass on that talent due to having ok guys already at the position. Especially if the only probowl caliber one is coming of Achilles tear. You could if there was equal talent at another position, like when we took Calvin over Joe Thomas. Or if there was a slightly lower ranked QB, they're at such a premium that you can take a good QB prospect over a great position player prospect. But you can't pass a potential great prospect for a good one just because you have a couple guys who aren't quite worthless.

I haven't paid enough attention yet if there are any other great prospects at the top of the draft. Definitely doesn't look like there's any QBs worth that pick. I hear a lot about Stingley? The DB from LSU but haven't seen him. Somebody from Georgia's defense has to be special but I don't know who it is.

Plus nobody ever complained about having too many pass rushers.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't pass on that talent due to having ok guys already at the position. Especially if the only probowl caliber one is coming of Achilles tear. You could if there was equal talent at another position, like when we took Calvin over Joe Thomas. Or if there was a slightly lower ranked QB, they're at such a premium that you can take a good QB prospect over a great position player prospect. But you can't pass a potential great prospect for a good one just because you have a couple guys who aren't quite worthless.

I haven't paid enough attention yet if there are any other great prospects at the top of the draft. Definitely doesn't look like there's any QBs worth that pick. I hear a lot about Stingley? The DB from LSU but haven't seen him. Somebody from Georgia's defense has to be special but I don't know who it is.

Plus nobody ever complained about having too many pass rushers.
Hamilton from ND. Safety is a huge need for us too. Dude is a baller. GA has 2 good LBs as well. Chris Harris from AL too but he is a bit slow. We will be stocking up on LBs and WRs in this draft. I like Anderson from GA.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton from ND. Safety is a huge need for us too. Dude is a baller. GA has 2 good LBs as well. Chris Harris from AL too but he is a bit slow. We will be stocking up on LBs and WRs in this draft. I like Anderson from GA.
With Walker playing closer to his year to self, adding Hamilton would give us an amazing safety group. The undrafted kid seems to be a decent slot as a rookie, leaving the team a few corners from having a good secondary. I think Oriwuriye is fine as the second option, but barring Okudah taking massive leaps we needs a better starter.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burks seems a little better IMO. Dude is strong. Really strong. A little shorter but he has great hops.

a little teaser snippet
neither Burkes or London have breakaway speed but those 50/50 contested catches by both are pretty damn good

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Harris from AL too but he is a bit slow.

Harris doesn't have the fluid hips to turn and run with TE and RB to consistently stay in their pocket.
TO'O TO'O has played better than Harris this year - and his only year at Bama - imo

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will be stocking up on LBs and WRs in this draft.

Don't be shocked to see Holmes give Anzalone an extension - no matter if "we as fans like it or not"

Once Collins was taken out of starting line-up, Anzalone has played better but should still seek an upgrade for him

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. He would be in play if we were able to deal Flowers.

I highly doubt Flowers will be on the team in 2022. 12.8M dead cap and 10.4 cap savings

I could see Holmes "attempt to trade Flowers" but that 16M Salary for the next 2 years will be a huge hinderance to see that come to fruition.

I doubt you could get anything more than a 5th or 6th round pick back and it would have to be a team with a ton of cap space