• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #6 - Miami at Virginia Tech

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're all too excited about the win to have a rants and raves thread haha (since usually it's more rants than raves)

Haha yeah I thought about doing it but figured it'd be all raves except the refs and run D.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I can't even be that mad at our run defense because we had a 230 lb Wilson and 260 lb Marshall on the line against 1500 lb offensive line. Our depth is very troubling, but that was expected.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exum's tackling was going to get a rant from me, but he is young...and McCray is playing very slow.

Hmm I should have paid more attention to McCray but didn't. Just slow off the ball?

Oh another rant- Eddie Whitley playing the ball and not man. Cost us that TD. I mean I get it Jacorys a pick machine, but fundamentals.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prince was moved last week due to depth issues. He will remain there as long as needed.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was a safety and if we EVER jumped a route, we were sat. That is a cornerback's job in man press, not the last man standings job. :L he cleaned his shot up though. ZM just looked like his head was in the way of his body. He kept tryin to technique guys and was getting swallowed up. It looked like hebwas working on a new move, and not just playing. DPM looked good in limited action but didn't get much time. Wilson was fast but 100 pounds smaller than the guys who were blocking him. We missed Gayle.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright.. touche LT.. very nice performance

couldn't you have done something to hint at this coming this week? a hint or 2 of this being on its way last week and we might've won that game too!

#imgreedy

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penis envy.

It is unbelievable how ignorant and arrogant those people are. Honestly. They were insulting our fans for being loud. Hello you fucking suck. You've fucking sucked for the past decade. And you can't even give away tickets. It's sad that people like that actually exist.

And a little irony. They are calling our fans ugly (try a mirror nerds) and rednecks yet the sabre is sponsored by BNB Tobacco and Buffalo & Company. They blow my mind sometimes

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is unbelievable how ignorant and arrogant those people are. Honestly. They were insulting our fans for being loud. Hello you fucking suck. You've fucking sucked for the past decade. And you can't even give away tickets. It's sad that people like that actually exist.

And a little irony. They are calling our fans ugly (try a mirror nerds) and rednecks yet the sabre is sponsored by BNB Tobacco and Buffalo & Company. They blow my mind sometimes

most pathetic fanbase in all of sports possibly

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penis envy.

Yes, very much so. At least one of them has some sense about them.

TheSabre.com - Football Message Board Message

I read through a few other comments. They are quite delusional. I wonder if they realize that Groh out recruited Beamer consistently (by the rankings) during his tenure there. London seems like he is doing pretty well, but it is comical that these people think that he will have them playing for an ACC (maybe NC) in a few years. They still have a LONG way to go. Straight up jealousy.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite part of that thread was the Hoo trying to back up his claim by saying "Well 16 years ago at an away game vs Temple they only had 27,000 fans there".

16 years ago.
An away game.
Vs Temple.
:der:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gayle says it is just a sprain and he should be back next week. He also had some choice words for the blocker:

James Gayle
@JGayle99
shout out to the weak ass tight end who cut me backside

Nice. I thought he got cut but they never showed a replay. Good to know its nothing serious.

Time for mini-rants and raves!

Raves

-Using multiple options out of the same set! Specifically the QB read option. LT actually pulled out to pass a couple of times and I've been wanting to see that for awhile. You'll put defenses in a tough spot if they have to judge if its a QB run, TB run, or QB pass.

-In relation to the first, we actually handed the ball to the WRs on the reverse. I was tired of always seeing them fake it yet never, ever run it for real. There's no point in faking if you never actually hand off to the WR. Too bad neither time they handed off the WR we didn't gain much.

-The little Asian kid jumping to Sandman. You go little dude!!!

Rants

-Refs sucked hard

-Safeties played like dummies, Whitley especially. He had absolutely no business jumping the route that led to a TD. You're a safety!!! Our last line of defense. If you miss, its a guaranteed 6. Just target the WR and unload on him, not the ball. Also, its petty but I'm calling out Exum on the simultaneous TD. If you noticed, Harris checks the play at the line, points to Exum's man, points to the back of the end zone, and then snaps the ball. Despite totally telegraphing the play, Exum doesn't jam the WR and is still late playing the ball. Just be a little more aware, that's all.

-And a FU to ABC for not showing the start of the game. No one wants to see the last 3 mins of an OU blowout.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I won't be fooled by the striking difference in play the past two weeks. Logan Thomas will have good games and bad. So will the defense. The team will continue to do whatever it takes to try to get the win. I'll take as many wins as possible. A couple of my thoughts:

-Logan Thomas obviously executed extremely well. He was accurate, patient, and poised the entire game. Amazing that this came on a day with two of our greatest quarterbacks on the sideline. Almost a passing of the torch. This was his moment and he made it his own. Loved the qoute attributed to TT: "This is where legends are made. This is where you make your legacy, go ahead and do it."

-The offensive play calling was good. I was surprised by the lack of adjustments from Miami. They basically dared us to throw, which we took advantage of, and we still got enough production on the ground. I am still stunned by the fourth down call. Seemed extremely dangerous, and I literally thought "there is no way we are dumb enough to run the read again". It worked.

-Defense struggled. Miami was smart enough to start pounding the ball in the second half. I'm still amazed more teams don't do this against us in the ACC. It totally negates our aggressive nature, and prevents us from gaining turnovers as a staple of our success. This is why the Georgia Tech game still worries me. We also gave up too many big plays, both run and pass.

-Special teams were greatly improved. They read the fake field goal perfectly. Punting got a big boost. Still waiting on our return game to explode.

-The atmosphere was off the charts, and so was the game. As ES ended, the crowd roared, and the final play began, it was one of those moments frozen in time. A time when the big picture means northing, and you can truly live in the moment. I despise Miami football, and love for the Hokies to beat them more than almost any other team in any sport.

Go Hokies!

ifdawg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hate to say I told u so, but u***8217;ll soon find out that this is a lie***8230;.I absolutely love to say it so here it goes***8230;***8221;I told you so***8221;.

Same QB, same offensive talent, but insanely improved performance. Why? Because the design was different, our schemes were much more sophisticated. Whether or not this continues is up to our OC staff and they***8217;re willingness to keep doing what works. Here***8217;s to what worked***8230;

The SINGLE most important reason we were successful on offense, was because we believed in LT. In previous games we tried to hide him for as long as possible, only to be exposed on 3rd and long situations. How do you expect a new starting QB to be successful when you show no confidence in his ability by running the ball the 1st 9 plays, then asking him to throw when backed up. This is a recipe for disaster. We started the game throwing and kept the defense honest the entire game.

The screen pass saw HUUUGE improvements. Gatdammit! I nearly cried tears of joy watching us execute WELL DESIGNED screen plays like we***8217;ve never seen on this side of Blacksburg. They involved great blocking and were timely. Having a RB who can block is nice, but having a RB that can be used in the open field is much more dangerous to an aggressive defense. This also made the check-downs possible.

Also we finally gave LT check down options. We can sit around complaining about LT***8217;s fixed process on identifying his receiver, but up till now he wasn***8217;t given anything to check down to. We finally set RBs and TEs to run free allowing LT to check down when the big play was covered. Setting everyone back to block allows the defense to pin their ears back and rush the QB like crazy.

Here***8217;s to doing the common sense things and putting our boys in a position to be successful. For what its worth at least now we know its possible.