• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #6 - Miami at Virginia Tech

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
OT: some of the people I tailgate with were the "coca-cola fans of the game", they got their picture on the score board, a ftball autographed by beamer, and a whole bunch of coke stuff.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really weren't that big of a difference in schemes from Clemson to this game. There were many of the same plays and looks. The reason we were able to have so much offensive success was because Logan Thomas was confident and accurate throwing the football. Our receivers were also able to give LT a bigger window to throw into compared to last week. Those are the differences in the game, not scheme.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
There really weren't that big of a difference in schemes from Clemson to this game. There were many of the same plays and looks. The reason we were able to have so much offensive success was because Logan Thomas was confident and accurate throwing the football. Our receivers were also able to give LT a bigger window to throw into compared to last week. Those are the differences in the game, not scheme.

IDK i think there were a few differences in the game. 1) (and they talked about this on TTL tonight) was that instead of being in a classic drop back on every play they were changing the "launch points" for him. 2) DW was a "safety valve" for LT all night either in the flats or running digs and screens 3) We also threw the ball on first and second down a lot more this game.

After the game LT said something to the effect that they called a lot of plays early to get him comfortable.

I do agree though that the play of our guys was the biggest difference but i credit O'cain, Stiney, & Co. for recognizing our strengths and weaknesses and calling plays accordingly.

BTW the early first down pass to drager (that would have been a td had he stayed on his feet) was one of the prettiest touch passes i've ever seen.

ifdawg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thank u @hunzworth...a couple of ppl out there don't wana let me shine... :-p

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I have a question after watching a partial replay of the game.

How was the reviewed long Miami pass overturned to become a completion? It seems quite clear to me that while the receiver first makes contact with the ball with his right foot in bounds, he does not actually take control of the ball until his left foot touches the out of bounds line. I see a clear movement of the ball that continues to drift down the receivers body all the way to his knee. The ball movement does not become controlled until his right foot leaves the inbound grass. I suppose that this ball movement could become controlled, even in movement, but it's close. Perhaps I could see an original called completion stand, but at minimum there is legitimate doubt in overturning the play as a called incompletion.

I hate people complaining about the refs. I realize they won't get things right all the time. I consider it a part of the game, and expect the teams to adjust and overcome. However, I honestly can not comprehend how an official could claim INDISPUTABLE video evidence on this replay, and come to the conclusion of this review.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]r0f-zm7cTsA[/YOUTUBE]

been wondering the same thing ever since they overturned it....definitely does not look like anything indisputable.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas' completion percentage was the highest for an FBS quarterback all season long up to this point, and the highest in Virginia Tech school history.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supporting your student athletes is so very low brow. Having fun while doing so? Carruthers scoffs at the notion.

Seriously Carruthers, you're bitching about a raging party, at your rival school, on a message board, on a Saturday night.

I've read a lot of dogshit dumb threads on the interwebnets in my time. I have that kind of time and morbid curiosity. Maybe I'm not proud of it and I'm certainly no better for it... and I did it again. That thread on the Sabre might kick "2 Chicks 1 Cup - An in-depth review" off the top spot.

If I was a Wahoo I would probably give up after reading that. How can you hope to be successful, compete when you have idiots in your own fan base who complain about cheering? THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF BEING A FAN!!! You don't go to a game to know the score or record stats... YOU GO TO HAVE A GOOD TIME! You can't watch the last two minutes of our game last week and not think "Good God in heaven, those young, supple and sexy Hokies are having the fucking time of their fucking lives."

Well maybe you can, but something along those lines popped into your head. Thinking otherwise is being dangerously self-delusional... like commit-able, certifiably insane self-delusional.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally read that thread from the sabre. It made me giggly inside.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's on hokiesports.com in the Photo Gallery. I believe its the last picture in the series for the Miami game.

Its on there but i dont think you can pull it from their page. (if that is what he was intending to do)

EVanG: i have it on my home computer, ill get the old lady to email it to me and post it over here.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
here ye go!

edit: ok so that didnt work, ill try it from home after work.
BTW i got the one that can be copied from twitter.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
picture 101
This weekend I may try and "obtain" the source of that slideshow so I can get the image, with it imbedded in flash with an overlay of javascript I can not get to the XML feed without a little digging to get the image path, thats the pic though thanks!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This weekend I may try and "obtain" the source of that slideshow so I can get the image, with it imbedded in flash with an overlay of javascript I can not get to the XML feed without a little digging to get the image path, thats the pic though thanks!

ok ima try this again:

0018.JPG

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
there are some better shots of it out there, but i cant find one that will load on SportsHoopla. ill see if i can change the image size on 1 or 2 of them later if you need.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
there are some better shots of it out there, but i cant find one that will load on SportsHoopla. ill see if i can change the image size on 1 or 2 of them later if you need.
Nice work, if you find any that are big you can email them to me, shoot me a message and I will give you an email address. Thanks