• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #6 - Miami at Virginia Tech

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news, we are still undefeated in our division and the road to the ACCCG still comes through Blacksburg. Lets turn this around and get the first conference win under our belt and start working towards a rematch in December!

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we absolutely cannot afford to lose another game this season if we want to get to the title game. i dont see georgia tech losing 2 games in conference. we must win out.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On this note, I will start sinking into my bottle of Maker's Mark.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good thing about this game is jacory harris will give our de facto offense (the defense) an opportunity to win this game.. thanks J12

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game depends on which QB they play. If they play Harris, we stand a shot. Harris is a turnover machine and our D could get some TOs. Hopefully, our offense can manage to look semi-competent to take advantage of some of the TOs.

If they play Morris, well, we might do as well. To me, Morris is clearly the better QB and I've been baffled as to why the U continues to trot out Harris

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This game depends on which QB they play. If they play Harris, we stand a shot. Harris is a turnover machine and our D could get some TOs. Hopefully, our offense can manage to look semi-competent to take advantage of some of the TOs.

If they play Morris, well, we might do as well. To me, Morris is clearly the better QB and I've been baffled as to why the U continues to trot out Harris

I agree with you about Morris v/s Harris. Morris looks like he could be the real deal while i think Harris usually just tosses them up hoping a rec can make a play.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It just keeps getting better, doesn't it?

hokiesports hokiesports.com
FB: Antoine Hopkins suffers torn ACL: Defensive tackle lost for the season
Antoine Hopkins suffers torn ACL

normwood Norm Wood
Hopkins is scheduled to have surgery Friday in Blacksburg on the torn ACL in his right knee.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It just keeps getting better, doesn't it?

hokiesports hokiesports.com
FB: Antoine Hopkins suffers torn ACL: Defensive tackle lost for the season
Antoine Hopkins suffers torn ACL

normwood Norm Wood
Hopkins is scheduled to have surgery Friday in Blacksburg on the torn ACL in his right knee.

Yep logged on just to post this, that blows!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ok so i am done being pissed about Clemson, you guys got any thought on Miami? I havnt had a chance to see them play this year, what should i expect.

I know our offense looked like crap against Clemson so what do you guys think we can do to get back on track against Miami? I know you cant give logan experience or re-train the OL over night but the one thing you can change quick is the play calling. IMO we need to run logan about 5x's more often, run the option, limit our passing plays, and when we do pass make them quick slants, screens, and drag routes. IDK because im no D1 coach but to me that seems like the only way to get this offense on track.

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami hasn't looked good, but they've looked better than us on O. I'm not sure how to call this one...injuries are hurting us though!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so i am done being pissed about Clemson, you guys got any thought on Miami? I havnt had a chance to see them play this year, what should i expect.

I know our offense looked like crap against Clemson so what do you guys think we can do to get back on track against Miami? I know you cant give logan experience or re-train the OL over night but the one thing you can change quick is the play calling. IMO we need to run logan about 5x's more often, run the option, limit our passing plays, and when we do pass make them quick slants, screens, and drag routes. IDK because im no D1 coach but to me that seems like the only way to get this offense on track.

They're shaky, just like us. As I said earlier, I think they're worse off with Harris. They're D isn't as good as ours but I'm not sure that matters if we're going to poop the bed on offense all the time.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're shaky, just like us. As I said earlier, I think they're worse off with Harris. They're D isn't as good as ours but I'm not sure that matters if we're going to poop the bed on offense all the time.

Yep, Although the score didn't look that way they didn't exactly light it up against B-C over the weekend. Alot of Defense in this one..low scoring game..nobody breaks 20 IMO.

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the final score should be about 11-7 in favor of us if the offense plays the same as they did against CU.

1 defensive TD, missed XP
1 FG
1 Safety

I'm honestly not feeling good at all about the rest of our games after watching that horrific performance on Saturday.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacory may help us win with a pick 6 toss

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacory may help us win with a pick 6 toss

yep.. i'll be honest i feel good about the miami game (100% because i think J12 is a terrible qb).. unc and GT are a different story though

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13-7

Jacory throws both TD's

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia Tech defense takes another hit - Roanoke.com

Couldn't find the question/post from earlier, but it looks like Maddy, Marshall, Tucker, and Hamlette will be in for Hopkins. A local radio personality thought that it would be Maddy, Marshall and Hamlette in that order. If I remember correctly the frosh were pretty impressive during the summer workouts, particularly Luther Maddy. Even though Hopkins is a huge loss, I think the D-Line, although young, is in fairly decent shape. We'll see what they've got!!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just read on twitter that Beamer said something to the effect of "we will play the numbers game, and may consider going for it more often of fourth down instead of punting"

In a way i like going for it on fourth and short, but c'mon coach there are at least 3 better punters on this team USE ONE OF THEM!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Virginia Tech defense takes another hit - Roanoke.com

Couldn't find the question/post from earlier, but it looks like Maddy, Marshall, Tucker, and Hamlette will be in for Hopkins. A local radio personality thought that it would be Maddy, Marshall and Hamlette in that order. If I remember correctly the frosh were pretty impressive during the summer workouts, particularly Luther Maddy. Even though Hopkins is a huge loss, I think the D-Line, although young, is in fairly decent shape. We'll see what they've got!!

From what i hear throw Harley into that mix also.