• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #6 - Miami at Virginia Tech

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not a lot of chatter on here for the day before Miami!

I know the past week has been tough but here's hoping for a different outcome tomorrow.:first:

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not a lot of chatter on here for the day before Miami!

Just my opinion, but as I've gotten older I've learned that it's better to say too little then get involved in time-wasting arguments. I've made the personal decision based on last week's rants from various posters to use this board as a resource and to no longer actively participate.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited but frustrated. This stupid leg is keeping me away from my first home Miami game since 1997. At least Hokie200 and Ms. Hokie200 are coming up to chill for the weekend. Miami is my favorite week of the year!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just my opinion, but as I've gotten older I've learned that it's better to say too little then get involved in time-wasting arguments. I've made the personal decision based on last week's rants from various posters to use this board as a resource and to no longer actively participate.

Damn TAE i really hate to hear that as i enjoyed your post: agree or disagree, and actually remember you from either HH or TSL. I did a little "ranting" last week myself, i think frustration brings it out of all of us from time to time. Anyway man, i will miss your insight and hope that time will change your mind.

GO HOKIES!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I just want to see our offense come out and play confident inspired football. I honestly think our guys got down on themselves a little bit during last weeks game and for lack of a better term we started playing flat.

When two teams are evenly matched physically, emotion/momentum become a HUGE part of the game IMO. Last week we missed a few opportunities and made a few mistakes early and then got down on ourselves mentally. The mental aspect prob tied our feet up a bit and which resulted in sloppy results on the field. Im hoping we can come out and play crisp clean football early (like last week) but finish drives. I've watched the clemson game 7-8 times now and i honestly feel like if 2 of 3 things doesnt happen its a very different ball game. 1) rough the punter 2) boykin makes the catch or 3) DW fumble.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sad to hear it. I know I was a quite frustrated and may have rubbed you and others the wrong way. Sorry if I made a bad week worse for anyone on here. You have provided great input and feedback and its a big loss for the board. Hopefully you will come back. Let us know you are still around with little posts here and there.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR, I didn't see anything get too heated last week, but I did not read through everything. TAE, hopefully you still come and contribute as you add a ton to the board. You have my email and can always email me if you have issues or whatnot.

Compared to some of the other boards, the bad week seemed mild here.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing much to say. Either the offense shows up or it doesn't. The game will basically be A) Who can run the ball better and B)Which QB does not screw up. No knock on LT, but its a fact that right now he's a weakness. He just need to play within himself and not feel the need to force things.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gameday! I see this as a real low scorer, maybe 4 TDs combined. As wildturkey said, it will be about minimizing mistakes and running the ball. Last week we ran well.... Keep Pounding! If we come out and ram the ball down their throats effectively, I don't want to see balance or a passing game. Just run the damn ball!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry to hear that TAE. I hope that our little disagreement on "The state of the OL" didn't have too much to do with that. Hope you change your mind on this and continue being involved..

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else betting their mortgage on the under? U/O is 45 points for this game.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mortgage, HA. I've already bet my family's prized thoroughbred horse on under.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
H-O-K-I-E-S Hokies! I am starting to get pumped! I think we come out strong and crisp on all sides of the ball after last weeks letdown.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else betting their mortgage on the under? U/O is 45 points for this game.

I'll take under..despite the beautiful football weather. I would gladly take 30+ points on O, get a W, and admit I was an idiot for ever doubting O'Cain, Stiney, LT, and the OL....

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fumble on the snap towards the end of the 2nd quarter could be a huge turning point. we were about to score a field goal potentially, or maybe a touchdown, then miami goes down the field quickly and gets a td. 14-7 right now instead of 17 or 21-0.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fumble on the snap towards the end of the 2nd quarter could be a huge turning point. we were about to score a field goal potentially, or maybe a touchdown, then miami goes down the field quickly and gets a td. 14-7 right now instead of 17 or 21-0.

Replay officials really screwed the pooch on that one. If anything that should have confirmed that the WR bobbled the ball while his lone foot inbounds came off the ground, not reversing it to a completion.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking great on O so far. Miami has no answer. Hopefully that continues in the 2nd half.

Total horseshit call on #1 for Miami's catch on third and long. Every replay clearly showed he was out of bounds before he gained control. There's no way the call could have been reversed. At best it should have stood as called.

Any word on Gayle? All I've seen so far is its his ankle.