• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 5: Seahawks @ Rams

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a road win against the Rams any day of the week but realistically they probably should have lost that game. Regardless, it's more of the same. The defense looks great despite the injuries and the offense is about as bad as it's ever been under Pete. Gonna be real hard to beat this team if the O can get in its normal late season groove.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally able to watch the game but man they really had like no one there it looks less than 5,000 no team in La is going to have home field advantage damn

I think the Chargers have it worse. The stadium they play in is easily the smallest in the league and they can't even fill it. I think what you'll end up seeing is the Rams in their new stadium when it opens and the Chargers either back in San Diego or in another city.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Rams had 60,000 announced at the game but i am betting half those where bought up by companies to give to employees and such and those people didn't show up. I know that the LA Coliseum is HUGE and can seat over 100,000 with extra stands put in at one of the endzones and normal cap is 92,000. That is just a massive stadium and you sit a mile away from the field. HORRIBLE place to watch a game. It also gives the feeling of being empty when you actually do have 60K because you have over 30% of the seats still empty. 1 out of every 3 seats being empty would make any stadium "look" half full.

There are Teams that make it harder to see empty seats by painting the seats different colors of the teams colors or 1 solid color if fans tend to wear one color more.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team certainly could have performed better, but WIN. The only other time we've won on the road vs Rams in the RW era was the SB48 year, and that score was only 13-9 if I remember it correctly. It's always an inefficient struggle over there.

The O had a tough day, as per usual, but they also didn't make a ton of mistakes to lose the game. 1 turnover. It would have been great if they could have picked up that last 1st down inside 2 min to ice it, but at least they got the 3 to make it a 6 point game. The D gave up chunks here and there, but any time you hold the league's highest scoring O to 10 points in their house then you've had a good day.

3-2 into the break, back in 1st place. Probably only 1 win away from where just about all of us expected to be at this point. The schedule REALLY lightens up after the bye as well, with @ Giants (probably w/o OBJ), vs Houston (likely w/o Watt), vs Redskins, @ Arizona all looking very winnable to me. Will be favored in all those games, and I'm pretty confident we will be 7-2 going into the MNF home game vs Atlanta.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going forward, pretty concerned about the running game w/o Carson. He wasn't ripping off 100 yard games or 40 yard runs or anything, but he was consistently plowing forward for 3-5 yards. No one else on the team has proven to be able to both do that *and* stay healthy. I think the door is wide open right now for Prosise to grab the primary ballcarrier role, but he just cannot stay on the field. Lacy looks slowish to the hole. Is Rawls gonna step up and grab this thing?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheldon R was in front row at M's game with Britt, He walked back up my/our aisle and I suggested a handshake.

He accepted and I said "Welcome to Seattle" He said "Thank you Pal"

Today he "Repaid" his Thank You to ME.
NOW, he owed me nothing, but in my mind, Seahawks Won this GAME because of SheldonR.

ThANK You Sir.

He had a helluva game...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the real diff was earl thomas. he took points off the board early that changed the game. he made plays all day.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Richardson was fantastic yesterday. The run pluggers had a big impact on the game. Gurley had some good runs early but bottled up most of the day. A big reason why we got that W was how well they clamped on the run.

They did, but the third down dink and dunks to the running backs were brutal! We need to cinch that up, could have had even more opportunity on offense.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game really highlighted to me not only the commitment to the run, but the commitment to getting Jimmy involved. Neither aspect worked all of the time, but the fact that they are trying to establish them should bode well moving forward. Eventually it'll break through.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson/Thomas were the true heroes of the game.

Also gotta give props to Frank Clark. He went against one of the best LT performers this season (who is one of the better LTs in the league in recent years) and did a decent job dominating him. Also filled in big time for Cliff Avril's injury and provided steady pass pressure.

Ifedi also had a pretty big game. He was securing the right edge fairly well and not allowing much on Wilson. Hard to notice considering the rest of Seattle's line is bleh, but I did like what I saw from Ifedi.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game really highlighted to me not only the commitment to the run, but the commitment to getting Jimmy involved. Neither aspect worked all of the time, but the fact that they are trying to establish them should bode well moving forward. Eventually it'll break through.
I hope so. I think the run game is a lot more imperative that forcing it to Jimmy. If we're able to be effective on the ground, the opportunities for pass catchers will increase. The one helps the other. And if the opponent wants to spend extra resources to take Graham away, that just improves the matchups elsewhere. I'm thinking Baldwin is the guy I would like to see more involved, oddly enough.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did, but the third down dink and dunks to the running backs were brutal! We need to cinch that up, could have had even more opportunity on offense.
There were a few that were maddening for sure, but I don't expect the D to shut down everything the opponent can do all the time. I did find it frustrating that on 3rd & medium, the backers would line up at the sticks and then backpedal so any underneath completion was almost surely going to be a 1st down. I suppose that's better than giving up a 20 yard seam route, but it also allowed the Rams to move the chains consistently.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much all the D line had good games. The INT late by Thomas was 100% caused by Jarran Reed's bullrush, moving his man into Goff's space so he couldn't follow through on that ball, and it sailed for the easy pick by Earl.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams pretty much reached there season average for yards per game against the Hawks but were unlucky to commit 5 TO. Going forward the D needs to be more stout instead of bending like a wet noodle. You can't count on TO to win games and with out them in the Rams game the Hawks lose big.

The Running game for the Hawks is poor right now but one thing i remember about Rawls is he needs to feel it as in he never really started games off hot but got better as they go along. It was something like 2.5 YPC in the first half and 6-8 YPC in the 4th Quarter. He needs more touches and is the better option over Fullbackside Lacy lol. Rawls needs 15+ touches a game before things will start clicking. He is still the quicker more explosive back between TubbyMcHuffandPuff and himself.

Love the turnovers and teams or more accurately players force them either by mistake or desire. Some of the Rams TO were youthful mistakes others were just down right desire to stop you from the Seahawks players. I can not believe how ugly that game could have so easily been for our hawks. Dodged a bullet there fella's.

I will take the Road win and place it in my back pocket but i didn't like what i saw from the offense. the Defense showed flashes but needs to be stronger and the play calling was pretty bad. The use of personnel was bad on offense and they did some strange things. The McEvoy pass was open but he was late but had Wilson FAKED the pass to McEvoy, McKissic would have been open on the wheel route and they could use their REAL QB to make that throw.

Stop trying to be cute and using trick plays. This is no longer a Jeff Fisher team that uses them to beat you. I think had the Hawks just played that drive straight up they score.

Anyway lots to talk about over the next couple weeks. Lets hope this team ( Offense ) wakes up during the bye.

Oh on a side note. After a down right BAD first half Rees looked better in the 2nd half and wasn't the rotating door at LT as much. Still that first half was bad...killed QB bad. can't have that.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone see the stat where the Rams put up 250 yards in the 2nd half of the game and Seattle put up 60? or something like that. YUCK! :puke:

That's some seriously bending Defense there. Well sometimes it's better to be lucky than good lmao.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone see the stat where the Rams put up 250 yards in the 2nd half of the game and Seattle put up 60? or something like that. YUCK! :puke:

That's some seriously bending Defense there. Well sometimes it's better to be lucky than good lmao.
I guess it's a good thing yards don't win games.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's a good thing yards don't win games.

They do usually or more often than not. I do remember in the 80's how the Hawks use to talk about points per 100 yards because they would give up yards but not points and how the offense would score points but only have something like 190-200 passing or 325 total per game but score like 20+

Still if you are being out gained 5 to 1 in a Half of football most of the time that's a loss. Not to mention the fact that they gave up over 50% 3rd down conv rate. 21 total first downs to 15 for the Hawks and 14 passing first downs. The 5.7 YPP by the Rams to 3.7 YPP ( yards per play ) by the Hawks. Remember the Rams defense was one of the WORST in the NFL not one of the best.

Can't count on Turnovers to win games and it was those TO that got them the win no if ands or buts about it. Yes i am extremely happy about the win, not very happy with the continued poor play from both the Defense and Offense. Turnovers saved our teams butt. Hawks stole a win and you need a couple of those through out the year but you can not rely on them.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Chargers have it worse. The stadium they play in is easily the smallest in the league and they can't even fill it. I think what you'll end up seeing is the Rams in their new stadium when it opens and the Chargers either back in San Diego or in another city.

The Chargers are a dead team walking in LA. When the Eagles fans came back from that road trip, most called the sports stations saying that stadium was pretty much run by the Eagles fans. I feel bad for the Chargers players cause they didn't asked to be relocated and are basically playing 16 road games.