• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 5: Seahawks @ Rams

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers are a dead team walking in LA. When the Eagles fans came back from that road trip, most called the sports stations saying that stadium was pretty much run by the Eagles fans. I feel bad for the Chargers players cause they didn't asked to be relocated and are basically playing 16 road games.

Agreed. They should see if they can get out of whatever deal they have with LA and/or the Rams to share that stadium and maybe ask the Raiders if they can bunk with them in Vegas or something. They can't stay in LA getting crowds like this and I don't think their ownership will go crawling back to San Diego the more I think about it. Hell... let them play in Oakland at the Coliseum when the Raiders move out.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. They should see if they can get out of whatever deal they have with LA and/or the Rams to share that stadium and maybe ask the Raiders if they can bunk with them in Vegas or something. They can't stay in LA getting crowds like this and I don't think their ownership will go crawling back to San Diego the more I think about it. Hell... let them play in Oakland at the Coliseum when the Raiders move out.

Another option could be Spanos forced to sell the team and new owner moves it back to SD. Oakland would be interesting if the stadium doesn't crumble in a couple of years. The few things that I have read is the NFL already starting to draw up plans if/when the LA Chargers completely bottom out.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another option could be Spanos forced to sell the team and new owner moves it back to SD. Oakland would be interesting if the stadium doesn't crumble in a couple of years. The few things that I have read is the NFL already starting to draw up plans if/when the LA Chargers completely bottom out.

Well... I've heard enough horror stories about the Oakland Coliseum in recent years to believe that it's the worst stadium in two different sports, which is why the Raiders are going to Vegas and why the A's keep trying to get out, but I have to imagine that it would be preferable to crawling back to SD for Spanos.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When any team moves it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and no it wasn't the Sonics moving that caused it. I remember when the Rams left LA i was not a fan of that and thought oh thats Bullshit. Or when the Cards moved to Az. yep was not a fan, then we had the Hawks try and move that just cemented it. When the Sonics moved it destroyed me and made me completely sour on Basketball and i have not watched a game since. i have seen highlights and looked at scored but i have not watched another game.

Chargers should be in San Diego and yes i know they are not originally from there. Oakland/LA raiders they can move were ever they want because they have never really been faithful EVER to any city. Give us this or we will move type team. They can vanish for all i care.

It's to bad that owners don't even understand what these teams mean to the fans, not even a clue.

I envy the Packers fans so much.

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... I've heard enough horror stories about the Oakland Coliseum in recent years to believe that it's the worst stadium in two different sports, which is why the Raiders are going to Vegas and why the A's keep trying to get out, but I have to imagine that it would be preferable to crawling back to SD for Spanos.

Here's a question, would the fans welcome the Chargers back if Spanos is still the owner? Under new ownership sure, but Spanos I'm not so sure the fans would support his team after leaving.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a question, would the fans welcome the Chargers back if Spanos is still the owner? Under new ownership sure, but Spanos I'm not so sure the fans would support his team after leaving.
Tough question. To frame it for myself, I think about what my reaction would be if the jerk who took the Sonics to OKC decided to come back to Seattle. I'm guessing I would still not like Clay Bennett, but I would probably be happy about the team returning.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough question. To frame it for myself, I think about what my reaction would be if the jerk who took the Sonics to OKC decided to come back to Seattle. I'm guessing I would still not like Clay Bennett, but I would probably be happy about the team returning.

I never thought of it that way. Yeah I'd hate Bennett but I too would support the Sonics.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is Spanos did try to keep them in San Diego, Clay Bennett never had any interest in keeping the Sonics in Seattle. He bought the team knowing no matter what he was going to move them to OKC.

Clay went through the actions only because he was forced but when he said "what about the businesses that will be hurt if they moved to SODO?" Just to turn down the new stadium idea was as transparent as glass. Yeah what about those businesses Clay the ones you said you were protecting before you MOVED TO OKC!

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with JMR on this one. The players would be welcomed back (unless they burned bridges themselves on the way out), but the owner(s) would be persona non grata for as long as he(they) still owned the team. If Clay Bennett saw a new arena go up in SODO and decided to bring the Sonics back home to take advantage of having a state-of-the-art arena in a big city, having the team back would make me happy, but Bennett will forever be the guy who stole the Sonics. That wouldn't be something he'd be able to shake by bringing them back. I imagine Chargers fans in San Diego would feel the same way.