• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 5: Seahawks @ Rams

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants are really struggling... I heard they just lost Beckham for the season ... Bottom line though, were on-top of the division so we have to just focus on what we can do to get better...

Very true. It might be different in a couple of weeks but the Giants could be without their top 3 WR's.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our D held the #1 O to 10 points in their house.
The O did just enough to win. A perfect Pete Carroll game.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our D held the #1 O to 10 points in their house.
The O did just enough to win. A perfect Pete Carroll game.

a Perfect Pete Carroll game would be 28-0 200 yards rushing with 2TD's and 200 yards passing and 2TD's. lol

As far as holding the Rams to 10 points i will hold out on judging the D to much as i am not sold on the rams yet. They have played some pretty bad teams but they did get a good win over the Cowboys in Dallas.

Panther, Eagles and the Packers all sitting at 4-1 meaning if the season ended today Seattle is the #4 seed. The Time to get into the top 2 starts now! Also the loss to the Titans is looking more and more ugly. Titans give up the 2nd most points against per game in the NFL!

Last edited:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, how exactly were those 'blown coverages?' at the end? Those weren't problems with the playcalling, they were just guys making plays. Give Goff some credit.

Kam doesn't mistime that jump, he tips that ball away that got them in scoring position. Kupp made a hell of a head-fake, and if he would've made that catch it would have been a fucking GREAT catch, the ball was on him so quick. But it's not like Kupp was running free or anything.

--

Good grief refs, that OPI call on McEvoy just about made me lose my mind. Thankfully it didn't end up mattering.

1. 2nd best RB in the league, everyone talking about being suddenly all world, held to under 50 yards.
2. Won a division game on the road against a team who's been sky-high in their recent play AND their historic play against Seattle.
3. Tied for 1st in the division, 1st with tie breaker.
4. The legend of Earl Thomas (at least in Seattle) grows. That's two 'never give up,' that's how you play football plays that saved games now for Earl.
5. Frank Clark is becoming a BAAAD man.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In critique, more pressure on the opposing QB and we must improve the run game. We still suck at running the ball.

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson, can we say the trade brought us a WIN today?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly guys, I have serious doubts that the Giants can score more than a FG against the Hawks. The Giants O is one of the worst I've seen in a long time. Their line is even worse than ours. Bennett, Clark and co. will have a field day. Eli is a sitting duck back there and OBJ is done for the year. Dallas held them to 3 points without Beckham and Dallas' D isn't very good.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson, can we say the trade brought us a WIN today?

I see what you're saying but he was definitely in the right place at the right time on both of those plays... I'd prefer that we get excited about the trade with him putting pressure on the QB... All in all though, I don't have any complaints about him... I'm very happy to have him on our team...

rightstuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you're saying but he was definitely in the right place at the right time on both of those plays... I'd prefer that we get excited about the trade with him putting pressure on the QB... All in all though, I don't have any complaints about him... I'm very happy to have him on our team...

I agree Sir.
The D has been EXTREMELY solid, even though it (The D) seems weak and vulnerable at time, but gosh, 10 points.

Today, we got some breaks.
Earls miracle play on Gurley, great play, but still a break. ET does it AGAIN. HOF Player.
First punt fumbled, not recovered, another punt fumbled, RECOVERED. Finally. Break.
Giving up 3 and 10+ multiple times, then GZ missing the FG, BREAK.
Tipped pass that falls right into SR hands, and he catches it. BREAK
Great pass by Goff, and Kupp can't handle it, Break.

We usually don't get THIS many breaks.

GREAT ROAD WIN. 3-2 and First Place.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams defensive line gives even the best offensive lines fits, so you had to know going in that our offensive line was going to have issues. With the bye week coming up, there are definitely some things for the offense to work on and it starts with the offensive line and the running backs.

Coming out of the bye, the Hawks have a chance to set the tone for the rest of their season one way or the other. They couldn't have asked for a better opponent for a tone-setting game than a reeling Giants team, but they have to take advantage of it and set the right tone. The offensive line has to show the coaching staff something during the bye and so do the running backs. They can't continue to have a running game that only occasionally shows up. It puts too much pressure on the passing game and on the defense. It would be preferable to have one running back establish himself as the dependable, go-to guy as opposed to giving everyone brief looks in-game hoping for a hot hand.

They are loaded with talented running backs, but none of them can be particularly effective if they're only getting a few carries here and there behind an offensive line that has a hard enough time opening holes for one guy, let alone three or four guys with three or four running styles/sets of strengths and weaknesses. I don't care if it's Rawls, Lacy (who I could have sworn was called "Lazy" by the play-by-play guy today in one of many Freudian slips and brain farts), McKissic or Prosise, but somebody has to step up.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady HendersonESPN
Seahawks DT Sheldon Richardson was asked what it was like for the defense to have to keep going back out onto the field. "Bruh, I came from the Jets," he said. "I'm used to that.":lol:

Not only is that funny it's a total burn on the Offense HAHAHA

rightstuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheldon R was in front row at M's game with Britt, He walked back up my/our aisle and I suggested a handshake.

He accepted and I said "Welcome to Seattle" He said "Thank you Pal"

Today he "Repaid" his Thank You to ME.
NOW, he owed me nothing, but in my mind, Seahawks Won this GAME because of SheldonR.

ThANK You Sir.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally able to watch the game but man they really had like no one there it looks less than 5,000 no team in La is going to have home field advantage damn

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally able to watch the game but man they really had like no one there it looks less than 5,000 no team in La is going to have home field advantage damn

Yes it's pretty empty and the fans have been stung by the Rams before with 3-1 starts so they will not commit. Had they won today and made it to say through game 10 with a 8-2 or 9-1 record then people would start showing up.

I spend a lot of time in LA every year and most football fans down in that area are Cowboy fans. When staying at my Grandmothers before she passed away i always knew when the Cowboys were playing because you could hear almost EVERY NEIGHBOR AROUND HER cheering or bitching. I still remember the Romo FG fumble just from the screams outside haha still sweet. LOVE going down there when the Hawks play the Boys and Yelling TD SEAHAWKS! outside haha. i always get like 5 or 6 F-U remarks.

I dont get their fav comeback either " America's team mother f-er" They are the SELF APPOINTED America's team. If they did a vote on it right now i think the Packers would snag that Nickname up in a heart beat. Thats a real America's team owned by the Fans.

Last edited: