• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 5: Seahawks @ Rams

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we know our offense is still garbage, and our defense is still pretty good.

Yep, I"m not hapy
Yeah Kris Richard is making this great defense into a 50/50 defense. Great 50% of the time totally lost 50% of the time lol.

Couldn't agree more... He's got the key's to a Lamborghini and he's bashing it up against curbs...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck of a game. Seahawks are now in the drivers seat for the division. Bye week next week so two weeks until the next cry, err game thread.:nod:
Now I need to come up with a avatar for our Ram friend.
You were right with your optimism for once my friend. :thumb:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m happy we won, but we have lot's of stuff to clean up if were gonna be real contenders... I thought overall our defense did a great job stiffling Gurley upfront, that was big ... I"m just numb on how close that was to a loss with the blown man coverage in the end zone.... I mean dam ...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m happy we won, but we have lot's of stuff to clean up if were gonna be real contenders... I thought overall our defense did a great job stiffling Gurley upfront, that was big ... I"m just numb on how close that was to a loss with the blown man coverage in the end zone.... I mean dam ...

Defense gave up 375 yards but they were stout in the redzone. Would much rather them be stout through out!

Now the Hawks get a week off then play on the road after their bye week against the 0-5 Giants.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he was wrong but almost not and posting something like this AFTER THE FACT is kind of a douche move don't you think?

He was SO CLOSE to being right with the ball bouncing off Kupp's (the WR I WANTED TO DRAFT!) hands!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense gave up 375 yards but they were stout in the redzone. Would much rather them be stout through out!

Now the Hawks get a week off then play on the road after their bye week against the 0-5 Giants.

Giants are really struggling... I heard they just lost Beckham for the season ... Bottom line though, were on-top of the division so we have to just focus on what we can do to get better...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants are really struggling... I heard they just lost Beckham for the season ... Bottom line though, were on-top of the division so we have to just focus on what we can do to get better...

Yes he broke his ankle.

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late to the show today, but that was a very reassuring game, entertaining as hell also. Earl, and his never give up(Weird, Galaxy Quest just came to mind) attitude won this game. It's kinda weird again, but after that play I really had a calm about this game, which I hardly ever have. But the D, after the 1st quarter and some other spectacular plays by Richardson, Reed and possibly are next super stud, Frank Clark gave me a vibe we'd pull out a game against a tough division rival. Our effort on D made Goff look like a 2nd year QB, but he also showed me he has fellow Cal alum Rodgers moxie.
Glad to say, the early season mantra of the demise of the Seahawk D has been diminished from this weeks performance. And Finally! A Red Zone Jump Ball from Russ to Graham! Feeling better about Seahawks today!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to say, the early season mantra of the demise of the Seahawk D has been diminished from this weeks performance.

They didn't allow the Rams into the endzone once they got in the redzone 0-4 but they sure as heck gave up to many yards with almost 300 Passing and 100 rushing. They were kind of shakey about 50% of the time out there. The D really needs to figure it out a little more. Maybe getting Lane/Avril back will get things fixed. I would think we get them both for the Giant's game in two weeks.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was wrong but almost not and posting something like this AFTER THE FACT is kind of a douche move don't you think?

He was SO CLOSE to being right with the ball bouncing off Kupp's (the WR I WANTED TO DRAFT!) hands!

Not really cuz all he posts is negativity with every one of his posts... Gets very old... You'd think we hadn't won a game the past 6 seasons w/ all his posts...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really cuz all he posts is negativity with every one of his posts... Gets very old...

to be fair i thought for SURE we would lose 17-16 lol Why you ask? the line was 2 and they would have won by 1 giving the House a LOT of money lol. to many times i have seen weird things happen to make a team not cover in a win lol

When they kicked the FG to go up 16-10 i was like uh-oh! lmao

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys, I agree that the team still needs to work some stuff out and be better but let's face it, did we really expect this game not to be ugly? The Rams games have always been ugly and the team came out with the W and the lead in the div. I think we have to be happy to some degree when the D holds the #1 offense in the league at a 35.5 pt/gm clip to 10 pts today. Also shutting down Gurley is a bigtime plus.
Now we get a week off to rest the D and get to play a Giants team that might have an even worse O-line than ours and no running game whatsoever and now, no WR threats with a QB that looks like he is already enjoying retirement with his brother. All in all, I think we should feel a little better going forward.A lot of football left but winning @ the Rams is huge in the division.
Can't count on winning these kinds of games all the time but a win is a win in this case.

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win. I could complain about the offense but i'm to happy right now.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair i thought for SURE we would lose 17-16 lol Why you ask? the line was 2 and they would have won by 1 giving the House a LOT of money lol. to many times i have seen weird things happen to make a team not cover in a win lol

When they kicked the FG to go up 16-10 i was like uh-oh! lmao

I was more concerned with the way our DL was playing... They only had 3 QB hits on Goff all game... The stats say 4 but one of them was when Goff tripped and Bennett got credit for the sack by touching him first... Rams had 11 QB hits... We're lucky RW made it through that game w/ some of the hits he took...

Wagner and our DB's played great that 2nd half, especially Thomas... We're fortunate for two reasons, Gurley's fumble leading to a touchback and Kupp's drop in the EZ to end that game... What I know though is that we haven't had much success against the Rams and with the Rams much more improved as a team, we went in to LA and beat them, which almost everyone thought wasn't going to happen... That's what good teams do and we just won a game the Seahawk way... We tend to keep them close relying on winning the +/- in the TO margin...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck I wasn’t sure we would win this going into the week. That Rams Dline has always wrecked our OL and on the road, it’s even more difficult. I sure would of liked more points scored against that secondary though. However I’m very happy that the Seahawks come away with a win against a team that has been giving them fits for a while. This year we sweep them.:nod: