• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 5: Lions at Patriots

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I also wouldn't be mad if behind the scenes or something he had somebody else to make the calls on when to take timeouts and when to punt etc. That's not his strong point. But his assistant head coach doesn't seem like he's strong in the mental department either where they could shove those things onto Duce. Maybe Ben could take on that role and get groomed for a H/C role in the future.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mistake. Only 1 TD for NE's offense. The other one was a Goff fumble-6.
I made the comment that I thought he was good enough. I think I am probably wrong. He has given up 3 tds in 5 games. The defense sucks enough on its own. They dont need him adding to the problem.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called that when he made the biting kneecaps comment. But I also said either his players would buy into it and it would work, or they'd see him as a complete joke and he'd fall on his face. So far the players are still buying in. If he loses the team, then he's gotta go, but until then he's the coach and his seat isn't even warm for me.
Bite Knee caps LOL. Nobody on the defense gets low enough or in front of anyone in order to bite knee caps. Arm tackles all over the place. These guys dont have basic fundamentals.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the brightside, with how the Rams are playing we might be looking at 2 top 10 picks!
That O-line sucks. Staff wont make it into the second half of the season.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they hadnt rolled out an injured ARSB. He could not separate at all. Not that Goff got many balls near any WR. Goff may be the least mobile QB in the league.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was painful. Quit watching halfway through the third. There was plenty of blame to go around, but I didn’t see the defense as the problem. I don’t even know who they rolled out at DB, they had five guys go out from injury. I’m not saying they were great but the offense has to do something… he’ll, anything! Campbell seems to be terrified of field goals, going for it on 4th and 9? WTF? I get they wanted to chew up the clock as much as possible to spare the D, but when You are down double digits, you need to fucking score.

I wasn’t expecting it but was hoping Camp elk would work out. I can’t see it happening at this point, he just can’t coach at this level.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't think there was a worse coach out there than Patricia but Campbell is making his case for it. Early October and the season is already over once again, not looking good for Campbell. His decision making gets worse and worse every game. Wanted to believe in him but realizing he's more of a hype-man then a coach. Don't think he gets canned this year but could definitely see him not making it through next year.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atleast we're still in the Will Anderson sweepstakes.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dan Campbells ability to motivate is still fantastic, the fact that nobody is improving, but the players still support him so much is a testament to that. He is just pure garbage at the X's and O's, and over the last year and a half he has not improved at all. I think he has extreme value still, but on a team that is well coached elsewhere, which we absolutely are not.

Lions defense lacks talent to be competitive, I don't care if we had the greatest D-coordinator in history, but we should at least be seeing some improvement somewhere if we had coaching, and there is nothing.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rewatch3d the first half of the game. Couldn't bring myself to stay up and watch the second half. They went for it on 4th down twice, first time 4th and 1/2 a yard or less from their own 46. (Should have been a first if Goff had stretched out the ball as he was going out of bounds, but he has zero situational awareness). Personally I punt from my side of the field, but with the #1 offense in the league, needing half a yard, and essentially at midfield I think this decision to go for it is in my opinion acceptably aggressive. I hated the playcall, either go QB sneak, full power running, or pile insude and pitch around the edge. The stupid FB dive was like psuedo trick play, but with no upside.

Only other time in the first half they went for it on 4th was at like the 33 yard line, 4th and 9. But we don't have a FG kicker who could even reasonably hit from 51 yards, Campbell knows that better than us, since they tried out several this week to find anything. Nobody goes for it on 4th and 9 expecting to convert, that was desperation. Not like you gain anything by punting from the opposing 30 yard line. I'm sure if Campbell knew Goff was gonna run backwards and then fumble for a TD he would have instead let some nobody miss the FG. And maybe they would have kicked a 44 yard FG if Reynolds hadn't lost 7 yards on 3rd down.

This game had guys from the street or practice squad starting in the secondary, and then getting injured and putting the back-up of practice squad players into the game. And we still held them below our season average points scored. The whole team was gathered around and looked shaken as a teammate (they thought) might have broken his neck. We would have still lost this game if New England had punted on 1st down every time they got the ball. Just our offense vs their defense and they still scored more points than us. And that's when you guys are complaining about decision making? I get people are upset, but find another hill to die on.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we're without Charles Harris too.

The injuries to the D-Line get worse by the week or day.

I guess this is the time for Austin Bryant and Julian Okwara to prove worthy of being on the roster.

Julian only got 4 snaps yesterday. Deservedly. He was bad last week. He's been given chances and has produced very little.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF GRADES

Top 5 Grades
Mike Hughes 87.3
Anzalone 80.9
Hutch 80.1
Craig Reynolds 77.8
Jamaal Williams 77.6

Worst 5 Grades
Bobby Price 29.6
Demetrius Taylor 29.6
Brockers 30.2
Okudah 31.2
Chase Lucas 31.6

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF GRADES

Top 5 Grades
Mike Hughes 87.3
Anzalone 80.9
Hutch 80.1
Craig Reynolds 77.8
Jamaal Williams 77.6

Worst 5 Grades
Bobby Price 29.6
Demetrius Taylor 29.6
Brockers 30.2
Okudah 31.2
Chase Lucas 31.6
Anzalone was late on every play. 80.9 my ass. Hughes was the big surprise after having a pretty bad game last week. How does Elliot not make the list. He was freiken everywhere. Probably had half the total team tackles.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This loss is on the Offense. Obviously.

Yes, but it's more towards our O-line not holding up. Goff, like most QB's and even Stafford, need a clean pocket to work from. If you want more proof, then take your eyes and look straight towards what Brian Dabol has done with Daniel Jones this year - he has a cleaner pocket more often than not to work from - it's not going to happen every game as there will be a handful of games, like this one, that every NFL QB has to endure.

Our O-line was completely overmatched yesterday and even CJ Stroud or Bryce Young would've struggled - and so would Tom Brady,

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UPDATE #5: Even more good news regarding Smith. According to NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero, Smith has no neck issues and is currently in concussion protocol. Let’s hope for a speedy recovery!

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anzalone was late on every play. 80.9 my ass. Hughes was the big surprise after having a pretty bad game last week. How does Elliot not make the list. He was freiken everywhere. Probably had half the total team tackles.

That's a little bit overexaggerated regarding Anzalone being late every play. he has a handful of plays every game and you know that's commonplace with the majority of NFL LB - even the so-called great ones - you just don't watch the others as much. I also become frustrated with him, but for the most part he is assignment sound - just late or out of position 6-10 times every damn game