• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #3 New England Patriots vs New York Jets Sunday 9/24/2023 1:00 PM EST CBS

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love 1:00 games

That is all.

I like 10 AM games. But I also like 1 o’clock games. And I like those 5:15 PM games too.

Yup wake up Sunday morning, shit, shower, shave, feed the cats, make some coffee, read a book for about 45 minutes.

Then punch the clock, and get ready for a full day of football.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure there is a PI call there?

I don't think there was either, unless it's Hill, Jefferson or Diggs as BK said.
Even then it's a cheesy call.
It's PI. The defender isn't looking for the ball and all contact is exclusively by the D. But, it's a tight window and I can see why it wasn't called. I list it as a "win some lose some" call and not a hose job.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's PI. The defender isn't looking for the ball and all contact is exclusively by the D. But, it's a tight window and I can see why it wasn't called. I list it as a "win some lose some" call and not a hose job.
Well I don't agree, I see that all the time and it does not get called. So if they missed here they miss it about 600 times a week

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting has absolutely nothing to do with the cap.
1+1 magic GIF by TRULY SOCIAL

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting has absolutely nothing to do with the cap.
There are two ways to improve.
1) Hire proven talent via free agency in which you pay more for that proven commodity.
2) Draft semi unproven talent for a much lower initial cost but may be with the team much longer if they prove themselves.

It's a risk and if done correctly can bring in Lombardi trophies again and again.
Bill has done this.

Again and again.

Even though the QB who shan't be mentioned gets all the credit for drafting, recruiting defensive schemes etc...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Hire proven talent via free agency in which you pay more for that proven commodity.
2) Draft semi unproven talent for a much lower initial cost but may be with the team much longer if they prove themselves.

It's a risk and if done correctly can bring in Lombardi trophies again and again.
Bill has done this.

Again and again.

Even though the QB who shan't be mentioned gets all the credit for drafting, recruiting defensive schemes etc..
Exactly matter of fact it's both. You have to have a smattering of Vets and Youth.

And how the hell can the draft not affect the cap space? Let's take Gonzalez, is he not getting paid at this time? If he proves to be our next Ty Law will he not get paid in 4 or five years? You don't draft to cut players/

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. I should have used a different QB as an example as it's obvious a few of you can't have a decent conversation that includes Brady without getting pissy.

Back to my original point. IMO, if Mahomes, Hurts, Burrow, Tagovailoa, Purdy, and a few others were our QB we'd be 2 - 0 instead of 0 - 2. Yes, Mac has played decent but as we all repeatedly said last season he doesn't have the killer competitive instinct and that trickles down to the rest of the team.
We can't afford that many QB's :D

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like 10 AM games. But I also like 1 o’clock games. And I like those 5:15 PM games too.

Yup wake up Sunday morning, shit, shower, shave, feed the cats, make some coffee, read a book for about 45 minutes.

Then punch the clock, and get ready for a full day of football.
I drove down a country road this afternoon when I encountered a sign, "watch out for cats"

You should have seenn my evil smile......

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't agree, I see that all the time and it does not get called. So if they missed here they miss it about 600 times a week
True, and it wasn't PI because it wasn't called and that can be said for every obvious missed call (though this one isn't obvious). I just think it meets the characteristics. He checked Parker before the ball got there and he hadn't begun playing the ball. We also have benefit of seeing it slowed down and the refs don't.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bill has done this.

Again and again.

Even though the QB who shan't be mentioned gets all the credit for drafting, recruiting defensive schemes etc...
I'd add you can also improve with coaching. Billy O is an upgrade over last seasons fiasco.

Klemm not so sure yes.

Part of this rebuild. If it is a rebuild saw us lose guys like Scar and Ernie. IMHO they played a huge part.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd add you can also improve with coaching. Billy O is an upgrade over last seasons fiasco.

Klemm not so sure yes.

Part of this rebuild. If it is a rebuild saw us lose guys like Scar and Ernie. IMHO they played a huge part.
Klemm is working miracles with this O-line, all things considered......