• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FSU investigating the Winston r*pe charge

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even if i had responded within 10 seconds, it wouldn't have been good enough.

i lived on memory lane before moving to mill springs estates (south of the cahaba river, walking distance to spain park).

i'm just letting you know the guy is a turd.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"As for raping someone... Case closed. It didn't happen. Get over it."

Just because there wasn't a conviction, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Cam's dad admitted to asking for money, which should have voided Cam's eligibility, but it's the SEC so it doesn't count. I guess you believe OJ din't kill his wife or Casey Anthony didn't kill her baby.

Sadly, our justice system has become too much of a "how much justice can you afford?" system.

Winston has been accused of r*pe, assault (should we even mention color, probably not), and theft on two separate incidents. And like the poster on the previous page mentioned, a lot of whispers that other things have happened.

We all know the truth, if it's some poor kid from the projects who ended up on a university campus and did this, they get a speedy trial with a public defender who may not even show up for the pretrial, and a nice stiff sentence when convicted. At the very least they would have long since been expelled from school.

If it's a star athlete (or other famous type) doing the identical deed, some wealthy donor makes sure that they get the best representation money can buy. At worst, they'll get a weekend in the county jail, probation, and maybe, an appearance on celebrity rehab.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even if i had responded within 10 seconds, it wouldn't have been good enough.

i lived on memory lane before moving to mill springs estates (south of the cahaba river, walking distance to spain park).

i'm just letting you know the guy is a turd.

According to your friend right? That is heresay and there are hundreds who actually knew him that view him the opposite. It is all about personal opinions. I cannot say whether he is a turd or not because I have never met him.

I am a firm believer that you can tell a lot by a person when you shake their hand and look directly in their eyes. Have yet to do that so I yield judgement. Now I have done that with Bobby Bowden, Chris Rix, and some other "famous people". Some were turds after that hand shake and some reinforced what I thought previously.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, our justice system has become too much of a "how much justice can you afford?" system.

Winston has been accused of r*pe, assault (should we even mention color, probably not), and theft on two separate incidents. And like the poster on the previous page mentioned, a lot of whispers that other things have happened.

We all know the truth, if it's some poor kid from the projects who ended up on a university campus and did this, they get a speedy trial with a public defender who may not even show up for the pretrial, and a nice stiff sentence when convicted. At the very least they would have long since been expelled from school.

If it's a star athlete (or other famous type) doing the identical deed, some wealthy donor makes sure that they get the best representation money can buy. At worst, they'll get a weekend in the county jail, probation, and maybe, an appearance on celebrity rehab.

The bold is a new one. What other whispers are you speaking of? THe BB Gun thing? Hunting squirrels on campus with a bb gun?

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to your friend right? That is heresay and there are hundreds who actually knew him that view him the opposite. It is all about personal opinions. I cannot say whether he is a turd or not because I have never met him.

I am a firm believer that you can tell a lot by a person when you shake their hand and look directly in their eyes. Have yet to do that so I yield judgement. Now I have done that with Bobby Bowden, Chris Rix, and some other "famous people". Some were turds after that hand shake and some reinforced what I thought previously.

just because i wasn't best friends with the guy doesn't mean i didn't see him in the hallways and hear about him from people that i trust.

if it looks like a duck...

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is where i have a problem, we dont all KNOW THE TRUTH. We perceive what we think happened, but not one of us knows the truth.

I love all this talk of the justice system, yet its based on the innocent until proven guilty premise. In threads like this its presumed guilty based on rumor, innuendo, flawed premise and no facts. While it seems as if someone defending Winston is defending his character, that is a perception as well. No one defending him is defending his character, they are defending his right to be tried and convicted before he is actually guilty of something. Knowing the truth and perception of the truth are two different ends of the spectrum and i would hope that someone with your obvious intelligence could see that Smiles.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just because i wasn't best friends with the guy doesn't mean i didn't see him in the hallways and hear about him from people that i trust.

if it looks like a duck...

But without the interactions yourself you are only taking the word of the people you know. And let's remember it was high school. Lot's and lot's of made up drama, feelings, and beliefs due to hormones running amuck.

Again I do not know if he is a turd or not. Until I personally meet him, shake his hand, and look him square in the eyes I reserve judgement as a person.

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But without the interactions yourself you are only taking the word of the people you know. And let's remember it was high school. Lot's and lot's of made up drama, feelings, and beliefs due to hormones running amuck.

Again I do not know if he is a turd or not. Until I personally meet him, shake his hand, and look him square in the eyes I reserve judgement as a person.

fair enough. but in jameis's case, it just seems like a pattern that is hard to ignore.

because of how i saw him treat women in high school, it just makes the accuser's story easier to believe. doesn't make it true, but for me, it makes it easier to believe.

if nick marshall was accused of shoplifiting next week, i wouldn't doubt the veracity at all.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair enough. but in jameis's case, it just seems like a pattern that is hard to ignore.

because of how i saw him treat women in high school, it just makes the accuser's story easier to believe. doesn't make it true, but for me, it makes it easier to believe.

if nick marshall was accused of shoplifiting next week, i wouldn't doubt the veracity at all.

Wait. You stated you went to school with him for two years, did not know him, saw him in the hall, and are taking your friend's word. Now you say you saw him treat people a certain way? That's all well and good, but just a little suspicious to me.

Comparing petty theft to a sexual assault allegation is apples and oranges. If Winston was cited for smoking dope I would not think a thing about it because he probably does...College kids being college kids and all. Is it stupid? Yes considering you can be suspended and eventually dismissed, but it would not be a shock. The thing I do not do is state that someone is guilty until the evidence is in.

My wife and I had a huge argument about this over the Casey Anthony trial. She being a mother instantly said she did it. I told her do not be suprised if she walks. Wife was like no way in hell. Guess what happened.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you like to see. My family members tattoos from Auschwitz? How about my uncle's service record? Would those suffice for you? Probably not. Hence why I said what I said.

Well, hence why I said what I said.

You have no proof.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where i have a problem, we dont all KNOW THE TRUTH. We perceive what we think happened, but not one of us knows the truth.

I love all this talk of the justice system, yet its based on the innocent until proven guilty premise. In threads like this its presumed guilty based on rumor, innuendo, flawed premise and no facts. While it seems as if someone defending Winston is defending his character, that is a perception as well. No one defending him is defending his character, they are defending his right to be tried and convicted before he is actually guilty of something. Knowing the truth and perception of the truth are two different ends of the spectrum and i would hope that someone with your obvious intelligence could see that Smiles.

Sit down, Bandwagon, we might actually agree on this one. In a perfect world, this ought to happen in every criminal proceeding. It doesn't, however, and if you can't see that, well, it must be quite the judicial paradise down in your neck of the woods.

I'll repeat my point, since our many interactions have demonstrated that we often don't listen to one another. Jameis Winston is getting all of those benefits. Had any other person been accused of the exact same thing, they more than likely wouldn't be getting this. I'm just a dumb Idaho boy, but I've seen a lot of poor people go to prison and a lot of privileged ones do pretty much the same thing and receive no punishment whatsoever. This privileged one got the Heisman. I mean just listen to the FSU fan who is protesting loudly. It proves my point, we all say that we want a fair trial for everyone, but boy, are we sure passionate when the accused is the star player of our favorite team. I wonder how our friend would react if this was Johnny Football, or some other star from a team he hated? Or if it was his sister who was the alleged victim? Funny, justice takes such wonderful turns depending on who is getting it.

Last edited by a moderator:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sit down, Bandwagon, we might actually agree on this one. In a perfect world, this ought to happen in every criminal proceeding. It doesn't, however, and if you can't see that, well, it must be quite the judicial paradise down in your neck of the woods.

I'll repeat my point, since our many interactions have demonstrated that we often don't listen to one another. Jameis Winston is getting all of those benefits. Had any other person been accused of the exact same thing, they more than likely wouldn't be getting this. I'm just a dumb Idaho boy, but I've seen a lot of poor people go to prison and a lot of privileged ones do pretty much the same thing and receive no punishment whatsoever. This privileged one got the Heisman. I mean just listen to the FSU fan who is protesting loudly. It proves my point, we all say that we want a fair trial for everyone, but boy, are we sure passionate when the accused is the star player of our favorite team. I wonder how our friend would react if this was Johnny Football, or some other star from a team he hated? Or if it was his sister who was the alleged victim? Funny, justice takes such wonderful turns depending on who is getting it.

I think you need to understnad what I am protesting. I am protesting people rushing to judgement without the facts. That is it. And to the sister thing. Wrong call bud. It was actually my wife.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, I am not talking about my opinion of him alone. Or any single person's opinion of him.

I am talking about a large group of people's opinon and yes that could be and probably will be a GM that thinks negatively of all the dumb shit he has done.

Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

Can you read? I never said they would take my opinion. I said many will have a negative opinion of him all on their own.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people's opinions matter, Vick never would have been the QB in Philly.

If you can play, the NFL will overlook anything, including beating your wife or killing someone.

I didn't say it would matter unequivocally. I just it will to some.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And i agree we dont often agree:lol::suds:

This appears to be the one unicorn though.

My point was that its not a known thing about the truth, so much as perception. Many perceive this kid is guilty even though not one has seen proof that he is actually guilty. much the same as the Duke Lacrosse players were thought to be guilty and hung out to dry most of the time, until the woman recanted her story. If money made its way to her through back channels to get her to recant or not is not known and from all appearances she doesnt have a better life now, so most likely not. My guess is this situation is very similar, but at any rate i am not going to rush to judgement of a young man i do not know. Does he have advantages that he would not normally have? Yes he does. Would he even be in this situation if his star power was not what it is? Cannot say for sure.

What we do know at this point is that a DA chose not to make a case out of it due to what was termed lack of enough evidence. And thats enough for me at this point to say that he is not guilty until proven so. The rest of his character is left to those who know him best and not for me to lay claim to him being something i certainly dont know him to be.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can guarantee you that if he lights up the NCAA again this year like he did last year and is electrifying the fans and audiences, wins the title again in the new playoff format that he will get plenty of attention come draft time no matter what was written or thought of him during his college days.

The NFL is a business and they look at profit margins. You bring in a player like Winston(based on scenario above) and he will put butts in the seats and give you an obvious chance to win games. I can cite an example of a team who took a chance on a young man who had controversy surrounding him when they took him. His upside was huge due to raw talent, but his downside was the controversy. His passing skills were mediocre, his size, athleticism and running ability were outstanding. The obvious controversy mattered not to the team or the fans, they wanted a player who could electrify the fans.

Fact is that no concrete proof as of yet has hit the streets on Winston's action in that alleged r*pe and until it does its all just an allegation with rumor and gossip, kinda like the Duke Lacrosse situation.

Other than they found his semen and her word.

For some reason I find a middle class female's word more valid then some thief who has been in trouble before.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than they found his semen and her word.

For some reason I find a middle class female's word more valid then some thief who has been in trouble before.

Finding semen in a womans underwear is not uncommon if they have had sex.

Her word depends on her character and that has not been established yet.

Again, you are basing it all on circumstantial evidence and in the process showing a bit of racial bias based on his color and his background that you think you know something about.

Apparently the DA that saw the FACTS didnt think it was worthy of a case and they usually know these things since its their job to do so.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the DA that saw the FACTS didnt think it was worthy of a case and they usually know these things since its their job to do so.

How convenient is that?

They never found semen in the Duke lacrosse case yet it went to trial.

I mean its as if they need a video recording of it actually taking place before taking it to trial.

I am not always quick to pass judgement on athletes for situations like this but taking everything into consideration my opinion is formed and there isn't anything you can say to change it.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How convenient is that?

They never found semen in the Duke lacrosse case yet it went to trial.

I mean its as if they need a video recording of it actually taking place before taking it to trial.

I am not always quick to pass judgement on athletes for situations like this but taking everything into consideration my opinion is formed and there isn't anything you can say to change it.

Dont want to change it, cant you see that?

I am arguing the merits of things you post and nothing more. My opinion is that i dont have enough proof to make an informed opinion on it, so i am waiting until they take him to court(if they do) or something else comes out that he might have done and gets busted for. Until then, he is a dumb college kid that has made some mistakes and not had to pay a price for his actions yet.