• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FSU about to be PRIMETIME?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my GOD that would be hysterical. Yes, please make this happen

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damnit I :badmin:'d myself

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People laugh but hed get phenomenal recruits just on name. Get him some great assistants and hope hes smart enough to stay out of the actual coaching and it could work at least short term. Actually happens frequently in CBB and typically pays out monster in recruiting

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People laugh but hed get phenomenal recruits just on name. Get him some great assistants and hope hes smart enough to stay out of the actual coaching and it could work at least short term. Actually happens frequently in CBB and typically pays out monster in recruiting
FSU already has plenty of talent, they just don’t know how to use it

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU already has plenty of talent, they just don’t know how to use it
Maybe but theyd great far more with Deions name. Ultimately it would cost a shit load though because youd need the best assistants in the country but its still a better hire than most guys who would want that job now. 5 years of dimpster fire doesnt inspire much confidence

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson's going to win the ACC from now until the end of time

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They must been turned down by a lot of their top choices already if names like this are starting to be floated out there.

Goes to show you should already have an agreement with a replacement in place if your going to fire your current coach mid season.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They must been turned down by a lot of their top choices already if names like this are starting to be floated out there.

Goes to show you should already have an agreement with a replacement in place if your going to fire your current coach mid season.

Yeah, it was mind-numbingly stupid, but FSU is mostly run by boosters who don't know what they're doing. I just can't understand their logic. They fire one of the All-Time Greats and hire one of the 3-4 most toxic coaches in football (gotta think Freeze and Petrino are still worse). This toxic coach destroys their program and leaves mid-season. They task a guy to rebuild the program with his guys and fix the horrible culture at the school (you know, undisciplined play and letting guys get away with likely r*pe and all that). However, the coach hasn't fixed the program in a year and a half and they fire him? Just stupid.

Dabo had a great take on this, while trying to be diplomatic. He commented that he was 13-8 his first two seasons and that it takes a long time to build a culture if you're doing it right. He was 6-7 his third season. But the athletic director trusted him and didn't let Boosters convince him otherwise. He won the ACC his fourth season, the first time Clemson had done that since 1991.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it was mind-numbingly stupid, but FSU is mostly run by boosters who don't know what they're doing. I just can't understand their logic. They fire one of the All-Time Greats and hire one of the 3-4 most toxic coaches in football (gotta think Freeze and Petrino are still worse). This toxic coach destroys their program and leaves mid-season. They task a guy to rebuild the program with his guys and fix the horrible culture at the school (you know, undisciplined play and letting guys get away with likely r*pe and all that). However, the coach hasn't fixed the program in a year and a half and they fire him? Just stupid.

Dabo had a great take on this, while trying to be diplomatic. He commented that he was 13-8 his first two seasons and that it takes a long time to build a culture if you're doing it right. He was 6-7 his third season. But the athletic director trusted him and didn't let Boosters convince him otherwise. He won the ACC his fourth season, the first time Clemson had done that since 1991.
Taggart was great for Auburn. When Jimbo was coach we went head to head with FSU on recruits, many times more than we did with Bama, and it was pretty much 50/50.

The last year and half we really haven’t had an issue with FSU being in on our recruits. I really liked Taggart.

I wish Georgia would hire him.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alabama tried that with Avery Johnson. I wouldn’t recommend it.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a great hire. Look at what he did coaching..........

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't need another reason to loathe FreeShoesU...but I'll take it.

They could only have topped it with Droopy coming back to coach.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's their AD?

What a dumpster fire.

Chris Klieman or Matt Rhule would be on my list if i was looking to start over. Maybe I'm just biased but those guys are making waves.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU's problem isnt talent