• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Friday Night Lights in Lincoln?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it replaces an 11am Sat game then that's no big deal once every 3 yrs, but every team in the conf should have to do it. If you have earlier official visits approved, unlikely, by the NCAA it wouldn't be an issue for recruiting. I can't imagine having 2 home games in one season being eliminated for recruits because they play on fri night

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about 0830 games in London?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Michigan isn't doing it, Ohio State won't do it.

If those two don't do it, then Nebraska shouldn't do it.

Otherwise the B1G is showing preference to schools. Been there, done that.

I say Rutgers and Maryland are prime targets for Friday Nights. Throw in Purdue, Indiana, and Illinois. But then this is making a two tier system in the B1G. The teams that play on Friday Nights, and the teams that don't.

I am only a fan of this if EVERY team HAS to do it. That means Michigan has to toe the Conference Party line.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some teams might want to do it and some might not. From the sound of it anyone can opt out. It's really not a big deal.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay what' with two threads? I don't have the energy to have a hissy fit in both of them.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big deal. Just don't want to be too much of a drama queen. Takes a lot of effort to keep this level going.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really don't see it as a big deal. first it's once every 3 years, so we are talking 1 game in every 36. Plus like said above, moving an 11am game to Friday doesn't impact recruiting that much as only in state recruits were making it to an 11am game anyway.

a lot of people throw out "Friday is for HS football". just shut up, you know nothing, the HS AD can move the game from Friday to Thursday or Saturday in the like the blink of an eye (my bro is a HS AD). Plus when do most HS seasons end? Nebraska HS is in playoffs right now, and that started Oct 28th, so take this season, if the Huskers wanted to play Maryland on Friday night (Nov 18th), that wouldn't impact anyone, heck then they could move the Class A Championship to Saturday Nov 19th instead of it being on Monday the 21st.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really don't see it as a big deal. first it's once every 3 years, so we are talking 1 game in every 36. Plus like said above, moving an 11am game to Friday doesn't impact recruiting that much as only in state recruits were making it to an 11am game anyway.

a lot of people throw out "Friday is for HS football". just shut up, you know nothing, the HS AD can move the game from Friday to Thursday or Saturday in the like the blink of an eye (my bro is a HS AD). Plus when do most HS seasons end? Nebraska HS is in playoffs right now, and that started Oct 28th, so take this season, if the Huskers wanted to play Maryland on Friday night (Nov 18th), that wouldn't impact anyone, heck then they could move the Class A Championship to Saturday Nov 19th instead of it being on Monday the 21st.

really? wow. I know Texas and PA playoffs start around the week before T'giving

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought the article stated the games would be mostly OC, I surmise the other teams vs would have to agree to playing on fri as well, so eliminate really any good out of conference match ups?

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i missed that it was OoC games.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't shut up and I do know something
First thing I know is why should every high school have to change their games to Thursday, which is normally when either jv or middle schools are playing? Because Delaney wants to play on a night that makes it harder for any fan with a job to get there.
Second he said a team could have two Friday night games a season so not sure where you got 1 game every 3 years.
Third next season there are going to be 6 Friday night games, 2 labor day weekend and then the rest in September or October, when high schools are playing football.
So before you tell some one to shut up...

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't shut up and I do know something
First thing I know is why should every high school have to change their games to Thursday, which is normally when either jv or middle schools are playing? Because Delaney wants to play on a night that makes it harder for any fan with a job to get there.
Second he said a team could have two Friday night games a season so not sure where you got 1 game every 3 years.
Third next season there are going to be 6 Friday night games, 2 labor day weekend and then the rest in September or October, when high schools are playing football.
So before you tell some one to shut up...
Who are you talking about?

If every team has the option to veto Maryland might be playing every fri night $

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you talking about?
Was responding to Tometom. He said those who were saying high school, "shut up, you don't know what you're talking about". Well I had just said it so the shoe fit. He also said it was once every three years and in November, which I see Rosenthals tweet now, but Delaney is quoted in the article that some teams could be twice, not sure now if that was a season or I just assumed that because he said six games in the 2017 season. And he is also quoted in the link that the games will be September and October.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also sounds like Rosenthal has some bad info. 6 of 18 televised games will be on Friday. Saying that is a far stretch from saying we are going from 6 to 18 by playing on Friday. Do the math. it would be from 12 to 18 if anything.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also sounds like Rosenthal has some bad info. 6 of 18 televised games will be on Friday. Saying that is a far stretch from saying we are going from 6 to 18 by playing on Friday. Do the math. it would be from 12 to 18 if anything.
I would assume Rosenthal has the correct info, since he now works in the Media Relations department at the AD.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay just re-read the article. it does say an increase of 18 games.
It does also quote Delaney as saying "no team will play on Friday more than twice wich is in contradiction and I assume Delaney knows what he is talking about too.

Either way I see no need to start shutting up now because I have a different opinion. Never have before, why do it now.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, sorry about the November thing, i missed the OoC thing.