• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: FORECAST FRIDAY! A Repeat Performance???

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be the first division matchup up of the season for both the Eagles and Commanders, with many similarities to last year as Washington is coming off a loss, the Eagles are undefeated and it is at a stadium where the Commanders beat the Eagles last season.

Could history repeat itself and could Washington hand Philadelphia its first loss of the season as they did a year ago?

This is the NFL and despite the Eagles being overwhelming favorites, anything can happen on any given Sunday.

1695969255694.png1695969418400.png

Nope, not this year! Through 3 games opponents have managed to control the strength of their defense (the front four) by attacking the edges, forcing the big boys to play sideline to sideline, tiring them out, then attacking them directly as the games moved into their later stages. Despite their obvious strengths up front Philadelphia will attack the Commander's defense in much the same way then running on them as they tire. There's one way for Washington to come out of this game victorious and through three games there are no indications that the Commanders have an answer to their obvious weakness. Despite their 2-1 start, prior to the season, I saw this team as winning just a handful of games and finishing with a top 5 pick. I'm sticking with that prediction.
SN: I'm keeping a close lookout at Howell's play and sack totals this week (I predicted that the over/under on his starts at 4-5 games) Should he struggle against the Eagles, as I believe that he will, Rivera will be reluctant to pull him but forced to in order to provide steadying veteran leadership with Brissett. In any case, confidence in Howell could take a major hit this week and if Rivera doesn't pull him against the Eagles, the hook will be quick next week when Chicago visits.

Here are the questions...

1. Who wins this game?

2. Final score?

3. Player(s) of the game?

4. Memorial moment, event, or play, that will have everyone talking on Sunday night and Monday mornings?

5. How will Philadelphia fans respond to the owner of the Commanders, 76ers, and Devils?

Last edited:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Who wins this game?

2. Final score?

3. Player(s) of the game?

4. Memorial moment, event, or play, that will have everyone talking on Sunday night and Monday mornings?

5. How will Philadelphia fans respond to the owner of the Commanders, 76ers, and Devils?

Nice write up Sty

1. Philly
2. 28-24
3. Philly D
4. Sack totals will be the talking point, win or lose
5. From what I’ve read, Josh is not well liked or respected as owner of those teams.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Philly
2. 30-14
3. Hurts
4. 6 more sacks creating 2 more TO's this week raising total to 25 in 4 weeks.
5. Philly fans dont care about Josh Harris.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be a kickoff to start the game.

I don't have anything else.

We have a good DLine and so does Philly. They have a better QB than Washington does and their offensive line is much better than ours.

Again I want to see more from Howell and EB.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
38- 20 eagles win , another learning experience for slinging Sammy

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27-20. Sammy cuts his turnovers in half but its not enough to bridge the talent gap.

Hurts.