• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Forecast Friday! Giants II

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New York Giants are…
“Already looking towards their future!”

The New York Giants have had a challenging 2023 season with a record of 2-8. They have been statistically one of the least competitive teams in the NFL with a point differential of -148. Head coach Brian Dabol has taken full responsibility for the team’s season-long problems.

Are they now in full “tank” mode and eyeing the first pick in the 2024 NFL draft?

NFC East divisional games are generally competitive and give no quarter affairs, but I have to note that a few seasons ago the Philadelphia Eagles inexplicably pulled key players, and lost a game against Washington while gaining a more favorable draft pick that was used to build them into a SB contending team.

The only blessing the Giants have going into this matchup is their historic stronghold over the Washington franchise in their biannual series. They lead the overall series 107–71-5 dating back to the 1932 season and have taken seven of the last ten meetings. Nothing would simultaneously please and displease them more than a continuance of this recent dominance. Such is the 2023 season for the boys in blue!

By any and all metrics this should be another lopsided loss against Washington: ( neither Jones nor Taylor are playing)

1700206812603.png

Washington Commanders are…
“Not good enough to compete. Not bad enough for a full-blown tank.”

The Washington Commanders are currently 4-6 and third in the NFC East division. They have seven games left in the regular season, three of which are against division rivals. Their remaining opponents are the New York Giants, Dallas Cowboys, Miami Dolphins, L. A Rams, New York Jets, San Francisco 49ers, and closing with the Dallas Cowboys.

Based on their current record and schedule, the Commanders have a low chance of making the playoffs. They have a 3.7% chance of winning the division and a 4.2% chance of reaching the postseason. They would need to win most of their remaining games and hope for other teams in the NFC to lose.

On the other hand, the Commanders are also in a position to tank for a higher draft pick, and outside of professional integrity I’m hard-pressed to come up with another reason why they shouldn’t at least consider it.

The Washington Commanders, like any other team in a similar situation, have a few options that require direct orders from their new management team:

1. Develop Young Talent: This is an opportunity to give younger, less experienced players more game time. This can help the team evaluate their potential and see who could be a key player in the future.

2. Focus on Weak Areas: The team can identify areas of weakness and work on them during the remaining games. This could be beneficial for the next season.

3. Strategize for the Draft: If the team is likely to get a high draft pick, they could start scouting college players and plan for the upcoming draft.

Remember, every challenge is an opportunity in disguise. Even if this season isn’t going as planned, the Commanders can use this as a chance to grow and improve for the future. By giving their young players more playing time and opportunities, the Commanders can see what they have and need to improve. They can also build chemistry and confidence for the next season. Moving on from some of their older players, they can free up cap space and acquire draft picks or young players in return. This way, they can maximize their resources and prepare for a better 2024 season.

In the meantime, there's still a game to be played on Sunday...

1700208302371.png

1. Who wins this game?

2. Final score?

3. Player(s) of the game?

4. Memorial moment, event, or play, that will have everyone talking on Sunday night and Monday mornings?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins in a blow out. 37-14. Howell has another 300 yard game n 4 TDs, Terry Mac goes for 120 yards n a couple TDs. Gibson has another productive day in the pass game. The defense, aww fuck, the defense will be shitty again but, somehow keep the damage to 2 TDs.

And if things do continue to progress at the QB position. Talk of keeping OC/QB/QBC together will start making the rounds n wilo even make sense.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins 26
Giants 17

although past history will result in a small M/L bet on the Giants.....

Player of the game ... Crowder

Play of game ... punt return

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the ultimate dean pisser offer

giants 24 skins 21

reasoning is this , the giants have our number until proven otherwise . last game i heard all kinds of talk about blowouts and BU qbs and what happened . we were bitch slapped by a supposedly inferior team . we cant seem to understand we have to play well vs everybody and we play down to the competition . this is a must win game for a run at the playoffs . now fans like us scoff at the notion but the coach and the team arent . they are going to try to win and make the playoffs because their asses are on the line

devito will be player of the game because we make every scrub look like a gold jacket guy

memorial moment , dean will tell us how well we played even though we lost and as in dumber and dumber in my best jim carey voice " you mean we still have a chance " and duke's head explodes

but the bright side is we have we have 5 and 1/2 months of draft talk and FA signings

oh and the curse of the black uniforms will grow

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the ultimate dean pisser offer

giants 24 skins 21

reasoning is this , the giants have our number until proven otherwise . last game i heard all kinds of talk about blowouts and BU qbs and what happened . we were bitch slapped by a supposedly inferior team . we cant seem to understand we have to play well vs everybody and we play down to the competition . this is a must win game for a run at the playoffs . now fans like us scoff at the notion but the coach and the team arent . they are going to try to win and make the playoffs because their asses are on the line

devito will be player of the game because we make every scrub look like a gold jacket guy

memorial moment , dean will tell us how well we played even though we lost and as in dumber and dumber in my best jim carey voice " you mean we still have a chance " and duke's head explodes

but the bright side is we have we have 5 and 1/2 months of draft talk and FA signings

oh and the curse of the black uniforms will grow
I have started meditation skinsdad...nothing bothers me anymore.

I slip into zen mode and deans agenda and words simply fade away...

Images of rivera and his tenure float away into the vast ocean waves.

All the world comes into focus...into one...

I am the ocean...the ocean and I are one....

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have started meditation skinsdad...nothing bothers me anymore.

I slip into zen mode and deans agenda and words simply fade away...

Images of rivera and his tenure float away into the vast ocean waves.

All the world comes into focus...into one...

I am the ocean...the ocean and I are one....
get your beads out buddy