• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency News/Trades/Cuts

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor, Landry, Randall
Maybe now they have enough talent for 1 win

I saw ESPN had done an article on how many wins Kirk Cousins might add to a team if he were to join. For the Browns it was only like 2 more wins than last year. So 2-14. I guess for the Browns that is considered a successful season these days.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL- Not sure how they can predict that, or why even bother trying to predict it, but kinda funny at the same time.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins sources talking about rumors of pick #5 to Dolphins for pick #11 and Ryan Tannehill.

I've been hearing Miami is in love with a few QB's in this draft. Not sure there is any truth to that rumor from our end. I'd want more. Tannehill is an ok QB, but with the D going down a bit not sure I am interested in that type of trade. Two years ago, yes. He is also coming off the injury.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins sources talking about rumors of pick #5 to Dolphins for pick #11 and Ryan Tannehill.

I've been hearing Miami is in love with a few QB's in this draft. Not sure there is any truth to that rumor from our end. I'd want more. Tannehill is an ok QB, but with the D going down a bit not sure I am interested in that type of trade. Two years ago, yes. He is also coming off the injury.

I would definitely want more in that trade for the Broncos. I like Tannehill but not that much and especially like you said coming off two seasons now with injuries. I would want their 2nd round pick as well to make that deal a reality.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Richard Sherman will be a 49er. Working on a 3-year deal right now.

Also heard the Raiders are trying to swing a trade for Brett Hundley. The Cook experiment as their backup could be over.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take this for what you want. Source told me Vikings are getting Cousins and Broncos are getting Keenum. Deals are getting set up and looking like it will be Keenum for 2-years/$30.5 million with another 2 option years possibly attached to the contract.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take this for what you want. Source told me Vikings are getting Cousins and Broncos are getting Keenum. Deals are getting set up and looking like it will be Keenum for 2-years/$30.5 million with another 2 option years possibly attached to the contract.
Keenum move does nothing for me. Moves the team nowhere .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been told that anybody outside of Cousins will cause the Broncos to take a QB in the 1st. So this would be Keenum + a rookie. Keenum just gives them a bit of security to give the rookie some time to develop. Kind of like Goff his rookie year or Trubisky last year. Hopefully the rookie can beat him out right off the bat but if they are not quite ready at least the Broncos have somebody with some decent starting experience.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins will go the Minny and do for them what Grbac did for the Ravens in 2001.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its a kubes move though. SS will worry about Allen @ 5 now.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been told that anybody outside of Cousins will cause the Broncos to take a QB in the 1st. So this would be Keenum + a rookie. Keenum just gives them a bit of security to give the rookie some time to develop. Kind of like Goff his rookie year or Trubisky last year. Hopefully the rookie can beat him out right off the bat but if they are not quite ready at least the Broncos have somebody with some decent starting experience.
Wouldn’t Josh Mccown\Taylor serve the same purpose only half as much becuase like you said the best result is for the rookie to start sometime year one.
I swear first Sanchez then Lynch and now Keenum as a bridge
If true, Elway makes some very questionable moves

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t Josh Mccown\Taylor serve the same purpose only half as much becuase like you said the best result is for the rookie to start sometime year one.
I swear first Sanchez then Lynch and now Keenum as a bridge
If true, Elway makes some very questionable moves

Well Taylor has been traded already so can't get him.

As for the half the price thing. I think this is the Broncos saying we are not just going to bring in a bargain bin type player. At least Keenum showed he can play a decent game this past season. So that way if the rookie is not ready then they still have a viable starter. I'm not saying this is the best option but it seems to be the direction they are working to head.

Also if you think about teams and what they pay for an entire position group rather than just looking at individual players the Broncos would still be way below average for the NFL at the QB position.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true and we are getting Keenum we sure as hell better be adding some serious beef to the o-line. I have my doubts Keenum will repeat his Vikings performance, and we're going to need a strong o-line to prevent another 3-and-out-riddled season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true and we are getting Keenum we sure as hell better be adding some serious beef to the o-line. I have my doubts Keenum will repeat his Vikings performance, and we're going to need a strong o-line to prevent another 3-and-out-riddled season.

Now remember this is Keenum and one of the rookies. The Broncos would be hoping the rookie can beat him out but if not at least again they have a decent starter. And yes they will need a good OL to help him out. If he signs for that kind of deal then they can add in FA and through trade. They would have plenty of cap space to really get aggressive in FA.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleh to Keenum. It’s Cousins or Rosen for me or I’ll be pissed we shipped Talib off

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never trust guys like Keenum. Sort of marginally successful at best and then one good season...

I wasn’t high on Ryan Fitzpatrick a couple years ago for the same reason. With that said, Keenum doesn’t tie up nearly as much cap space as Cousins does. Cousins has some flashy production made all the more impressive when you consider the dysfunction of the Redskins organization. The big gamble with him is at the price he’s going to command: is it the Redksins organization holding him back and their inability or unwillingness to build a team around him or does Cousins lack the intangibles that can take a good team and make it great? I believe Cousins really would turn the Broncos into a respectable team again, but that price tag...its hard to say.

Keenum...at first glance I am not interested. I’d like to see our draft selection know up front he’s going to be the guy. There isn’t a better time for it either: the team is coming off a 5-11 finish. A rookie QBing this team to even .500 would be a great start. This is as low pressure as it gets for a Broncos QB. Any QB here is going to be expected to be the one who reversed the team’s recent drafting misfortunes with QBs. Any of them are going to be held to the Elway benchmark and to a lesser extent, Manning. Why not at least mitigate some of that by allowing a rookie to come in on the heels of a disasterous season and see if he can coax out a respectable record in his first season? Plenty of rookies have done it.

Whatever happens I’ll support our starters. I think I am trending toward hoping for the right rookie and a complete commitment to him out the gate over any of these other options.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told, the only reason I want Cousins is because I don’t want to be forced to draft a qb. Cousins, Nelson, the Guice. That would be my dream scenario

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d risk Bridgewater for the upside over Keenum. And it would cost even less for those who care about such things. His leadership is off the charts and it’s now been two years beyond his injury.