• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency News/Trades/Cuts

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured might as well start a thread for non Bronco transactions as they start to heat up.

Panthers traded Darryl Worley to the Eagles for Torrey Smith. Trade surprised me from Carolina's standpoint but apparently they are going after Richard Sherman which makes sense.

Others in recent days I am sure you have seen or have been talked about so won't post all of those.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarvis Landry to the Browns for two draft picks.

9ers decline option on Dumervil.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver trades Talib to Rams for 5th

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrod traded to Cleveland and did Damarious Randall from GB

Interesting scenario -- NYG Trade back 2 spots (CLE comes back up for Barkely/QB) then BUF trades up to 4th pick for QB. CLE gets Barkley/QB, BUF gets their QB and NYG get massive amount of picks in 2018 & 2019. Thoughts?

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that scenario effs us in the bootay

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman will be released by Seahawks.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor to the Browns is interesting. I know a few here wanted him and while I wasn’t high on the idea initially I think Duffman sold me on it. That’s one less option for the Broncos. I still think Cousins flips this team from 5-11 to 11-5 but it’s not a sure thing he comes to Denver. Plus having that kind of cash tied up in the QB may hamstring the team’s ability to shore up other areas of need. I am beginning to hope the Broncos just go through the draft for their QB.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to say - the Viking's QB job - all things being equal - is probably a surer deal than Cousin's signing with the Broncos. They have a defense and an Oline (which managed to make three different QBs look good last season alone).

The Broncos are obviously loaded to move up and down in the draft. I hope thing fall their way.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Sherman visiting the Lions and 49ers.

Muhammad Wilkerson visited Packers now on to Chiefs then Redskins.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees will be allowed to negotiate with teams starting Monday if not signed by then. There was some disagreement of when he could start because officially his contract with the Saints does not run out until Wednesday of this next week but it was determined he can go ahead and start. I still expect they will get something done but was told they are still pretty far apart. Last offer was something like 2-years/$50 million where Brees is looking for closer to 2-years/$60 million.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deshone Kizer traded after 1 year is kinda funny, but good move by the Browns.

Getting Taylor and possibility of still going QB rd 1 seems likely. They are at least in a situation now where they don't HAVE to go QB, and he doesn't HAVE to start week 1 if they do go QB.

I just never understand why the Browns take the QB they take.

Brandon Weeden- 29 year old rookie. Browns need someone to develop when they took him, not come in right away and play, he's too old to wait around on.

Johnny Manziel- Just seemed like the worst place for Manziel to go.

Cody Kessler- Taking a QB who I had with a 6th round grade, in round 3 when their team was still bad and you knoew they'd pick high again the following year still needing a QB just seemed silly and wasted.

Kizer last year- Unlike Weeden, Kizer needed to go to a team where he could sit 1-2 years... Kizer was a RS SOPH coming out, just the worst situation he could be put into IMO, a team who was forced to use him his rookie year when he wasn't ready.

What's next?

Tim Couch is really the example of bad luck. Should have hit on him but injuries killed him.

Brady Quinn- I was iffy on... Didn't dislike the pick, but wasn't real sure what he would be like when he came out of college. I feel like they have made some decent decisions at QB back 10-15 years ago that didn't work out, now they are making a lot of poor choices with who fits for them, and what makes sense for them.

With Tyrod they are in a bit better situation weather they go QB or not early this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deshone Kizer traded after 1 year is kinda funny, but good move by the Browns.

Getting Taylor and possibility of still going QB rd 1 seems likely. They are at least in a situation now where they don't HAVE to go QB, and he doesn't HAVE to start week 1 if they do go QB.

I just never understand why the Browns take the QB they take.

Brandon Weeden- 29 year old rookie. Browns need someone to develop when they took him, not come in right away and play, he's too old to wait around on.

Johnny Manziel- Just seemed like the worst place for Manziel to go.

Cody Kessler- Taking a QB who I had with a 6th round grade, in round 3 when their team was still bad and you knoew they'd pick high again the following year still needing a QB just seemed silly and wasted.

Kizer last year- Unlike Weeden, Kizer needed to go to a team where he could sit 1-2 years... Kizer was a RS SOPH coming out, just the worst situation he could be put into IMO, a team who was forced to use him his rookie year when he wasn't ready.

What's next?

Tim Couch is really the example of bad luck. Should have hit on him but injuries killed him.

Brady Quinn- I was iffy on... Didn't dislike the pick, but wasn't real sure what he would be like when he came out of college. I feel like they have made some decent decisions at QB back 10-15 years ago that didn't work out, now they are making a lot of poor choices with who fits for them, and what makes sense for them.

With Tyrod they are in a bit better situation weather they go QB or not early this year.

Have to hope they don't go QB pushing somebody to the Broncos for either a nice trade say we get Cousins or don't have to use extra draft capital to get our guy. Was told that part of Dorsey coming in was that he wouldn't trade back in the 1st again like they have in the past. The owner is tired of trading back and wants them to draft blue chip players to add to the roster with what they have. So that would at least make sure the Broncos would only see maybe 2 QB's go before their pick. Have to see though.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to hope they don't go QB pushing somebody to the Broncos for either a nice trade say we get Cousins or don't have to use extra draft capital to get our guy. Was told that part of Dorsey coming in was that he wouldn't trade back in the 1st again like they have in the past. The owner is tired of trading back and wants them to draft blue chip players to add to the roster with what they have. So that would at least make sure the Broncos would only see maybe 2 QB's go before their pick. Have to see though.

Right- Hopefully. The trade for Tyrod Taylor could be very beneficial for us.

One would think the Bills will be trying to move up for one of the QB's too as the QB's may slide just a smidge more now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right- Hopefully. The trade for Tyrod Taylor could be very beneficial for us.

One would think the Bills will be trying to move up for one of the QB's too as the QB's may slide just a smidge more now.

That is the only bad part about this trade is now the Bills will be our competition and well draft capital wise they are in better shape than the Broncos. I just keep hoping one of these teams has fallen in love with Josh Allen and will take him ahead of us. Makes sure that Elway can't pick him and plus pushes another QB down our direction. Honestly right now he might be like 6th or 7th on my list of QB's I would like the Broncos to draft.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Josh Allen more than you but not as much as some.

I just don't really like him for Denver.

I know coaching/learning is huge for anyone going into the NFL, but a team is going to have to be real careful with Josh Allen. It might be the difference from being great or being a big time bust with his ability.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some rumors I'm hearing about the Broncos to put them out there...

Broncos are still working on trading for Juwan James. Maybe CJ Anderson and a 4th round pick kind of thing.

Broncos are also still in on Sua Cravens. Washington seems to think some team is going to trade a 2nd or 3rd for him though for some odd reason. Broncos are still the only team to offer anything more than a 6th round pick for him.

Look for the Broncos to add a CB in FA for that 3rd CB spot.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Josh Allen more than you but not as much as some.

I just don't really like him for Denver.

I know coaching/learning is huge for anyone going into the NFL, but a team is going to have to be real careful with Josh Allen. It might be the difference from being great or being a big time bust with his ability.

If we had Peyton Manning say in year 2 or 3 of him being here then maybe I consider him more. After the flop that has been Lynch though and just seeing a guy that has all the tools but mentally just can't handle the game and seeing some of those same traits in Allen it just makes me want to pass. Plus just watching him up close at hte Senior Bowl I was less than impressed. So many of his throws showed a lack of understanding. Even some of his completions where he just rocketed it at a WR that was say 10-15 feet away from him making the catch so much more difficult than it needed to be again just showed a guy that is a long ways from understanding the game well enough for a long career.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns are trade happy.

Traded Danny Shelton and a 5th to the Patriots for a 3rd this morning.

That's 4 trades in 24 hours.

Good luck keeping track of where they pick in the draft this year.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns are trade happy.

Traded Danny Shelton and a 5th to the Patriots for a 3rd this morning.

That's 4 trades in 24 hours.

Good luck keeping track of where they pick in the draft this year.
Taylor, Landry, Randall
Maybe now they have enough talent for 1 win