• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency News/Trades/Cuts

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I'm hearing Keenum isn't going to cost as much as some have predicted. Teams are not as high on him as some thought after such a good season. I guess teams have learned from the Osweiler days. So if you get him at say $16 million a year that really isn't that expensive when you look at the QB market. Broncos would still have somewhere in the $25 million range to spend on FA's if they so choose. That is plenty of money to add what maybe another 3-4 starters to this roster? So while Keenum is not my first choice as yes I would rather just assure the rookie they will start from the beginning it at least gives the Broncos a little stronger QB room.

Plus you have to think of things in terms of the entire position group cost not just one player. Let's say the Broncos are spending $18 million on the QB position this next year with all of the group added together. that would only put them about midpoint for the league in QB spending. Gives them plenty of room to continue to operate.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as we get Rosen or Mayfield in the draft, I could live with Keenum.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow just not feeling anything that Elway is selling. Staring to feel like
Elway rode Manning’s coattails both on the field and off in FA.

At this point, take a shot at Cousins or use your draft capital and get a QB that will start day one. Trying to be all things all ppl is tough meaning Elway hopes to have Keenum allow them to compete while simultaneously hoping the rookie takes his job
Cut out the middle man and start the rookie.
Worst case scenario

What if Denver signed Keenum and for some reason could not draft a QBOTF in 18 and you know in 2019 right back at looking to draft one but at the same time Keenum is leading your team to a 8-8 9-7 record just middling around mediocre. You are now 4 years from a super bowl and in worst shape than 2018.

I’m sure others can provide a best case scenario

Maybe just my thinking but would a rookie learn more about how to be professional Qb from
Keenum or McCown. I think McCown would know what he is here to do. Keenum is still young
enough to care more about his current situation and how he can continue to maximize his future situation.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report Is Keenum is looking for 15-17 mil a year. Bridgewater 12-15 mil a year.

I've always liked Bridgewater but unless it is a 1 year deal I can't justify paying him a long term deal of 12-15 mil a year. He hasn't really played in two years, always been a fan, but we have no idea what he is going to be like coming back...

I am fine with Keenum on a 2 year deal so we don't lock a lot of money in and draft a QB in round 1. Once Cousins got out of the picture I've been pretty locked into taking a QB in round 1.

If we sign Keenum and he does well and our rookie is developing well then we it's a double win.

If we sign Keenum to a two year deal and he is nothing more than a stop gap and our rookie QB develops fast then we still win.

If we sign Keenum and he isn't anything more than a stop gap (we still don't lose much) but if that 5th overall QB pick fails then yeah... that would suck. ;)

Sounds like the Dolphins and Jaguars are both interested in Bridgewater on a one year "prove" it deal. They are in a better situation then us to sign Bridgewater because Tannehill and Bortles are both there, so while it's pricey for a "backup" QB, they have starters (not elite so if Bridgewater becomes that QB he once showed he can be) it's a bonus for them and if not then not a huge deal for them as they can let him walk after a year.

For us...

It's not awful to sign Bridgewater IMO, again if it's a one year deal then not out much long term.

I'm expecting Keenum and Ill be ok but not jumping for joy. He does a lot more for me then what we had on our roster last year, but I don't think he is a long term either...

I want Josh Rosen when all is said and done.

We really at this stage need to draft a QB early and sign a vet to have our ducks in a row. Can't go put all our eggs into one basket since it won't be Cousins.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers extended Casey Hayward 3 years 36 mil. One of the more underrated DB's in the NFL over the past few years.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah Denver is picking up DT's option.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott, are you certain we’re out of the Cousins sweepstakes?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals cut Adrian Peterson

Bills interested in Sam Bradford (probably to help a rookie learn)

Jonathan Stewart visiting Seahawks and Lions.

Demarco Murray visiting Lions

Richard Sherman only 3 M guaranteed.

Cousins not expected to sign until later this week. He wants to take multiple visits.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins could come here and be the savior
In Minny, going to be hard to top 13-3 with a healthy Rodgers
Without a home playoff game, tough sledding

Let the games begin
One thing for sure, majority of fanbase on the interwebs does not like Keenum option

I would be Ok with Bradford and a rookie QB. A healthy Bradford is a damn good QB or he gets injured and the rook starts

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A healthy Bradford doesn't exist though.
Yeah you are correct. Trying to figure out what Elway is trying to do with a Keenum signing.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens re-signed OT James Hurst

Saints interested in bringing Jimmy Graham back.

Broncos put 2nd rounder tender on Paradis.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Radiers cut him already but CB Sean Smith has to spend a year in jail for assaulting his sisters BF. Good bye NFL career. Appeared he had declined each year after playing for Miami, KC and Oakland and starting out his career well. He got 2 big contracts in there.

Report: Sean Smith takes plea deal, will go to jail for one year

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with Talib gone we just lost our enforcer, and it just so happens the Dolphins will be cutting Suh.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I'm hearing Keenum isn't going to cost as much as some have predicted. Teams are not as high on him as some thought after such a good season. I guess teams have learned from the Osweiler days. So if you get him at say $16 million a year that really isn't that expensive when you look at the QB market. Broncos would still have somewhere in the $25 million range to spend on FA's if they so choose. That is plenty of money to add what maybe another 3-4 starters to this roster? So while Keenum is not my first choice as yes I would rather just assure the rookie they will start from the beginning it at least gives the Broncos a little stronger QB room.

Plus you have to think of things in terms of the entire position group cost not just one player. Let's say the Broncos are spending $18 million on the QB position this next year with all of the group added together. that would only put them about midpoint for the league in QB spending. Gives them plenty of room to continue to operate.

Keenum Is no better than what we already have. Why pay him.

If they just got to get a different QB draft one and this time Devlop one .
Get Nate Solder so the Rookie does not get his head knocked off.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver and Houston showing a lot of interest in OT Nate Solder.

Chiefs cut Hali
Fins cut Timmons

Bears all into Sammy Watkins.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins in his farewell address only listed two teams in the Jets and Vikings.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum Is no better than what we already have. Why pay him.

You might have a case with Chad Kelly, but you're missing a key fact. Denver is looking for a proven QB and a young QB of the future to step up.

Other than that Aunt Jemima is better than what we already have.