• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How Kaepernick was stolen from the Raiders

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great band. I should have known you'd get the reference. ha ha!

Indeed! Canada has sent more than a few great bands and artists our way. Too short lived were they, Burton & Co.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Crimson.

Although if the First Lady takes a photo doing it. Is it not then classy by rule?

How about the President? BushGlasses.jpgobama-flip.jpg

By the way, the size of the images is not a statement, I just don't have two pics of the same size.

Last edited by a moderator:

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CK has been great on and off the field, judging a guy bc he has a flat brim hat as I said before its a jealous loser

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CK has been great on and off the field, judging a guy bc he has a flat brim hat as I said before its a jealous loser

Nope. Just a guy who prefers his professionals to act and look professional rather than like some sixteen-year old street punk. Its basically just kaepernick saying "fuck you" to the world and "I don't give a shit how stupid I look".

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I feel this is 100% incorrect because you will never have all 32 teams looking to fill the same position at any time on draft day. Thus at no point would any one team be worried about all the other teams during the draft. Thinking and acting as you are suggesting reduces draft science to a crap shoot.

Deep, when we go into the draft we have our board and we also have a pretty darn good idea what all the other teams are looking for and specifically what other teams may be looking at our players.

This knowledge is part of being a good GM, like Baalke. So, again, there is never a time when any GM is worried about all the other teams - sorry Brother Deep, but that is just the way it is.

If it were the way you think it is, the NFL would be full of paranoid GM's making insane random Mike Ditka trades all draft day; which, may be fun to watch and might even make the draft go quicker, but it is just not realistic.

And finally, I completely understand your explanation on the trade and you may even be correct. But I am not sure how a bad eval can lead to a good draft trade. I tend to think either both are good or both are bad - the outcomes whether good or bad are inextricably linked. Maybe both are correct and it just depends on personal perspective.

the point is there are quite a few other teams out there, you never know what one of them will do? but if "31" is eating at your crawl, would "30" make you feel better? if not, what about "29"? this misses the point but at least you can say you're right and I wrong.

if you completely understand my explanation of the trade, then that's all I need to know.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that this shows why you trade up to get the guy you want, instead of just waiting and hoping that he might fall to you... it is foolish to think that you're the only team who likes a guy best.

Peter King can go fuck himself too. Slovenly douchebag trying to say we should be thanking our lucky stars because the Raiders liked Kaepernick too? Shut the fuck up fatty... you can write that story about almost every player taken in the top 10, maybe every player in the draft. With 32 teams, chances are at least two of those teams view a player the same way in the first 3-4 rounds.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that this shows why you trade up to get the guy you want, instead of just waiting and hoping that he might fall to you... it is foolish to think that you're the only team who likes a guy best.

Peter King can go fuck himself too. Slovenly douchebag trying to say we should be thanking our lucky stars because the Raiders liked Kaepernick too? Shut the fuck up fatty... you can write that story about almost every player taken in the top 10, maybe every player in the draft. With 32 teams, chances are at least two of those teams view a player the same way in the first 3-4 rounds.

Ha ha! Why don't you tell us how you really feel about ol' Pete.....and don't hold back this time.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

yea... what he said!!!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the point is there are quite a few other teams out there, you never know what one of them will do? but if "31" is eating at your crawl, would "30" make you feel better? if not, what about "29"? this misses the point but at least you can say you're right and I wrong.

if you completely understand my explanation of the trade, then that's all I need to know.

Yeah, but see, Deep, a good GM does know with a high degree of confidence precisely what his counterparts will do. So, it is not about being right or wrong, I'm just trying to understand your point that GM's should worry about 31 or 30 or 29 teams. Realistically, at any given time in the draft a GM is not worried about more than 4 or 5 teams and most often less.

Yes, I do understand your perspective that a bad eval can still lead to a good trade. Not sure how, but I do understand that you feel that way. I just can't see Baalke saying to Jed, "Yeah, Jed, we bombed on the eval, but it sure was a good idea to trade-up to get him!" But you can and that is all I need to know.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha ha! Why don't you tell us how you really feel about ol' Pete.....and don't hold back this time.

Tres is reserved in his comments, he doesn't like to let it all hang out.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nope. Just a guy who prefers his professionals to act and look professional rather than like some sixteen-year old street punk. Its basically just kaepernick saying "fuck you" to the world and "I don't give a shit how stupid I look".

It could also be that times are just changing. I'm sure that stuff that we consider perfectly acceptable now would have been blasphemous 40 or 50 years ago (jeans and a t-shirt for example).

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I don't think that we can put an exact number on it, but I think we can confidently say it's not a significantly high percentage of teams.

Specific to the Kaepernick situation, I think we can safely say the following teams would not have been interested in drafting him in round 2:

Green Bay (probably pretty comfortable with Rodgers)
New England (had Brady and Mallett as their QB for the future)
Indy (Manning's neck issues weren't fully known, had a lot of other areas to address)
Pitt (Probably pretty happy with Roethlisberger)
TB (Freeman was coming off a breakout season)
NYG (Eli looks pretty good)
Atlanta (giving up on Matt Ryan? Hardly)
New Orleans (can't see them giving up on Brees)
Chicago (just traded a fairly significant amount for Cutler)

That's a list of teams off the top of my head that are likely not looking QB in the first round, and are generally in a position of having to trade up to get him before us even if we didn't trade up.

Other teams that likely aren't interested in him in the second round:
Carolina Panthers
Tennessee Titans
Jacksonville Jaguars
Minnesota Vikings
Cincinnati Bengals

All of those teams had already drafted a QB. I find it highly unlikely any of those teams would draft Kaepernick where we did. Four of them drafted a QB within the first 12 picks of that same draft, and Cinci drafted Dalton right before we took CK.

There's a good chance we could eliminate other teams as well (Baltimore unlikely to trade up from 58 to get him when they have Flacco), but I've already eliminated 14 teams and we haven't even considered the fit for each team (eg - a guy like Dalton or Ponder isn't likely to draw a lot of interest from Pittsburgh or Oakland).

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, yes. Classy, hardly. The Kaepernicking nonsense comes to mind, along with the Gangster wannabe brim.

As for "getting a life", as the great Burton Cummings said: "Got one already..."

Sounds kind of racist (Sckness may be near, so gotta be quiet) to lump Kaep innto being a "wannabe gangster" over a friggin 59fifty Bucks cap, or, hopefully, that you are you are just a giant nerd. :nerd:

Lucky this isn't the 80's, eh?

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it just shows how crappy the Raiders are run. You have a guy who is rated as your #1 QB that you love still on the board in the 2nd round and not pay the price then compound that with the horrible Palmer deal.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could also be that times are just changing. I'm sure that stuff that we consider perfectly acceptable now would have been blasphemous 40 or 50 years ago (jeans and a t-shirt for example).

Alas, you are probably correct.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds kind of racist (Sckness may be near, so gotta be quiet) to lump Kaep innto being a "wannabe gangster" over a friggin 59fifty Bucks cap, or, hopefully, that you are you are just a giant nerd. :nerd:

Lucky this isn't the 80's, eh?

Too funny. Probably racist because if he was a white dude doing that I would have been completely disgusted and sickened; Young black dude, I almost expect it.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was, wasn't it? As an example the way The Fonz dressed with the jeans, white t-shirt, leather jacket, and slicked hair was considered so rebellious and outside of society that the cops harassed those guys in the 50s the way they do guys who dress like "gangsters" today.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True, but the fact that those things were opposed, used, accepted, and now used as an example to show how old and crazy the opposition was in order to accept another change is also what makes some dig their heels in deeper. The thing is, there's no use, it'll either have no effect or encourage people to "rebel" and popularize it. This doesn't apply to everything and fads come and go but applies to many changes in society.

I'm not joining in on calling it gangster clothing, but maybe this use de-gangsterizes it. Even the term, "gangster" has lost it's full meaning as some will say, "that's gangster" to say its cool or clever.