• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency Musings

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointed Kelce is not getting cut.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any love for RFA RB Mike Gillislee from the Bills?

Interesting... didn't even think about him as an option. Was more effective at times last year than Shady, Gillislee handled most of their short yardage situations. I wouldn't mind giving up a 5th for him - had 9 TDs last season.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Kelce likely staying at Center and Isaac Seumalo possibly taking over at LG. Seumalo in for Barbe seems like the one shake-up on the OL. Lane Johnson in for a full season alone will be an improvement on that line. Seumalo was impressive as a rookie and should upgrade LG in his 2nd season.

Kelce staying.... is disturbing on so many levels. Not only will it continue to plague the OL, running game AND Wentz development - it also says the coaches don't see what the problem is, even when it's this damn obvious. That has the to be absolute WORST news we could get. *sigh*

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is still possible that Kelce could be traded just before or during draft weekend - I think there might be a bit of a small market for him depending on how some teams boards go during the draft.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting... didn't even think about him as an option. Was more effective at times last year than Shady, Gillislee handled most of their short yardage situations. I wouldn't mind giving up a 5th for him - had 9 TDs last season.

Yeah, he's a really good young runner and can catch as well. Did a lot without even getting that many touches with Shady ahead of him. 5.7 average per carry, no fumbles.

Last edited:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any love for RFA RB Mike Gillislee from the Bills?

He'd be an interesting option. We could sign one and draft one and carry four.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gillislie has good size too ... around 5'11" 220. Just hitting his prime at 26; sign him for 4 years and you take care of the position for a 5th round pick. Smallwood backs him up. It sounds like Buffalo is keeping Shady, so they're probably not going to match a good sized contract.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelce staying.... is disturbing on so many levels. Not only will it continue to plague the OL, running game AND Wentz development - it also says the coaches don't see what the problem is, even when it's this damn obvious. That has the to be absolute WORST news we could get. *sigh*

Hyperbole, much?

It is not exciting news....but it means nothing as for Kelce being on roster come Sept. Maybe we can get something, anything for him. If not he might slot into a backup role.

I cannot agree that this says the coaches don't see what the problem is. There could be many factors at play there. They could have voiced he is a problem and the FO doesn't fully agree. A lot can go into it besides the coaching staff being both stupid AND blind.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny Britt?

I like his talents. Always have. Always had to question his commitment though too. He scares me as a contract year player, but he has size and speed and could fit here. Maybe he finally put it all together?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny Britt?

I like his talents. Always have. Always had to question his commitment though too. He scares me as a contract year player, but he has size and speed and could fit here. Maybe he finally put it all together?

Value wise, Britt may be the WR to get ... fills that outside receiver role and due to being a late bloomer won't break the bank.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt had some issues early in his career, but he's been pretty clean in the last few years and I think he would an underrated addition if they can get him in the $6-8M range. He would be decent here.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Rams shopping Trumaine Johnson

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Rams are in trade "discussions with several teams" about franchise player CB Trumaine Johnson.

Johnson signed his franchise tender on Monday, which will pay him $16.7 million in 2017. The Rams have been reluctant to sign Johnson to a long-term deal, suggesting they see him as a questionable fit under new DC Wade Phillips. One of the better cover corners in football, Johnson would obviously be a huge get for whoever lands him.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 7 - 2:55 PM

Hmmmmmmmmm, wonder what they want in trade???

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I like Johnson, we would be in a similar dilemma of having to give him a huge contract plus likely trading draft capital for what would be another big gamble at a position we've not had much luck with lately acquiring big names. I'd rather take my chances on the deep draft class and start to find and develop organic talent.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are whispers that the market for Alshon Jeffery will not be as hot as first anticipated, some believing that he might be in play for $10M-12M/yr rather than the $14-$16M that was being thrown about initially.

Thoughts? Does this change some of your views for the Birds to be a serious player for his services if we can get him for $10-12M annually?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Rams shopping Trumaine Johnson

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Rams are in trade "discussions with several teams" about franchise player CB Trumaine Johnson.

Johnson signed his franchise tender on Monday, which will pay him $16.7 million in 2017. The Rams have been reluctant to sign Johnson to a long-term deal, suggesting they see him as a questionable fit under new DC Wade Phillips. One of the better cover corners in football, Johnson would obviously be a huge get for whoever lands him.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 7 - 2:55 PM

Hmmmmmmmmm, wonder what they want in trade???

Word is, the Eagles are in play for Trumaine, and also A.J. Bouye. Also, Cooks is tweeting Mike Trout about what it's like in Philly, in case he comes here n the trade.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are whispers that the market for Alshon Jeffery will not be as hot as first anticipated, some believing that he might be in play for $10M-12M/yr rather than the $14-$16M that was being thrown about initially.

Thoughts? Does this change some of your views for the Birds to be a serious player for his services if we can get him for $10-12M annually?

I'd snag Jeffery for 10 mil ... 15 in nuts, but 10 mil is about right.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some rumors floating around that Kenny Britt is in Atlantic City (home in Jersey) telling friends that he will be signing with the Eagles.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I like Johnson, we would be in a similar dilemma of having to give him a huge contract plus likely trading draft capital for what would be another big gamble at a position we've not had much luck with lately acquiring big names. I'd rather take my chances on the deep draft class and start to find and develop organic talent.

Yeah....then why am I so intrigued at Johnson coming in this manner than Cooks?

I'm with you on the organic growth.....maybe I just want to hope we will strike gold finally on acquiring a win at CB. Been a long time since Troy Vincent.