• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Football Recruiting

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that he stays a Hawkeye, but it would be hard to say no to Saban and southern women...

:agree:

and as for the Southern women at 'Bama: giggity giggity....giggity goo....

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commit #11

Terrence Harris 6'2" 240# DE from New Jersey

Rivals - 2*

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierschbacher is going to visit Bama and Stanford now according to the latest news...guess it will be interesting to see how this goes, poor kid is going to get crucified by Iowa fans for doing this, academics wise, Stanford beats Iowa, football wise too maybe, Alabama for sure in football, if he wants that Nat'l champions ring, he goes to Tuscaloosa, but again, long way to go for a small town kid from Iowa to see if he can compete...plus we know Saban oversigns

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Niemann (son of the No. Illinois DC) has switched his commitment to Iowa. He's a 6'3" 185# WR

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierschbacher is going to visit Bama and Stanford now according to the latest news...guess it will be interesting to see how this goes, poor kid is going to get crucified by Iowa fans for doing this, academics wise, Stanford beats Iowa, football wise too maybe, Alabama for sure in football, if he wants that Nat'l champions ring, he goes to Tuscaloosa, but again, long way to go for a small town kid from Iowa to see if he can compete...plus we know Saban oversigns

I read a quote from Ross saying something like "I've never been to California", so my guess is that is nothing more than a free trip for him. Alabama on the other hand.......kind of scary. Oh well, if he goes, he goes.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just using his visits, can't blame the kid. He gets to go to a variety of colleges, gets treated like a king, etc.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much the speculation is Ross is gone...I guess he is picking between Iowa, Stanford and Alabama this week, but the net is abuzz with him moving on to somewhere else other than Iowa. Guess if you didn't want to be here, you shouldn't have touted it so highly at first, wonder if Scheel will follow him.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How anyone would know that is complete speculation at this point, unless someone literally knows the kid and is in his inner circle.

To me, his quotes after his visits to Stanford and Alabama make it sound like he's wavering a bit. Iowa should schedule this kid for another on-campus visit pronto. Kids that age...hell, people in general...always have the final visit most fresh in their minds. When I've interviewed for jobs, I always ask to schedule it as late as possible so I'm the last face the interviewer sees and remembers....visiting schools is no different.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess he has not said anything on his FB or twitter acct, that is another thing, these recruits need to stay off twitter for sure and keep their FB to an inner circle of true friends...but if he goes he goes, right now the Iowa staff has to concentrate on the season, but I do hope someone can find time to give him a call and say hey man, we still want you, don't listen to anything negative. I think what I find a bit discouraging is that he says if Iowa doesn't have a winning season that will sway his decision. Shows me he is not all that mature at this point.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to blame a kid for not wanting to go to a school that has back to back losing seasons, that's why this years 10 win season is going to be huge!

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I would say Gallery, Bulaga, Reiff, and on and on should give him pause as precedent to what can happen if he works hard...even Scherff this year...time and time again, Iowa OL in the NFL

I haven't looked up how many Bama and Stanford have put in the NFL but I would say we stack up.

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into the last NFL draft, every Iowa OL under Ferentz that started for at least 2 years was drafted with the exception of Zuskivius(spelling), and he tore his pectoral muscle at the combine which hurt his draft chances. So I'd say come here, put the work in, and get drafted.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross has "officially" flipped to Bama, even though we knew he would 2 weeks ago

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well, we'll never compete with the Alabamas of the world for 4 and 5 star recruits. Back to focusing on the 2 and 3 star kids and hope one of them turns into Chad Greenway.

sigh.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not really, you can't blame Saban for wanting the best players he can find for his team...and we all know college football is cutthroat these days...I really blame the kid in this case

the kid is on twitter, facebook, etc and goes off having to announce his intention to Iowa...then says well, since they were 4-8 now I don't know, especially if they have a bad season this year...then he says well, I want to go ahead and visit Stanford and Alabama, cause I have never been to Cali or Alabama...then he says well...I like Alabama a lot but am still for Iowa...then he says well...I am going to Alabama

No doubt he can play on the field, but off the field he sounds like an old girlfriend who says she wants no fries then eats all of yours, I would hope that he would have a better support structure around him to not look like such a fool in the media. Right now if I met the kid I would say look, if you don't stick to this, fine, but shut your mouth til you really know. Don't commit twice, same thing I would say to anyone...stay out of the media, don't talk about recruiting, just go out and do your work and keep that mouth shut. Kid is likely a great player but so was Blake Larsen...no one really knows, but the mistake he made was same as LeBron, he talks way too much and had to make it out in the media. Just sign the letter and go. Act with class and integrity...neither was shown here IMO