• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Football Recruiting

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we know Pierschbacher (not sure I spelled that right), Scheel and LeGrand are on board, with a bunch of others in the state of Iowa actually being very good this year, anyone have inside info? I live in St Louis and do not get as much Hawkeye news as I would like but do check out hawkcentral and also scout as much as I can. We did have a recruiting thread on CBS so figured would be good to have one here to share any info.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierschbacher is a great pick-up. I won't hold my breath for now, but since he's a life long Hawkeye fan I'm sure he'll sign. I haven't heard much other recruiting news out here in Colorado either

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of my recruiting info comes from another Iowa board. I try to pick up as much as possible from there.

Piersbacher got an offer from Bama and he seemed pretty excited about that on Twitter. Then again, I would be excited too if the team that won 3/4 natty's just offered me. I think he's solid Iowa though based on him being a fan and his twitter activity towards other recruits for Iowa.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Harty: A snapshot of Iowa recruiting right now | Hawk Central

Everybody on the list with exception to West Des Moines Dowling Catholic quarterback Ryan Boyle reportedly has a scholarship offer from Iowa. Boyle suffered a season-ending knee injury in the fifth game of his sophomore season last fall, but is now healthy and drawing interest from schools such as Iowa, Iowa State, Notre Dame, Nebraska and Michigan.

The 6-foot-2, 195-pound Boyle is described as a dual-threat quarterback and has played on the varsity team at Dowling since he was a freshman. He is also thought to be the first sophomore to start at quarterback for Dowling.

Boyle passed for 709 yards and six touchdowns in five games last season, while also rushing for 233 yards and one touchdown. He told HawkeyeInsider.com that he recently was clocked at 4.6 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

Boyle visited Iowa State last week and he attended Iowa’s public scrimmage Saturday at Kinnick Stadium.

“(Iowa’s coaches) all seemed interested and really glad that I was there and attending the spring game,” Boyle told HawkeyeInsider.com. “They said they were looking forward to watching me next season and they were going to come watch me play.”

Boyle said he plans to attend camps this summer at Iowa, Michigan, Notre Dame, Nebraska and Kansas State. He also plans to visit to Missouri and Georgia this summer.

MATT NELSON

defensive end, 6-8, 249, Cedar Rapids, Xavier High School

Rivals.com ranking: Not rated.

Scout.com rating: Not rated.

Scholarship offers: Iowa, Iowa State, Arkansas, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Rice, San Diego State, Stanford, Yale

C.J. HILLIARD

running back, 5-10, 185, Cincinnati, Xavier High School

Rivals.com ranking: 3-star

Scout.com rating: 3-star

Scholarship offers: Akron, Bowling Green, Indiana, Iowa, Ohio, Western Michigan

BRANDON LEE

outside linebacker, 6-3, 210,

Indianapolis, Lawrence Central High School

Scout.com ranking: 4-st

ar

Scholarship offers: Ball State, California, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan State, Missouri, North Carolina State, Northwestern, Purdue

SILVESTER HAYES

defensive end, 6-2, 213, Dallas, South Oak Cliff High School

Scholarship offers: Colorado State, Iowa, Nevada, SMU, Texas Tech

JYAZ JONES

defensive back, 6-0, 180, Dallas, South Oak Cliff High School

Scholarship offers: Baylor, Colorado State, Iowa, Nebraska, New Mexico State

2015 player to watch

RYAN BOYLE

quarterback, 6-2, 195, West Des Moines Dowling Catholic High School

No offers to report: Will attend summer camps at Iowa, Iowa State, Notre Dame and Michigan among others.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that article, but in reality when I look at the prospects and the odds we get some, similar to last year and years past I am not holding my breath. I really want the team to do well this year, but just not sure, we could win 9, we could win 2, just such a crap shoot, excited about basketball though, we should be good there, just need a better non conf schedule, overall though, very happy about last year and reaching the NIT final although it ended not the way I wanted.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrestling as well, really kind of concerned there, while we are and should be a top 5 every year, I am a bit concerned cause it used to be a top 2, we seem to have lost the edge there, not sure if it is Brands or what, but we have lost something for sure

I try to follow the other sports too, oddly enough Iowa has gotten good at golf; we used to have a kick ass (finally can write ass and not @$$) women's field hockey team, but not so much anymore (I believe that is the only other sport we have a national championship in other than wrestling - unless you count the shared football one from 1958) and womens bball is still pretty good but not top 10 though

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great offensive line + solid running game + NFL tight ends = no less than 8 wins. I was impressed with Cameron Wilson at wr also. Iowa has young, but very talented qb's. Defensively, Iowa will have a solid secondary, great linebackers and a young and very talented defensive line. I'm calling it a 9-3 team.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell what the KF staff will produce. The D-Line is still young...but hopefully they will produce this year. I would be surprised if Iowa gets 6 wins on the coming season. 4 wins might be the high mark on the season though.

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoops what the hell is that talk. The D-line will be much better this year, and 3 senior LB's will make a mark on the season. That offense will grow and get better. I don't see a loss out of conference and maybe a couple in conference. A good bowl game this year.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoops what the hell is that talk. The D-line will be much better this year, and 3 senior LB's will make a mark on the season. That offense will grow and get better. I don't see a loss out of conference and maybe a couple in conference. A good bowl game this year.

I agree. I think Iowa will surprise a lot of people this year. I see this as a strong team actually. NIU will be a tough one right out of the gate, but I'm sticking with 8 or 9 wins.

Welcome Geng. And Hoops, maybe you could just camp out at the old site and let us know if anything happens over there....

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell what the KF staff will produce. The D-Line is still young...but hopefully they will produce this year. I would be surprised if Iowa gets 6 wins on the coming season. 4 wins might be the high mark on the season though.
:lame:

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gengljer,

We've seen what inexperienced D-Line play has on Iowa's Senior LBs under KF. Iowa's LBs will be making tackles down field. That also means no pressure on the QB. And when the DBs are starting 10 yards off the line, that means the QB will pick Iowa apart. Iowa's D will be caught in no-mans-land...trying to stop the run and pass...and fail.

Sounds like Iowa's offense is supposed to run the no huddle to get more plays/yards/points. That will lead to a tired defense in the B1G schedule when it really matters.

Oh, and KF is still the coach. Full of blunders, poor clock management, and the power to not bench poor performers. 4 wins is an optimistic prediction. Getting to 6...icing on the cake and a bowl game in Michigan.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wingsauce,

Let me know when you clean your blinders. Iowa will have an unproven QB, fragile RBs, unproven WRs, and solid TEs. The D-Line is still in development. The secondary looks like it is close. Iowa's LBs have the most experience but will have to support the line and secondary -- until the unit develops into a quality defense.

The last time KF had to decide on a QB we were treated to a battle between Christensen and Stanzi that could have lasted for 12 games. Remembering that year, now we probably know why KF didn't want to have to pull JVB last year.

Now, KF has 3 QBs to pick from for this year. How many games will it take to pick one? And what happens when the one doesn't perform? Personally, I believe Ruddock will be the starter - all season.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our DT's are going to be good which will cause more single blockers on our DE's. Plus, we'll be able to rotate 4 DT's this year with Cooper, Davis, Johnson, Ekaktie. I like Alvis and I think that Ott can be good. Venkus and the rest are wild cards. Our LB's will be good. We need to figure out how to get Alston on the field some more. I actually wouldn't mind seeing seom 3-4 based on our lack of DE depth and having 4 quality LB's. It probably won't happen.

mm03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Our DT's are going to be good which will cause more single blockers on our DE's. Plus, we'll be able to rotate 4 DT's this year with Cooper, Davis, Johnson, Ekaktie. I like Alvis and I think that Ott can be good. Venkus and the rest are wild cards. Our LB's will be good. We need to figure out how to get Alston on the field some more. I actually wouldn't mind seeing seom 3-4 based on our lack of DE depth and having 4 quality LB's. It probably won't happen.

I don't think that would ever happen =p

I think barring injury this team should be able to win 8.. but with a few breaks could win more. Depth is easily the biggest concern again this year. The team last year had a shot at 7 (most likely 6) without injuries, and this years team is quite a bit better all around. As long as the o-line stays healthy the offense will have a chance to win every game on the schedule.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron,

I do believe it was wingsauce7 that mentioned this sports SportsHoopla site. I'm still amazed that cbs shut down their message board platform.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh thanks man. Throw me under the bus. Fuck.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha, it's not a problem, the world needs all kinds of diversity