• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Football Recruiting

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Ross Reynolds also committed, OL, no stars on this kid but a good in state pickup, Taylor is not totally confirmed from what I hear but he was committed to GA Tech. We still look to be in the running for a few others, hard to say what will happen, but signing day is coming up quickly.

Looks like Taylor flipped to the Hawks. It's not like we stole him-we've had an offer on the table since last March and it sounds like something soured him on GT?..

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Ross Reynolds we're sitting at 21 commits for 2014.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed this one. Torey Hendrick 3-star 6'4" 225 lb DE from Brooklyn. Had offers from AZ St, Fla St, KS, K-state, Miss St, NC St, Rutgers and WV.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So according to Scout.com, here is who we are expecting to sign on Wednesday:
Torey Hendrick, Miles Taylor, Ross Reynolds, Dillon Kidd, Tyler Wiegers, Parker Hesse, Markel Smith, Jalen Embry, Marcel Joly, Joshua Jackson, Aaron Mends, Ben Niemann, Terrence Harris, Mick Ellis, Matt Nelson, Keegan Render, Jameer Outsey, Jyaz Jones, C.J. Hilliard, Omar Truitt, Lucas Legrand and Jay Scheel

I have to think this is our first ever football player named Omar in this class. All but a few of these guys are 3 star, Hendrick and Smith are 4 stars.

I am not sure who all came in with this years Iowa senior class, but would be interesting to see where they were 4-5 years ago and then track where these kids will go. I have to believe that you will get to see a few bowl games in your career at Iowa if you come and stay on the team. Hope they continue to build on the foundation that is there now.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure who all came in with this years Iowa senior class, but would be interesting to see where they were 4-5 years ago and then track where these kids will go. I have to believe that you will get to see a few bowl games in your career at Iowa if you come and stay on the team. Hope they continue to build on the foundation that is there now.

Here is the list of the '10 recruits: Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com 2010 Iowa Commitments

A few notables transferred (Coker, Derby), a few guys played above their 2 or 3 star rankings (Morris, Kirksey, Hitchens, Scherff) and a few played below their 3 or 4 star rankings (Fiedorowicz, both Johnsons, Donnal) but the rest are pretty much spot on with their rankings and who recruited them.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the '09 class may actually go down as the single worst recruits in Iowa's history. Never even heard of half these guys (Scott Colvert???). We have exactly one NFL player here in Hyde and maaaaybe Van Sloten makes it, beyond that this is pretty pathetic: Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com 2009 Iowa Commitments

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I can tell we got all of the NLI's that we were supposed to, but no great surprises that someone changed their minds...Pussbooker is off to Bama

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oops was wrong Jyaz Jones flipped from Iowa to Colorado State

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oops was wrong Jyaz Jones flipped from Iowa to Colorado State

Ft Collins Coloradoan here is reporting that Iowa pulled his scholarship for some reason. Brother of 2013 Hawkeye recruit AJ Jones (who had also originally committed to CSU) and a good get for CSU.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a typical Iowa class. Get to coaching them up coaches.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reading about the day, saw this: The Iowa football program received 18 letters of intent Wednesday, with another one pending. Running back Markel Smith, from St. Louis, was snowed in at a religious retreat. He is expected to officially sign Thursday. “Hopefully, no dog sled is going to intercept him, convince him to go somewhere else,” Ferentz said. “Hopefully, that will be our 19th signing.”

So I might be confused, but Scout said we had 21 commits, NLI's are at 18 with one expected...ranked 41st in country and something like 7th or 8th in conference, as usual

But Scout is not showing that we got NLI's from Ross Reynolds, Torey Hendrick or Markel Smith, both Smith and Hendrick are the 4 stars in the class. Hendrick is a JUCO kid so that might be a different type of commit?

Reynolds is not listed at hawkeyesports as being part of the class, nor is Hendrick or Smith, which makes sense since they didn't get Smith's NLI, wonder why they pulled Jones's offer?

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reading about the day, saw this: The Iowa football program received 18 letters of intent Wednesday, with another one pending. Running back Markel Smith, from St. Louis, was snowed in at a religious retreat. He is expected to officially sign Thursday. “Hopefully, no dog sled is going to intercept him, convince him to go somewhere else,” Ferentz said. “Hopefully, that will be our 19th signing.”

So I might be confused, but Scout said we had 21 commits, NLI's are at 18 with one expected...ranked 41st in country and something like 7th or 8th in conference, as usual

But Scout is not showing that we got NLI's from Ross Reynolds, Torey Hendrick or Markel Smith, both Smith and Hendrick are the 4 stars in the class. Hendrick is a JUCO kid so that might be a different type of commit?

Reynolds is not listed at hawkeyesports as being part of the class, nor is Hendrick or Smith, which makes sense since they didn't get Smith's NLI, wonder why they pulled Jones's offer?

I'm confused here too. we dropped to like 60th in rank for the class. Who didn't sign from who was projected to sign?

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We ended up getting Smith's although they are touting Hilliard at RB, so who knows...Reynolds was a grey shirt, and Hendrick is a different way to sign for juco, so they likely took it without Smith

Losing Ross P hurt the ranking, but we rarely get 5 stars and if we have more than one or two 4 stars it is a miracle any more, it's ok, to me if we don't go back to a 4-8 season, we could have no stars, just win baby

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
went to scout and checked, they have us at 41...for 2015 though, it is interesting, there is a pair of brothers from Moville Iowa, both have offers from Iowa, both only list Iowa as their only school, both offensive line guys who are both 4 stars Landan and Levi Paulsen...the funny thing is scout lists them as only medium interest in Iowa, gotta love these sites

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
went to scout and checked, they have us at 41...for 2015 though, it is interesting, there is a pair of brothers from Moville Iowa, both have offers from Iowa, both only list Iowa as their only school, both offensive line guys who are both 4 stars Landan and Levi Paulsen...the funny thing is scout lists them as only medium interest in Iowa, gotta love these sites

Bring on that Iowa Meat & Potatoes!

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Paulsen brothers committed today...so our recruiting class for next year already has three 4 star recruits on it with 5 guys committing, Newburg is a 3 star and Marv Cook's son is just a 1 star although I would bet that gets better before he is done.

I guess Beneventi is still open to other offers though, even though he committed, which drives me nuts, don't commit til you are sure.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good to have broyle/boyle/doyle/olive oyle on the team...no matter what his name is

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockaday committed, he seems to be a nice get, love that we got this kid...

Know it is football, but saw we got a really good kid in bball too for 2015 in Hutton...super nice commit who I think will bring in toughness to Fran's squad.