• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flacco signs contract extension

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to be sure, people who actually know what they are doing are very sure and they get paid more per yr to know than you'll make your whole lifetime....
Joe is a franchise qb and you could bet your right arm that Elway would love to get Flacco to run his O than Brock or broken down PM....I don't understand Bronco fans concern and criticism of Joe Flacco's contract...
That mediocre back up you guys have is about to get a huge contract that will cost you some major players off that D, you should be worried about that and not Flacco...:nono:
They may be paid a lot to know what they're doing, but that doesn't make them immune to mistakes or criticisms.

And believe me, I am worried about re-signing Osweiler. I don't want the Broncos to sign him to a big money deal. If some other team is willing to pay him big bucks I say let him walk and try to find someone else. Sign Chase Daniel and draft a qb if Oz prices himself out of Denver.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure a lot less than a peon Bronco fan does.....You really are full of yourself aren't you !!
You'd be surprised how stupid you look from this angle .....

View attachment 94224

So no argument means result to insults...That is exactly what Tgann did before he lost it on here. I don't know what caused him to decide to just become a full time troll but I really hope you are not heading in that same direction. You and I have had decent Football conversations in the past. I would hate to see it just all of a sudden turn into you just hurling insult after insult. Not really why I come on this board.[/QUOTE]

Read my lips, "Already answered Broncos6482".....You need some Ginko to remember your last post ???
And there is no argument, only jealousy, hatred, and arrogance coming from you 2....I'm right, you're wrong,
The End...
:stephena:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read my lips, "Already answered Broncos6482".....You need some Ginko to remember your last post ???
And there is no argument, only jealousy, hatred, and arrogance coming from you 2....I'm right, you're wrong,
The End...

So arrogance from us yet you are the one saying "I'm right, you're wrong, The End..." This is that point that this conversation has just devolved to a level I just would rather not stay in it. Good luck with Flacco and good luck to the Ravens this next season (not being sarcastic here).

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may be paid a lot to know what they're doing, but that doesn't make them immune to mistakes or criticisms.

And believe me, I am worried about re-signing Osweiler. I don't want the Broncos to sign him to a big money deal. If some other team is willing to pay him big bucks I say let him walk and try to find someone else. Sign Chase Daniel and draft a qb if Oz prices himself out of Denver.

No chance, Daniels is no better and a rookie qb will set them back 2-3 yrs and nullify the D that they've built...
It's gonna be Brock collecting 18-20 mil a yr and losing some key players on D to FA....
We'll see who's qb is overpaid and who isn't soon enough...

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So arrogance from us yet you are the one saying "I'm right, you're wrong, The End..." This is that point that this conversation has just devolved to a level I just would rather not stay in it. Good luck with Flacco and good luck to the Ravens this next season (not being sarcastic here).

Aren't you special, come in a thread insulting another teams franchise qb and then when you are revealed, act like you're taking the high road and bowing out....

29153810.jpg:rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this good or bad news?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance, Daniels is no better and a rookie qb will set them back 2-3 yrs and nullify the D that they've built...
It's gonna be Brock collecting 18-20 mil a yr and losing some key players on D to FA....
We'll see who's qb is overpaid and who isn't soon enough...
Daniel may not be better, but he might be a heck of a lot cheaper. And Denver doesn't need a world beater at qb, they just need a little bit of an upgrade from what Manning has become. That's not exactly a high bar to clear.

But if you really think Elway is about to pay $18-20 million a year for Osweiler, I'm afraid you haven't been paying much attention. If Elway has proven one thing since he's taken over, it's that he's not afraid to move on from a player that he thinks is asking for too much money.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The End...
No jealousy from me. My team just won the Super Bowl. What could I possibly have to be jealous of?

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No jealousy from me. My team just won the Super Bowl. What could I possibly have to be jealous of?

No QB worth a mention !!!...But that was more for cd who is acting that way all of a sudden....

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel may not be better, but he might be a heck of a lot cheaper. And Denver doesn't need a world beater at qb, they just need a little bit of an upgrade from what Manning has become. That's not exactly a high bar to clear.

But if you really think Elway is about to pay $18-20 million a year for Osweiler, I'm afraid you haven't been paying much attention. If Elway has proven one thing since he's taken over, it's that he's not afraid to move on from a player that he thinks is asking for too much money.

What is the one position Elway took a huge gamble on by signing a guy people didn't even know if he could play anymore? The one position where he went 100% against his word of who would be the starter the following year because he knew he had to get the best talent at the position? One of his first moves there was upgrading at all costs (after claiming Tebow was their QB of the future), getting Peyton and adding Brock in the draft. Maybe Elway really thinks the QB position for the Bronco's is a really overrated position in football, and those that have had that job are just overpaid phonies. I doubt that though.

I think he will be paying 16-20. Low end tier starting QB pay for the best available QB in the league, one who knows and has had success with the system, and one who is hitting the open market.

I believe he realizes his team is going to take some losses on the defensive side and not be as good, and he may be losing some of his offensive weapons and will need a better playing QB again.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't say?!

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the one position Elway took a huge gamble on by signing a guy people didn't even know if he could play anymore? The one position where he went 100% against his word of who would be the starter the following year because he knew he had to get the best talent at the position? One of his first moves there was upgrading at all costs (after claiming Tebow was their QB of the future), getting Peyton and adding Brock in the draft. Maybe Elway really thinks the QB position for the Bronco's is a really overrated position in football, and those that have had that job are just overpaid phonies. I doubt that though.

I think he will be paying 16-20. Low end tier starting QB pay for the best available QB in the league, one who knows and has had success with the system, and one who is hitting the open market.

I believe he realizes his team is going to take some losses on the defensive side and not be as good, and he may be losing some of his offensive weapons and will need a better playing QB again.
It was pretty obvious Elway was never enamored with Tebow. In fact, I believe the switch to Tebow was done with the intention of the Broncos sucking it up and earning the number 1 pick so they could draft Luck. But that's just my theory.

Regardless, Elway has shown throughout his time in Denver that he will not overpay to keep someone. If Elway thinks Osweiler is worth that much money, he'll give it to him. Otherwise, Elway will let him walk and find someone else.