• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flacco signs contract extension

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute here. I had totally forgot that Flacco blew out his knee last year.

WTF were the Raven's thinking? They got a guy with a bum knee and they raked over the coals again?

Flacco has naked photos of Ozzie.

He's actually well above schedule in his rehab. Probably won't even miss any time in training camp. You're gonna let one bad injury take from away him having one of the longest consecutive start streak in league history? Guys been durable his whole career until this past season.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah saw that they said that Flacco has now received 2 contracts that were tops in the NFL when they were signed. They must see something in him that I don't. Since he signed this huge contract they have made the playoffs once if I remember right where before it was 5 straight years. He needs quality players around him to win.

Do you know a QB that don't need quality players around him to win ????
That's why Joe renegotiated because he wants to win and is accustomed to it...It was good for both sides...
He has more wins in his first 7 seasons than anyone in history, more road playoff wins also, 6 out of 8 playoff appearances and wins in all with a SB MVP win and matched the GOAT Montana with 11 TD's 0 INT's...
Everyone knows last yr was just bad luck, it certainly don't define who we are.. except to morons...
And then to add to all of this, I think it's safe to say that Ozzie and Company's belches know more about football and evaluating players than a bias butt hurt Bronco fan that hasn't seen their team win a SB in 18 yrs and only 3 in 50+.....
Take a breather son, and enjoy your streak of luck because you probably won't see it again for another 18 yrs...

Oh and good luck with Ose-Uh-Oh behind center this yr, this outta be a good yr for Professor OS to skin him some Bronco fans....Gitty Up !!!!:deadhorse:

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I do think Flacco is above average and has shown to make some big plays in big moments but like I said since he has been paid big money they have made the playoffs once. I don't think that is some crazy coincidence. The talent around him just isn't the same as those first 5 years.

Flacco's contract supposedly hurt the team but they were still able to:

Steal Dumervil from Denver and give him a new deal
Sign Pitta to a long term deal before his hip injuries
Sign and resign LB Daryl Smith
Sign Steve Smith in FA
Sign Monroe as their long term LT (which didn't turn out as well)
Sign CB Webb to a long term deal (see above)
Sign Marshall Yanda a long term deal
Resign Jimmy Smith to a long term deal

So they've been able to make moves the last few years. You also forget that Ray Rice and Ngata were released/traded and created a bunch of dead money on the team as well. Flacco's contract hasn't been the Ravens biggest problem the last 3 years.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me wins is the worst stat QB wise especially playoffs. I have said this before but a lot of Flacco's playoff wins had very little to do with him. I mean that would be like me saying that Manning should be MVP of the Super Bowl this past year. I mean just look at his first year in the playoffs where he got 2 of his wins. He had one game where he completed only 9 passes, had 0 touchdowns, and a QB rating below 60. The next game only 11 completions with the team winning 13-10. I would say the QB has very little to do with those 2 wins. The next year they beat NE with him going 4-10 for 34 yards and an interception...So tell me again why Flacco is this great playoff QB? Now I will say the last couple of years in the playoffs when they have made it he has done well. So I have no problem saying that he was a big part of winning games then and why I say that 4-game stretch really got him paid. I mean do you really think if that hail mary play against the Broncos falls incomplete and they lose that game that he becomes the highest paid QB in the league? I would say he would have been lucky to get top-8 money at that point.

What the hell are you talking about? He was lights out in 2012 and was the biggest reason he wo the Super Bowl. Flacco's an enigma. Everyone sees bad Flacco but when he's feeling it he can sling it with the best of them. I don't know what to make of him. Some games he's impaling receivers between the numbers and some games everything is 5 feet over their head. But when he's on he's on and he's proven he can take a team to the promised land with his arm.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know a QB that don't need quality players around him to win ????
That's why Joe renegotiated because he wants to win and is accustomed to it...It was good for both sides...
He has more wins in his first 7 seasons than anyone in history, more road playoff wins also, 6 out of 8 playoff appearances and wins in all with a SB MVP win and matched the GOAT Montana with 11 TD's 0 INT's...
Everyone knows last yr was just bad luck, it certainly don't define who we are.. except to morons...
And then to add to all of this, I think it's safe to say that Ozzie and Company's belches know more about football and evaluating players than a bias butt hurt Bronco fan that hasn't seen their team win a SB in 18 yrs and only 3 in 50+.....
Take a breather son, and enjoy your streak of luck because you probably won't see it again for another 18 yrs...

Oh and good luck with Ose-Uh-Oh behind center this yr, this outta be a good yr for Professor OS to skin him some Bronco fans....Gitty Up !!!!:deadhorse:

Wow didn't think my post would get you so upset. Calm down man. It is just my opinion. No reason to go postal. I haven't seen the final numbers of the contract so my opinion can change when I see those. When I see that it is supposed to be the biggest contract in the NFL so far yeah it peaks my interest considering he has struggled to be a top-10 QB most years. Again when I look at his numbers and I look at his record what I see is he has had a great team around him for most of his career that has helped him win games. Yes there are QB's out there that do more to impact the game than him so him being the highest paid player in the league at least to me seems a bit out of whack. Like I said since he got his big contract they have only made the playoffs once. We have seen that with a lot of other high priced QB's that when they get the big contract the team really struggles. Heck Manning this past year was the highest percentage a QB has ever taken up of the Cap and actually won a Super Bowl.

Now maybe they bounce back and do just fine with him under this contract and maybe they have this deal so backloaded that he will never see but half the money. Seen plenty of contracts built that way so wouldn't surprise me and maybe it is more team friendly than what has been let on so far. Just have to see.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell are you talking about? He was lights out in 2012 and was the biggest reason he wo the Super Bowl. Flacco's an enigma. Everyone sees bad Flacco but when he's feeling it he can sling it with the best of them. I don't know what to make of him. Some games he's impaling receivers between the numbers and some games everything is 5 feet over their head. But when he's on he's on and he's proven he can take a team to the promised land with his arm.

Did you miss the word "A lot" in the part you highlighted? I said that he had some good playoff games the last 2 times they have made the playoffs. He had a couple of years where he was average. And those first 2 years where he got some of his wins he was down right terrible. I mean we are talking Tebow numbers with going 4-10 with 1 interception for 34 yards type game. Yet they still won. That is why I am saying his playoff record can be deceiving. He had great teams around him those first few years that really helped in getting some of those playoff wins. Heck I would say the same thing about Brady. 2001 when they won the Super Bowl for the first time Brady had 1 touchdown pass in 3 games. They next year he didn't have a QB Rating over 77 until the Super Bowl. So while he had a good game in that Super Bowl the other 5 wins I would say Brady wasn't the greatest contributor to actually having won the games other than he was just asked to be a game manager and try not to turn the ball over. Defense and a good running game I would say were bigger contributors to them winning those first 2 Super Bowls. Now 2004 yeah I would say Brady was a huge part of why they won. Just like I would say Flacco in 2012 was a huge contributor.

That to me is why the wins/losses stat is just kind of bogus. There are games where Flacco and Brady played well and the team lost. I mean the 2011 playoffs for Brady in the Super Bowl he had a pretty good game yet they lost. Just like in 2014 Flacco had a very good game against the Patriots yet they lost.

At least for me right now when I watch Flacco play I see a pretty good QB just not a great QB. I see him though getting paid like he is a top-5 QB and so far in his career I just don't see that. You can look at wins and say different but to me I just like to look at the full picture.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow didn't think my post would get you so upset. Calm down man. It is just my opinion. No reason to go postal. I haven't seen the final numbers of the contract so my opinion can change when I see those. When I see that it is supposed to be the biggest contract in the NFL so far yeah it peaks my interest considering he has struggled to be a top-10 QB most years. Again when I look at his numbers and I look at his record what I see is he has had a great team around him for most of his career that has helped him win games. Yes there are QB's out there that do more to impact the game than him so him being the highest paid player in the league at least to me seems a bit out of whack. Like I said since he got his big contract they have only made the playoffs once. We have seen that with a lot of other high priced QB's that when they get the big contract the team really struggles. Heck Manning this past year was the highest percentage a QB has ever taken up of the Cap and actually won a Super Bowl.

Now maybe they bounce back and do just fine with him under this contract and maybe they have this deal so backloaded that he will never see but half the money. Seen plenty of contracts built that way so wouldn't surprise me and maybe it is more team friendly than what has been let on so far. Just have to see.

I don't get upset at peons on a sports board, i just used to think you had a level head but as it turns out you're just another stupid homer that their team finally won something they shouldn't have and all of sudden, you're an expert on QB's....I'll bet you was a Tebow supporter when he was there too, but you'll lie and deny....
Fact is Joe is better than any qb the Donkeys have had since Elway, albeit PM was broken down when he got there...ala 43-8 slap a Ho beating by Seattle in SB48....They shouldn't have even been there....
But hey keep on humming little man, will make this seasons breakdown of your donkeys all the sweeter...
And guess who's crashing your party !!!!
Because....

7681.jpg

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get upset at peons on a sports board, i just used to think you had a level head but as it turns out you're just another stupid homer that their team finally won something they shouldn't have and all of sudden, you're an expert on QB's....I'll bet you was a Tebow supporter when he was there too, but you'll lie and deny....
Fact is Joe is better than any qb the Donkeys have had since Elway, albeit PM was broken down when he got there...ala 43-8 slap a Ho beating by Seattle in SB48....They shouldn't have even been there....
But hey keep on humming little man, will make this seasons breakdown of your donkeys all the sweeter...
And guess who's crashing your party !!!!
Because....

View attachment 93947

Hmmmm Joe is better than Manning who was voted MVP in 2013 and broke just about every single regular season record there is for QB...and now who is being the Homer? Sheesh I didn't realize this was the board where only people who agree with you know anything about football. Why aren't you coaching in the NFL if you know everything there is to know about the game and anybody who would even remotely disagree with you should be ashamed of having such an opinion? Did I cheer for Tebow when he was here...Of Course! I cheer for every player who plays on the Broncos...Did I think he was the long-term solution...of course not. He definitely brought about some great memories though in his time here with some wins that just should not have happened. You can talk to just about any Bronco fan and they will say they enjoyed watching that season but we all knew that it was on the fluke side and was unsustainable.

Go ahead and predict the Broncos collapse. I have no problem admitting that the Broncos could very well collapse. I mean just look at the Ravens after they won the Super Bowl in 2012. Didn't make the playoffs the next year and have had a losing record since that season. I mean if anybody understands a team struggling after winning a Super Bowl it would be you. Listen I am enjoying this off season and I do see that the Broncos have a ton of question marks. I really have no issues with that. I have no idea what to expect of the Broncos this next season. You though seem to be venturing into the Tgann way of thinking that there is no way your team could ever fail. You are saying the exact same things he said last off season before well we saw what happened and he just couldn't handle it. Would hate to see you abandon the board as well if it happens again.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also just so you know "The Rock" is a huge Broncos fan. So yes he is very impressed with the Broncos and what they are doing.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also just so you know "The Rock" is a huge Broncos fan. So yes he is very impressed with the Broncos and what they are doing.

Right horse, wrong uniform color.

ByZFOAdIQAAwhLc.jpg

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... their team finally won something they shouldn't have

Denver won its third league title this year. Only six NFL teams have won more SBs and Baltimore isn't one of those teams.

And how do you figure that Denver "shouldn't have" won this year?

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm Joe is better than Manning who was voted MVP in 2013 and broke just about every single regular season record there is for QB...and now who is being the Homer? Sheesh I didn't realize this was the board where only people who agree with you know anything about football. Why aren't you coaching in the NFL if you know everything there is to know about the game and anybody who would even remotely disagree with you should be ashamed of having such an opinion? Did I cheer for Tebow when he was here...Of Course! I cheer for every player who plays on the Broncos...Did I think he was the long-term solution...of course not. He definitely brought about some great memories though in his time here with some wins that just should not have happened. You can talk to just about any Bronco fan and they will say they enjoyed watching that season but we all knew that it was on the fluke side and was unsustainable.

Go ahead and predict the Broncos collapse. I have no problem admitting that the Broncos could very well collapse. I mean just look at the Ravens after they won the Super Bowl in 2012. Didn't make the playoffs the next year and have had a losing record since that season. I mean if anybody understands a team struggling after winning a Super Bowl it would be you. Listen I am enjoying this off season and I do see that the Broncos have a ton of question marks. I really have no issues with that. I have no idea what to expect of the Broncos this next season. You though seem to be venturing into the Tgann way of thinking that there is no way your team could ever fail. You are saying the exact same things he said last off season before well we saw what happened and he just couldn't handle it. Would hate to see you abandon the board as well if it happens again.

Seahawks 43 PM's Denver Donkeys 8....keep your voting, everyone else will take the Lombardi....
And by the way, who sent him home the yr before on the way to SB 47 MVP....Yep Mo Joe did !!!
And the Rock lied, it was all PR....
I'll wait for the collapse, it's already in the making.....Brock at qb with no 40 yr old PM to save his butt...
Oh this is gonna be sweet....:pound:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver won its third league title this year. Only six NFL teams have won more SBs and Baltimore isn't one of those teams.

And how do you figure that Denver "shouldn't have" won this year?

A broken down PM and a back up qb that had to be saved by the old broken down one.....That's why !!!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A broken down PM and a back up qb that had to be saved by the old broken down one.....That's why !!!

That's weak reasoning. QBs don't win games. Teams win games. Scoreboard.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah saw that they said that Flacco has now received 2 contracts that were tops in the NFL when they were signed. They must see something in him that I don't. Since he signed this huge contract they have made the playoffs once if I remember right where before it was 5 straight years. He needs quality players around him to win.

This. He isn't making offensive players around him better.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know what I posted. Called a "fact". You think that QB play is more important than the score of a football game? Perhaps you're thinking of figure skating, where points are awarded for style. Very ignorant to claim that Denver "shouldn't have won the SB". Equally ignorant to claim that Denver "finally won something", since the Broncos have now won three league titles.