• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Elway

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell did Elway go to 5 Super Bowls as a player and 2 as a GM and win 3

Elway and the Logo might be the only two ppl on earth do accomplish that

And the 98 yard bitch slap to the Dog Pound was fun to watch.

Matt Staford has carried how many teams to the Super Bowl?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell did Elway go to 5 Super Bowls as a player and 2 as a GM and win 3

Elway and the Logo might be the only two ppl on earth do accomplish that

And the 98 yard bitch slap to the Dog Pound was fun to watch.

Matt Staford has carried how many teams to the Super Bowl?

Nobody is arguing that Elway's team had more success. Kudos to the Broncos gm for adding enough talent to win with a QB who is statistically worse than Stafford in every single stat.

Who know, maybe in year 14 of Stafford's career Lions will also become horrible cheaters and everyone will forget his career to that point.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Stafford comparison is harsh. Let's check another QB

upload_2017-12-21_13-20-27.png

There we go Elway was SLIGHTLY better than Alex Smith.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is arguing that Elway's team had more success. Kudos to the Broncos gm for adding enough talent to win with a QB who is statistically worse than Stafford in every single stat.

Who know, maybe in year 14 of Stafford's career Lions will also become horrible cheaters and everyone will forget his career to that point.

Who knows in year 14 Stafford might win his first playoff game.

Stafford is a loser sub .500 record in 9 years

Heck Stafford is probably not even the best professional athlete from his high school class.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't give this guy or gal the time of day on this topic. This is just silly talk.

It was fun yesterday. Now people are just saying stuff for fun..

Gotta remember... What time of the year is it? Christmas time!!! Middle school kids are on Christmas vacation and bored with nothing to do at home.

Also don't see the need to even debate the topic. Fact is he won us 2 Super Bowls as our starting QB, AFC West Champions multiple times, 5 total Super Bowls. That is all that is really important to me. Doesn't matter what he is "rated" in the eye of another. He did what he did and we know what he did for this team as a player, and now a 3rd SB ring as a GM.

Remind me how many Super Bowls have the Browns and Lions combined for?

Oh, yeah... Mic drop!

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heck Stafford is probably not even the best professional athlete from his high school class.

I agree with you that Elway was on better teams, I am just unsure what that has to do with his individual production. I fail to see what one of the all time great defenses and TD has to do with Elways skill.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess why Stafford wore #7 in college at Georgia?

Because his idol is John Elway...

Guess who wears #9 because Matthew Stafford is their idol?
- Nobody -

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you that Elway was on better teams, I am just unsure what that has to do with his individual production. I fail to see what one of the all time great defenses and TD has to do with Elways skill.

Then you just don't understand how the game of football goes.. It's ok.. Not a lot of people do.. You will learn the more you watch...

Good players around each other make each other better. It goes both ways. Common sense. If you ever played a game of football you would know that.

When you get in 7th grade football might start to make a little more sense to you.

Last edited:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you just don't understand how the game of football goes.. It's ok.. Not a lot of people do.. You will learn the more you watch...

Good players around each other make each other better. It goes both ways. Common sense. If you ever played a game of football you would know that.

When you get in 7th grade football might start to make a little more sense to you.

This explains why everyone is always talking about how elite Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer are!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This explains why everyone is always talking about how elite Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer are!

???

Not sure who you talk to but sounds like they need some work in the old football IQ department.

You really just put Elway in the same level as Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer aye?

This is getting better and better.

What's next Tom Brady is overrated because he has Gronk and took air out of the football?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

Not sure who you talk to but sounds like they need some work in the old football IQ department.

Well I am in the 7th grade.........

I get that all that I have to stand on is actual statistics and player comparisons, I see that it can not compare to your perceived intangibles and infinite knowledge gained from your high school football days. Somehow the fact that you can take almost any middling QB(Stafford Included) and compare them side by side with Elway and it is open for debate who is better shows where Elway really ranks all time.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this even a conversation?

Trolls gonna troll folks. Quit feeding them, they just shit everywhere.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you rank players off stats I suppose. Is that how you compare players?

If you do want to go the stat route which is an awful way to rate/rank a player.

You do realize Stafford and Elway played an entire different area pass vs run. Stafford playing from behind over half his playing career with one of the worst run games in the NFL.

You forgot the most important stats too.. Super Bowl wins, playoff victories, conference championships.
I love how a person comparing two QB's greatness on stats fails to acknowledge super bowls/wins, etc. The most important stat of them all. Don't even act like Elway was a Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson managing the game to get his team to the Super Bowl... Your family members don't even have your back on that one.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I t

Guessing this guy is bored on xmas break from school like I am at work. Pretty sure he is just kidding and bored anyway, but it is still fun to role play.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I t

Guessing this guy is bored on xmas break from school like I am at work. Pretty sure he is just kidding and bored anyway, but it is still fun to role play.

Do that with Springstein and OC, not on the boards. ;)

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Elway will bring Cousins in next year.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I am in the 7th grade.........

I get that all that I have to stand on is actual statistics and player comparisons, I see that it can not compare to your perceived intangibles and infinite knowledge gained from your high school football days. Somehow the fact that you can take almost any middling QB(Stafford Included) and compare them side by side with Elway and it is open for debate who is better shows where Elway really ranks all time.
You are using the wrong stat. QBs are judge on Super Bowls wins , playoff wins and reg season wins. There is a reason why the NFL keeps win/loss records for QBs right? When was the last time you saw a win/loss record for a TE?