• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Elway

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t take him. He had a good year and made some NFL throws that I didn’t see previously. He isn’t fast enough to be an NFL scrambler. Like most college players, didn’t play in a pros style O. But add that to concerns of his height, probably <6’, and his “personality” - that’s just too many flags for me in a top 10 selection.

Frankly as an OU fan, I hope I’m wrong.

Spot on I also wonder about him in bad weather stadiums. Does he have the arm strength to deliver in those conditions.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An insider on NFL Network thinks Eway may try to trade for Alex Smith nd draft a QB to be his replacement in 2-3 seasons.

Are the Chiefs tagging him after draft Mahomes in round 1?

Because Smith is a free agent, so not sure we would have to "trade" for him. Smith makes sense here though. Was thinking last night. I am surprised more people don't talk about Smith as an option for Denver.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest issue with Mayfield other then him being a turd is the way he throws the ball deep across the field. That works often in college but get into the NFL and that is going to be a pick more times than not. I really question him as a decision maker, combined with height and maturity. Not many short QB's have had great success in the NFL.. (Brees), and I don't think we can afford to get a first rd QB pick wrong which happens more times then not.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,876.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest issue with Mayfield other then him being a turd is the way he throws the ball deep across the field. That works often in college but get into the NFL and that is going to be a pick more times than not. I really question him as a decision maker, combined with height and maturity. Not many short QB's have had great success in the NFL.. (Brees), and I don't think we can afford to get a first rd QB pick wrong which happens more times then not.

You add in the thought that Brees was a bust pick ..in a way if you think about what he did in SD.

His last years was kind of alright but Riveers was drafted for a reason .

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recently quoted. Three main takeaways:
  1. No coaching changes through the rest of the season.
  2. Embarrassed by the play of the Broncos.
  3. Vowing to fix it going forward.
I think John Elway has earned the right to fix the problem that he was a big part of creating. Five division championships, two Super Bowl appearances and one Super Bowl win gives him that right, IMO.

I think he appeared in 5 SBs and won 2.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How good really is this defense? I mean the ST laid down a perfect punt and pinned
Washington deep and they then let Cousins go 90 For a FG which was a 6 point swing.

Roby last game phoned it in.

Not sure Denver should go for Cousins if this D is not really good
Maybe draft a QB and just play him see how and progresses this year
If it look promising keep Miller in 19 otherwise trade him though trading him in 18 you get a better haul

Im not sure what direction to go

5 times in Washington territory and 3 points

Cousins had 10 QB hits and threw for 3 TDs

Love cousins

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D is good, but we really went down in sacks and INT's this year off the top of my head. Maybe I am wrong but seems like we had a lot less of those this year then the last few years.

That combined with blown assignments are the biggest issues on the D. I don't recall as many blown assignments as we had this year since the last few years of the Shanny era.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had dinner with an NFL coach a few weeks ago, and he was super high on Denver’s defense. When someone at the table mentioned that he didn’t think they had played as well this year, the coach said that it’s impossible to overstate how demoralizing it is for a defense to play well when the offense is so terrible. Having to keep coming back on the field after another turnover or a quick three and out becomes wearing mentally as well as physically.

Anyway, that was his take...

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How good really is this defense? I mean the ST laid down a perfect punt and pinned
Washington deep and they then let Cousins go 90 For a FG which was a 6 point swing.

Roby last game phoned it in.

Not sure Denver should go for Cousins if this D is not really good
Maybe draft a QB and just play him see how and progresses this year
If it look promising keep Miller in 19 otherwise trade him though trading him in 18 you get a better haul

Im not sure what direction to go

5 times in Washington territory and 3 points

Cousins had 10 QB hits and threw for 3 TDs

Love cousins

I don't want Cousins WHY

1. HC staff doesn't seem like it longterm crew its year to year. We need to find a longterm solution here first
2. If we cut Talib I like Roby but, he isn't our 2nd best player like Talib is.

3. We are not as good roster wise like we were when we brought in PFM

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive said it all along. I hate the idea of cutting a pro bowl top CB in Talib. Those don't grow on trees. Unless he gets in trouble again, but hard to find great QB's, LT's pass rushers and top CB's. I understand it's a money thing but I would try to keep him as much as possible at least through next year.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had dinner with an NFL coach a few weeks ago, and he was super high on Denver’s defense. When someone at the table mentioned that he didn’t think they had played as well this year, the coach said that it’s impossible to overstate how demoralizing it is for a defense to play well when the offense is so terrible. Having to keep coming back on the field after another turnover or a quick three and out becomes wearing mentally as well as physically.

Anyway, that was his take...
Thanks Geo. You can never really know but I'll use the premise that this D is elite
Teddy is interesting but will Vikings let him go? I could get behind Bridgewater

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Cousins WHY

1. HC staff doesn't seem like it longterm crew its year to year. We need to find a longterm solution here first
2. If we cut Talib I like Roby but, he isn't our 2nd best player like Talib is.

Give me a plan assume Talib is gone in 2019.
A sub 9 win season in 18 will be another wasted year for this defense.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure about that. Remember, we signed Manning the year before that big FA haul with Manny, Ware, Talib and Ward. Manning actually helped recruit some of those guys.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a plan assume Talib is gone in 2019.
A sub 9 win season in 18 will be another wasted year for this defense.

Unless your in AFCCG at minimum your wasting this D. 9-10 win seasons and one and done's are still wasting the D. If JE brings in Cousins so be it I wouldn't but, that'a me. I think we have huge flaws besides QB to solve. I'm not against a FA QB just not the highest $$$ one with a staff that looks lost most of the time.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure about that. Remember, we signed Manning the year before that big FA haul with Manny, Ware, Talib and Ward. Manning actually helped recruit some of those guys.

Does Cousins have that much cred like PFM did? :)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless your in AFCCG at minimum your wasting this D. 9-10 win seasons and one and done's are still wasting the D. If JE brings in Cousins so be it I wouldn't but, that'a me. I think we have huge flaws besides QB to solve. I'm not against a FA QB just not the highest $$$ one with a staff that looks lost most of the time.
No , once you get into the playoffs, this Denvers D , if still good , can go the distance if the offense can play a complentary part.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Cousins have that much cred like PFM did? :)
Not at all, but I'm not so sure the roster right now is any better than it was the year before Manning. Although, we did make the playoffs with Tebow at QB, so maybe it was a little better, but not much.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all, but I'm not so sure the roster right now is any better than it was the year before Manning. Although, we did make the playoffs with Tebow at QB, so maybe it was a little better, but not much.

We had Jackson and better ILB's and Ware, Ward, Wade :). So Cousins and this staff has to sell Denver to FA's we'll see. Thanks for debate :)