• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Elway

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things.

1. There are 4 teams ahead of us not 3.
2. I doubt the Colts go QB. Brissett was a decent QB and they won't really know about Luck's recovery until close to season time. Guessing they go another route and hope Luck recovers well. Brissett can start in the NFL. He wasn't the issue last year.
3. I could easily see 3 QB's go before our pick when all is said and done. Teams will be trying to trade up also.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things.

1. There are 4 teams ahead of us not 3.
2. I doubt the Colts go QB. Brissett was a decent QB and they won't really know about Luck's recovery until close to season time. Guessing they go another route and hope Luck recovers well. Brissett can start in the NFL. He wasn't the issue last year.
3. I could easily see 3 QB's go before our pick when all is said and done. Teams will be trying to trade up also.

Maybe Clev takes Barley #1 and a QB at #4 with enough ammo to get from #4 to #3 if Indy would trade out of #3 if Barkley is one.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably depends on how they evaluate the QB's if they like one way above the others then probably not as they don't wanna lose out on "their QB",

Most teams fall in love with a QB if they need one so I think they go QB all the way at #1.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"In college you can be a kid" - John Elway

This has to be a direct reference at Paxton and lack of maturity when it comes to being a NFL QB.
This was my primary issue with Lynch. Not taking the job as seriously as he needed. Hopefully he can grow this year.

VJ - "I did a poor job coaching the coaches and a few rooms needed a culture change"

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes you wonder if immaturity was something Elway missed during the draft process or he was aware and overlooked it?

Or is it an excuse for him as to why he failed with Paxton?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes you wonder if immaturity was something Elway missed during the draft process or he was aware and overlooked it?

Or is it an excuse for him as to why he failed with Paxton?
I honestly believe it was Leigh Steinberg his agent who coached him
Same agent for Ryan Leaf
Or somehow this organization can't get the rigth questions answered
NE seems to have a formula for selecting QBs

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Mallett didn't turn out well for New England.

But yeah, some teams are just better then others and there is always a little luck involved either. There are some things you cannot predict or find in a scouting report. People change, things change, systems change, coaching changes. Yada yada yada