• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Elway

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s baffling is Elway’s incompetence when evaluating offensive talent in the draft. Way too many misses there. We drafted D. Walker over Kamara.

That's a great question. What process did they go through to determine that D. Walker was the need or BPA over another need to add juice to the offense. This is the type of self evaluation Elway and Co need to go through. Hopefully they video taped the draft discussions to review the thought processes and evaluation .

We would be singing Elway's praises if he had drafted Ramczyk and Kamaura.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't remind me of passing on Kamara... A perfect fit for what we needed on offense.

But that will happen every year to every team.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people need to realize though, nobody is saying the Ravens are "GREAT", we're just simply saying they aren't a good example of a "step above garbage" comment. Historically the Ravens have been a pretty good franchise since Cleveland moved their in terms of W/L... I do feel it might be time for a change there as they appear to be stuck in a standstill right now with the team. They also seem to be 1 of about 3 teams that year in and year out cannot stay healthy and overpaid an average QB top tier money. Rahim Moore should get some of that salary. ;)

The Ravens are far from a garbage franchise.
Oh yeah... they are by no means a "garbage franchise". I was just saying that Ozzie could be on his way out in Baltimore. I think they definitely need a coaching change, but not sure they need to clean out the front office. But you know the NFL. What have you done for me lately? If Ozzie gets let go, I don't think he would have a problem finding work somewhere else.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Baltimore fans are sort of spoiled anyway. I think they get worried after seeing the Orioles suffer through 15 years of non-relevance, so they get worried about the Ravens. But the difference in ownership between the two Baltimore teams is night and day almost. I doubt the Ravens would ever get near the point that the Orioles got to. Plus, football has much more parity and is much easier to "rebuild" in football with the salary cap and even the floor.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
General Question

Fans want Elway fired (I don't) can you really do it with ownership in flux for next 5 yrs til Bowlen family actually take over

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
General Question

Fans want Elway fired (I don't) can you really do it with ownership in flux for next 5 yrs til Bowlen family actually take over

There is a 3 person trust, Joe Ellis and 2 other lawyer types who are in charge of selecting the next Bowlen to run the Broncos. Really two sisters from different mothers are the front runners. Beth 40ish from Pat's first marriage and Brittney 20ish from Pat's 2nd marriage. There is no timetable to select the successor.

Eliis just gave Elway a new contract I doubt he or the trust would fire Elway after one bad season.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a 3 person trust, Joe Ellis and 2 other lawyer types who are in charge of selecting the next Bowlen to run the Broncos. Really two sisters from different mothers are the front runners. Beth 40ish from Pat's first marriage and Brittney 20ish from Pat's 2nd marriage. There is no timetable to select the successor.

Eliis just gave Elway a new contract I doubt he or the trust would fire Elway after one bad season.

Thanks Chris

The reason I brought it up was watching 9news sports and Rod asked Klis about Roger contract. He said, its good because Roger understands Pat's situation. He felt it would be 5 yrs before successor would be named.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Chris

The reason I brought it up was watching 9news sports and Rod asked Klis about Roger contract. He said, its good because Roger understands Pat's situation. He felt it would be 5 yrs before successor would be named.
Right now the NFL is not putting any pressure on the Broncos to make a decision
Not having pat around has hurt the team when times are tough like this year

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Elway will do one of each. Draft one and bring in a free agent vet. Covering all angles, if you will.
It was a poor coaching hire by him and he did nothing to address the QB situation.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a poor coaching hire by him and he did nothing to address the QB situation.
He did use two draft picks (a 3rd and a 1st) on Lynch. He did something, just appears it wasn’t the right something...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did use two draft picks (a 3rd and a 1st) on Lynch. He did something, just appears it wasn’t the right something...
Time for a new GM.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can understand the QB situation though. He was hoping Paxton would step up and show something he didn't

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for a new GM.

A popular sentiment from observers who don't follow the team very closely. However, it's laughable in my opinion. The Broncos won a Super Bowl 2 years ago, made it to a Super Bowl 4 years ago and won the division for five years straight. Yes, many point to Peyton Manning as the reason but don't forget who was the architect of getting Manning to Denver and was also instrumental in bringing in Ware, Ward, Sanders and Talib. He also got Chris Harris Jr and Derek Wolfe to sign hometown deals along the way.

Elway just extended his contract earlier this year, so he's not going anywhere for awhile. He's a sports hero and icon in this town. Most definitely this season has taken a hit to his reputation but the Broncos are not parting ways with Elway in the near future. It's more likely that John would step down if he believes he no longer has the competitive drive and/or skills to get the job done. He's all Denver Broncos through and through.

If NFL teams fired their GM every time they had a down year, GM's would average about 1.5 years in the job.

If the Broncos lose out the rest of this season and come in well below .500 next year, then you may be onto something that will gain steam quickly. However and for now, the notion of Elway getting fired is again....laughable.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add and as many others have pointed out. His draft record is not good and must improve starting in 2018 if he's going to be the head football mind for the long term.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame Ted Cruz's dad

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think Elway tried to get this coaches on the cheap.
Let Wade go and pay guys who we're still on the payroll of other teams
Seems like an Elway thing to do and backfired with McCoy

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think Elway tried to get this coaches on the cheap.
Let Wade go and pay guys who we're still on the payroll of other teams
Seems like an Elway thing to do and backfired with McCoy

I sorta thought about that when we let Wade walk without offering him more cash and then hired a first year HC. I also sorta wondered if it was one of those things where Elway wanted "CONTROL" and didn't butt heads with a veteran coach who was set in their way???

I've heard a lot of people in the football world mention to me that people don't like Elway... But that is nothing new with a boss. You don't have to like your boss if you work well together, then again hard to work well with a boss that you don't like too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoops...I thought this was regarding him as a player or one of the most overrated QB’s of all-time

giphy.gif

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Browns fan calling him overrated? Get up on outta here...

#Bitter
#Playoffs
#OwnedtheBrowns

:)