• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles post game

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he would have been crucified had he went for it and failed probably.he had the eagles defense gassed and would have probably made it though.defense played like crap and the eagles had no problem moving down the field in kicking the winning fg. i would have preffered going for the win,but i,m just a fan watching the game.rr has to deal with the game,s aftereffects.i don,t.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton’s rationale boils down to “RR says they were gassed, and Howell is too young to ‘have the conversation with RR (that might lead to going for it)’ so thats why they shouldnt have gone for it.”

Essentially: “I believe RR.”

Fuck that.

When you play with house money against a super bowl caliber team and have a 50% chance to steal a win, then “Riverboat Ron,” should have gone for it, especially since he’s gone for it on any number of occasions for no reason whatsoever.

His defense wasnt playing well, and his offense had just had an inconsistent second half, but had just pulled out a clutch drive ending with a beautiful play to Dotson.

A win against the ughles would have done significantly more for the confidence of the team (that “needs to learn how to win”) than a loss would have hurt them in that situation.

He had all the momentum.

Robinson wasnt getting stuffed.

The Sheagles were missing most of their secondary.

He should have isolated Scary Terry on whatever scrub the eagles trotted out, ran a razor sharp slant, and zipped it in there for the win.
Lol I remember when the Seahawks beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl because 2 yard plays are gimmees...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he would have been crucified had he went for it and failed probably.he had the eagles defense gassed and would have probably made it though.defense played like crap and the eagles had no problem moving down the field in kicking the winning fg. i would have preffered going for the win,but i,m just a fan watching the game.rr has to deal with the game,s aftereffects.i don,t.
You had the ball in OT!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see both ways, if we would’ve went for 2 and didn’t get it..y’all would be calling for Ron Rivera to be fired that’s why a part of me didn’t mind him kicking the extra point. Now if anything I wish Ron Rivera wouldn’t have said anything about them being gassed cause wasn’t the Eagles gassed
No, the Eagles rotate the Dline. You'd have a gassed guard going up against a fresh DT.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I remember when the Seahawks beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl because 2 yard plays are gimmees...

So one bad play from 10 years ago should inform this decision?

As I wrote, a win would have been worth more than the cost of losing in that situation for this team.

Nobody expect Howell to march down the field in 1:20 and score the game tying td. Might as well have let him add to his case as a franchise qb by isolating TM who the eagles couldnt cover and taking their shot.

The iggles didnt play for a tie when they threw deep to AJ Brown either. They went for the win

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As I wrote, a win would have been worth more than the cost of losing in that situation for this team.

Nobody expect Howell to march down the field in 1:20 and score the game tying td. Might as well have let him add to his case as a franchise qb by isolating TM who the eagles couldnt cover and taking their shot.

The iggles didnt play for a tie when they threw deep to AJ Brown either. They went for the win
You have it backwards. Ron tells the team I believe in you by going into OT. He tells his team "we need to take stupid chances" by going for it.

The Brown TD was kind of dumb. Sirianni had to defend himself on that one. Possession matters most and the week before we ran for ten minutes to seal the win.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That deep pass to Brown nearly cost them the game. Regardless of what Ron did that was idiotic on the Eagles part.

I was sitting in my chair slupmed looking at that one available timeout on the screen. When Brown scored me and my brother both sat up out of our chairs and said "OKAY!" WE GOT THIS.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe his choice was wrong. His choice meant to the offense go score in OT and to the defense go get a stop to win. He chose his whole team over one play. The players have to respect that! Plus, we had no Timeout to talk about the 2 point try so the play would have been rushed.

I understand where you are coming from, going for 2 would have shown huge balls. Maybe RR chose the safe route b/c of his future coaching situation with this team. I don't know, but to fault RR for going to OT doesn't make sense to me. We showed that we can play with the best in the NFC.
Maybe he should have gone for 2. After all, his job is on the line and W-L will dictate that.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is our team "gassed" anyways? Do some conditioning every week then.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he should have gone for 2. After all, his job is on the line and W-L will dictate that.

I don't fault RR kicking the XP that's all im saying.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really is no right or wrong. Its a decision. My gripe is with those that are killing Ron today knowing they would have killed him if he went for it and didnt get it. They are out there and im calling bullshit on them. Thats all.

No doubt there are some but those on here mostly would not have.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe his choice was wrong. His choice meant to the offense go score in OT and to the defense go get a stop to win. He chose his whole team over one play. The players have to respect that! Plus, we had no Timeout to talk about the 2 point try so the play would have been rushed.

I understand where you are coming from, going for 2 would have shown huge balls. Maybe RR chose the safe route b/c of his future coaching situation with this team. I don't know, but to fault RR for going to OT doesn't make sense to me. We showed that we can play with the best in the NFC.

Actually, going for two is the easier call because it is easier to defend the decision. I have shown statistically why going for one is a bad call.

If the coach doesn’t have a play in mind already, it is bad coaching. No timeout is not important.

It is not the safe route. It is the dumb route. Can you imagine if Slye had missed the XP which is done 10%? We showed we can lose to the best in the NFC.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, going for two is the easier call because it is easier to defend the decision. I have shown statistically why going for one is a bad call.

If the coach doesn’t have a play in mind already, it is bad coaching. No timeout is not important.

It is not the safe route. It is the dumb route. Can you imagine if Slye had missed the XP which is done 10%? We showed we can lose to the best in the NFC.
Dean is going to argue and defend rivera until the cows come home.
Rivera could have overidden EB and run a triple reverse on our 1 yard line and dean would defend the decision.
It's silly at this point.
Rivera makes good decisions and he makes bad decisions. He has done some good things here, and he has done some awful things here. Even I can admit that he has made some positive changes.
Dean wants Rivera here for another 10 years and will spin each game, each comment, each draft pick, and each free agent decision as such.
I have never seen anything like it in the Hoop.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean is going to argue and defend rivera until the cows come home.
Rivera could have overidden EB and run a triple reverse on our 1 yard line and dean would defend the decision.
It's silly at this point.
Rivera makes good decisions and he makes bad decisions. He has done some good things here, and he has done some awful things here. Even I can admit that he has made some positive changes.
Dean wants Rivera here for another 10 years and will spin each game, each comment, each draft pick, and each free agent decision as such.
I have never seen anything like it in the Hoop.

not at all. went against RR on coaching decisions plenty of times.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure there was a chance slye could miss the XP. No doubt. Calling going to overtime dumb is ridiculous. I already put my reasoning up. Its not defending RR either.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We had the momentum, just drove down the field, everyone was gassed. Win or lose design something for Tmac or BRob and go for it. I guess Riverboat no more!

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not at all. went against RR on coaching decisions plenty of times.
I believe you, but you across as blindly supporting Rivera in almost all cases.

I think he should have gone for the XP for the record. I think the correct call was made, but i understand the reason to go for 2. It appears going for 2 might have won the game.