• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles post game

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he understands the pain of the fan base he,d been long gone.he,s probably getting this year cause he can,t find a good canidate to replace him. i ,d take eb at this point over anybody else.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked that rivers was let go. I don't know 76er basketball inside and out but I was surprised to say the least. As I said, the 76ers were third in the East but lost in the 2nd round.
I agree with Dean that the nba is not the nfl.
I will say that the nfl is inching closer to the nba with adding more post season slots. Half of the nba and NHL make the playoffs, the nfl is not quite half, but getting close.
If harris signed off on doc getting the boot, that tells me he expects results.
Furthermore, I believe that Elton brand is the GM. He is fairly young (early 40s) and appears to be very efficient.

Hopefully, this philosophy spills over to the commanders.
1. Young GM
2. No tolerance for losing

While only 1 team wins each year, the 76ers were picked to go to the East Coast finals by many. They got annihilated in game 2 and blown out in game 7. That must have been too much for harris and brand. Any 76er fans here who can address what really happened?

For the record, I wish the wizards would have hired doc. That is for another thread...sigh
Brand is the GM in name only. Morey is president of basketball operations and makes all the decisions. Harden and Morey have fallen out. Thats why Harden wants out.

Doc got fired because he was underachieving. 76ers have Embid, Harden and cant get out of the East.

Just wanted to add some context.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brand is the GM in name only. Morey is president of basketball operations and makes all the decisions. Harden and Morey have fallen out. Thats why Harden wants out.

Doc got fired because he was underachieving. 76ers have Embid, Harden and cant get out of the East.

Just wanted to add some context.

i dont follow basketball. So, would you compare the 76ers last year to last year's 49ers? As far as rosters are concerned. Were the 76ers picked to win it all or be in the NBA finals?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont follow basketball. So, would you compare the 76ers last year to last year's 49ers? As far as rosters are concerned. Were the 76ers picked to win it all or be in the NBA finals?
76ers are more like the Bills. Its time to get over the hump.

Doc isnt nearly as respected as some think. Had a stacked Boston team and was only able to get one ring out of them. Was horrible in Orlando. Got fired for underachieving with the Clippers before Harris fired him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
76ers are more like the Bills. Its time to get over the hump.

Doc isnt nearly as respected as some think. Had a stacked Boston team and was only able to get one ring out of them. Was horrible in Orlando. Got fired for underachieving with the Clippers before Harris fired him.

So, he had the teams to win it all but didn't get it done so Harris fired him.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, he had the teams to win it all but didn't get it done so Harris fired him.
Harris fired Doc for underachieving. I wouldnt say the 76ers had the talent to win it all but maybe. They have about as much talent as the Bucks and they got one.

Harden blew up the locker room and right or wrong thats on Doc. 76ers are by no means the favorite and haven't been but there is no question they underachieved under Doc.

Doc has blown a 3-1 lead three times and blown a 3-2 lead a record seven times.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, the final record will be a big factor. Im not disputing that. I dont think Harris thinks we are an elite team and when we bring an elite team to OT with basically a rookie QB that should count, of course not the deciding factor. I know you didn't post a season prediction and I'm willing to bet it would be a losing record if it was posted. Like you said the evaluation process covers everything. Many factors are involved. I don't think its NFC championship or bust for RR like skinsdad said.
OK, I'm now interested in how you would factor those big wins or tight contests into the evaluation.

After you've posted how big wins and tightly contested games against winning teams are factored in, I'll tell you how I would do the same.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the doctor is in
Yup, when Sty speaks...I generally shut up and listen. He must have a crystal ball or something.

I tried to get him to come to the boats with me....but he always says "no".

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I'm now interested in how you would factor those big wins or tight contests into the evaluation.

After you've posted how big wins and tightly contested games against winning teams are factored in, I'll tell you how I would do the same.
This board has taught me that we have all types of fans.

We have:

Fans who are die-hard
Fans who follow from a distance
Fans who know some about the team
Fans who know a lot about the team
Fans who come and go

Bottom line, they are all still fans right?

You can support the team and NOT support Rivera...or I think you can. I do not support Rivera period...end of discussion. I didn't want him hired and wish he would have been fired the day Harris bought the team. That was never going to happen and was not realistic.

That being said, I see why people like him and want him to be here. My point is that you can support the team and want Rivera gone. Heck, we have done it for almost 20 years with Snyder. I was done with Snyder over 10 years ago...some were 5 years...some were 15 and 20 years ago. Many fans did NOT support Snyder but they supported the team. Just because you despise the owner doesn't mean you are NOT a fan of the team. Just my 2 cents.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris fired Doc for underachieving. I wouldnt say the 76ers had the talent to win it all but maybe. They have about as much talent as the Bucks and they got one.

Harden blew up the locker room and right or wrong thats on Doc. 76ers are by no means the favorite and haven't been but there is no question they underachieved under Doc.

Doc has blown a 3-1 lead three times and blown a 3-2 lead a record seven times.
You need to chime in on the Wizards thread I created.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to chime in on the Wizards thread I created.
Okay ill check it out. Im a huge Lakers fan though. My first cousin was on the showtime teams. kbso83432(Kobe Bryant Shaquille O'Neal 8 34 32(Magic)

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have:

Fans who are die-hard
Fans who come and go

You can support the team and NOT support Rivera...or I think you can. I do not support Rivera period...end of discussion. I didn't want him hired and wish he would have been fired the day Harris bought the team. That was never going to happen and was not realistic.

That being said, I see why people like him and want him to be here. My point is that you can support the team and want Rivera gone. Heck, we have done it for almost 20 years with Snyder. I was done with Snyder over 10 years ago...some were 5 years...some were 15 and 20 years ago. Many fans did NOT support Snyder but they supported the team. Just because you despise the owner doesn't mean you are NOT a fan of the team. Just my 2 cents.
I support Rivera because i believe Dan married up. I believe Harris and Magic can and will do better than Ron. Until that day comes I will root like hell for this team and Ron. If Ron can find a way to get to 5-2 before the Eagles game that would be huge for him.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay ill check it out. Im a huge Lakers fan though. My first cousin was on the showtime teams. kbso83432(Kobe Bryant Shaquille O'Neal 8 34 32(Magic)
Love it!!!

The wizards have been bad for a while, but I love the front office rebuild.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it!!!

The wizards have been bad for a while, but I love the front office rebuild.
They are doing the right thing though. They blew it up. Got off Russ, Beal and Kristaps. They just have to start drafting better. Rui is nice and Im glad hes a Laker but i felt he was a reach where the Bullets took him.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are doing the right thing though. They blew it up. Got off Russ, Beal and Kristaps. They just have to start drafting better. Rui is nice and Im glad hes a Laker but i felt he was a reach where the Bullets took him.
Yup, totally new front office though.
Dawkins runs the draft now.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it depends on how the season ends. I agree with you a losing record this year RR is most likely gone. 9-8 playoff appearance and lose in the playoffs will probably be evaluated more closely. Out of those 9 wins if we beat Philly or Dallas that should be a benefit to RR. IF we lose close ones to those teams, I think Harris will consider twice if he fires RR. Like I said the win prediction total was 6.5 and miss the playoffs. RR gets 9 wins and makes the playoffs its an overachievement.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have:

Fans who are die-hard
Fans who come and go

Very good points sir, in fact this is exactly why I've made it a point to use "fans/supporters, and followers" in my posts whenever I refer to them.