• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Wisconsin play a ranked team this year?

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, CFB fans, are you gonna argue the schedules, or just post ad hoc per usual?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell us why that excuses Alabama and doesn't make them subject to the same criticism leveled against other teams. Performance in past seasons should not be a pass for the current season. It's blatant bias. Shame on the pollsters.

Wait...people aren't criticizing Alabama for their schedule this year...who knew. Must all be bots.

I'm fine with people being critical of Alabama's schedule...but at the same time nobody thought Florida St was going to suck, same with Michigan.

We both have meaningful games remaining, so it will sort itself out.

But what kind of ridiculous world do you live in where past performance is not a predictor of future success. Name me a season where Wisconsin has run the table in the B1G...gone to NC or playoff and actually won a game. Shit, we are talking about a team where winning the Rose Bowl(not the good kind) is their crowning achievement. That is the same kind of bullshit thinking that had you guys handing BYU the National Championship back in '84.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Quality wins" - FBS teams w winning records to date

Wisconsin
W 31-14 FAU (6-3, 1st in CUSA-East)*
W 33-24 NW (6-3, 2nd in B1G-West)

UGA
W 31-10 App State (6-4, 1st in Sunbelt)*
W 20-19 ND (8-1, faux independent)
Miss State (7-2, 3rd in SEC-West)
W 24-10 SoCar (6-3, 2nd in SEC-East)

Bama
W 41-10 Fresno St (6-3, 1st MWC-West)*
W 41-13 CSU (6-4, 3rd in MWC-Mountain)*
W 27-19 TAMU (5-4, 5th in SEC-West)
W 24-10 LSU (6-3, 3rd in SEC-West)

Miami
W 52-30 Toledo (8-2, 1st in MAC)*
W 28-10 VT (7-2, 2nd in ACC-Coastal)

*LSOPs

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Quality wins" - FBS teams w winning records to date

Wisconsin
W 31-14 FAU (6-3, 1st in CUSA-East)*
W 33-24 NW (6-3, 2nd in B1G-West)

UGA
W 31-10 App State (6-4, 1st in Sunbelt)*
W 20-19 ND (8-1, faux independent)
Miss State (7-2, 3rd in SEC-West)
W 24-10 SoCar (6-3, 2nd in SEC-East)

Bama
W 41-10 Fresno St (6-3, 1st MWC-West)*
W 41-13 CSU (6-4, 3rd in MWC-Mountain)*
W 27-19 TAMU (5-4, 5th in SEC-West)
W 24-10 LSU (6-3, 3rd in SEC-West)

Miami
W 52-30 Toledo (8-2, 1st in MAC-West)*
W 28-10 VT (7-2, 2nd in ACC-Coastal)

*LSOPs

Looking at the above, gotta say I get UGA being atop the CFP poll. Committee members value "quality wins."
Bama has one more "QW" against P5 teams than Miami or Wisconsin, and 1 more against LSOPs.
Miami defeated the MAC-West leader, and Wisconsin defeated the CUSA-East leader. Miami defeated a 7-2 P5 team, and the Badgers defeated a 6-4 P5 team. Their relative positions in the CFP rankings could be flipped. Won't make no nevermind unless and until they rise to 4 & 5.

Now, if you want to argue about the one-loss teams above Miami & Wisconsin, post your own stats and analysis of "quality wins."

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly believe what you just said or are you just trying to justify the fact Wisconsin hasn’t played anybody?

I’m being serious — who has Wisconsin beat this year? Florida Atlantic? Northwestern? Think about it. Wisconsin’s schedule is a joke up to this point. And the sad part is — it doesn’t get much better, though you do get to face Iowa and UM (though neither has been consistent this year)

Let me ask you this — say it comes down to 11-1 ND and 12-0 Wisconsin for the final CFP spot. Do you seriously think Wisconsin would be more deserving, when ND will have played Georgia, USC, Miami, NC State, Michigan State, Stanford, etc., while Wisconsin has played..........?

You can use the same argument for any one loss team — Wisconsin’s schedule is terrible this year and it will hurt them in the end.

Clemson Miami and Bama have played baby cake schedules as well.

I already said Georgia and Notre Dame deserve to be #1 and #2.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson Miami and Bama have played baby cake schedules as well.

I already said Georgia and Notre Dame deserve to be #1 and #2.

Clemson has played 4 teams that were ranked when they played them — Auburn, Louisville, NC State and Virginia Tech. How many has Wisconsin faced?

Miami, I don’t really care about, as I don’t see any way they end up undefeated, but just the win last week against Virginia Tech is light years better than any Wisconsin has and they face ND this week and will face Clemson in the ACC title game.

And the fact you bring up Bama is laughable.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson has played 4 teams that were ranked when they played them — Auburn, Louisville, NC State and Virginia Tech. How many has Wisconsin faced?

Miami, I don’t really care about, as I don’t see any way they end up undefeated, but just the win last week against Virginia Tech is light years better than any Wisconsin has and they face ND this week and will face Clemson in the ACC title game.

Ranked at time of the game is the worst delineation ever. Should Alabama get credit for a top 5 win over a team that had to reschedule a scrub team to try and get bowl eligible?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranked at time of the game is the worst delineation ever. Should Alabama get credit for a top 5 win over a team that had to reschedule a scrub team to try and get bowl eligible?

If FSU hadn’t lost their starting QB — I’d say absolutely not. The fact they played a full strength FSU, it is a judgement call.

It is quite obvious FSU didn’t have any depth behind Francois (sp). Injuries happen in CFB, but no position effects a team more than the QB position.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If FSU hadn’t lost their starting QB — I’d say absolutely not. The fact they played a full strength FSU, it is a judgement call.

It is quite obvious FSU didn’t have any depth behind Francois (sp). Injuries happen in CFB, but no position effects a team more than the QB position.
Quarterback isn't going to stop BC from dropping 35 on them.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only ranked opponent team that Bama has beaten is a team ranked #24 and they lost to Troy and their best out of conference win is a 2 win p5 team.

Miami's best out of conference win was vs a non p5 team in Toledo. Miami had four traight games vs terrible teams which they were not in control.of and won close vs UNC, Syracuse GT and FSU. Also, their one and only ranked win vs VT isn't light years better than anyone the Badgers faced. VT has only beaten scrubs with an exception of West Virginia in the first game if the season. Northwestern has won twice vs ranked opponents now and if anything is at least an equal win. Also, lol at saying Clemson has beaten four teams that were ranked when they played them. The fact is Louisville is trash and won't be ranked, Auburn will lose two more games and won't be ranked and NC st might not be ranked if they lose one more game. Combine that with a loss to a team that's not even in the top 50 makes it a joke for them to be ranked in the top four.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell us why that excuses Alabama and doesn't make them subject to the same criticism leveled against other teams. Performance in past seasons should not be a pass for the current season. It's blatant bias. Shame on the pollsters.

Alabama's schedule is weaker than normal this year. Fact.

However, Alabama has momentum and has proven itself to be a high quality team at a consistent level and has handled the competition thus far in a way that demonstrates that hasn't really changed.

More importantly, Alabama will be well tested before the playoffs. We play #16 Miss St tomorrow, then we play #10 Auburn and #1 Georgia if we win those games.

So by the time playoffs come, it'll be clear on if Alabama deserves to be there or not.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only ranked opponent team that Bama has beaten is a team ranked #24 and they lost to Troy and their best out of conference win is a 2 win p5 team.

We play #16, #10 and if we win those games, #1 before the playoffs.

If we win those, Alabama will be in the playoffs.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quarterback isn't going to stop BC from dropping 35 on them.

A team giving up on a season will — I’d think a MSU fan would know about this as it basically happened to them last year.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team giving up on a season will — I’d think a MSU fan would know about this as it basically happened to them last year.
We just plain sucked with no leadership whatsoever. We also aren't pulling top 5-10 recruiting classes on a yearly basis either.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We play #16, #10 and if we win those games, #1 before the playoffs.

If we win those, Alabama will be in the playoffs.

If Bama beats an undefeated Georgia they should be in even with one loss. However, if they win the next two and lose to Georgia they will need help.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously if Bama wins out they're in. I'm not debating that. The issue I have is the committee has Bama at 2 and Wisconsin at 8 despite comparable schedules so far. Neither have an out of conference ranked win and the Badgers best win overall is more impressive or at than Bamas best overall win. If Bama was #4 and Wisconsin was #5 at least that would be more realistic. Georgia and Notre Dame are clearly #1 and #2 but after that it's debatable.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just plain sucked with no leadership whatsoever. We also aren't pulling top 5-10 recruiting classes on a yearly basis either.

You can pull in all the top classes you’d like, if you don’t have a QB — it won’t matter (ask Michigan fans)

And if you lack leadership AND you don’t have a QB — you have guys giving up and a team that just doesn’t care (like MSU losing to Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, etc last year)

It is a snowball effect. FSU is in that boat this year

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait...people aren't criticizing Alabama for their schedule this year...who knew. Must all be bots.

I'm fine with people being critical of Alabama's schedule...but at the same time nobody thought Florida St was going to suck, same with Michigan.

We both have meaningful games remaining, so it will sort itself out.

But what kind of ridiculous world do you live in where past performance is not a predictor of future success. Name me a season where Wisconsin has run the table in the B1G...gone to NC or playoff and actually won a game. Shit, we are talking about a team where winning the Rose Bowl(not the good kind) is their crowning achievement. That is the same kind of bullshit thinking that had you guys handing BYU the National Championship back in '84.

Again, please tell us what all of this has to do with the fact that Alabama will have played only two ranked teams by the end of this season. Their schedule is no better than Wisconsin's. They should be judged accordingly.