• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Wisconsin play a ranked team this year?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are getting the benefit of the doubt because of who they are for sure but also because how they have beaten teams the whole eye test deal. I don't know if Notre Dame will crush all their opponents it is college football after all but they should win the games.

That is all on the coaching you have to have a competent back up QB which goes for both FSU and Michigan for that matter. FSU has more issues this year than just losing their starting QB.

Oh, I agree with FSU. And saying you have to have a competent QB and actually having one is totally different things. Kids these days rarely want to compete for a job and if they lose out on a job, they want to transfer. So teams deal with musical chairs at QB on the depth chart.

Unfortunately for FSU — they had a true freshman as a backup and all the coaching in the world can’t predict how one player or another will handle the pressure of CFB and playing in front of 100,000 fans at the toughest position to play.

And I’m not making any excuses for UM — we are on our third QB and he looks like he has the most tools (best arm, most mobile, quick decision making, etc) but after almost two years in the system, he still struggles with the playbook. He has turned the wrong way on handoffs a few times already in just two starts. Some guys have it upstairs, some don’t.

The BIGGEST part of it all is — your teammates have to have confidence you can do the job at QB. At UM, Peters has the full support of the team. At FSU with Blackman, you can’t say the same. That is deadly for a team’s season.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, please tell us what all of this has to do with the fact that Alabama will have played only two ranked teams by the end of this season. Their schedule is no better than Wisconsin's. They should be judged accordingly.

I'm guessing you weren't a math major...

If we win out we will have beaten current #24 LSU, #16 Mrs State, #10 Auburn and #1 Georgia to get to the playoffs.

Wisconsin will have played #25 Northwestern, #20 Iowa and one of the #12/13/14 Michigan St/Ohio st/Penn St.

I guess we have differing opinions of what better means from both a quality and quantity perspective. Our schedule would be equal to theirs if there was no SEC Championship game.

There is a reason that the committee has 4 1-loss teams rated above Wisconsin.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#10 MSU
#20 Iowa
And I assume a 2 loss Michigan team will be ranked for sure.

The only way Michigan is a 2 loss Michigan is if they beat you, so I don't think I would be pulling for them to be ranked.

I think you are worrying to much about where you are now. I think your current ranking reflects the committee's belief that you are not the best team in the B1G and that you are not going to run the table. If you prove them wrong, they will have no choice but to adjust.

No unbeaten P5 conference winner is sitting home, it's just not going to happen.

Look at Michigan State & Iowa in 2015.

Everybody was shitting on Iowa's schedule and Michigan St was ahead of them in the rankings and still close even after the loss to Nebraska. Had Iowa won the B10 Championship they were in for sure.

They were doing the same thing with Ohio St and Wisconsin this year...except Ohio St fucked it all up by losing to Iowa last week. Had Ohio St and Wisconsin both won out the B10 Championship would have been a play-in, just like it was in 2015...it's still a play-in this year, but only for Wisconsin.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we win out we will have beaten current #24 LSU, #16 Mrs State, #10 Auburn and #1 Georgia to get to the playoffs.

Wisconsin will have played #25 Northwestern, #20 Iowa and one of the #12/13/14 Michigan St/Ohio st/Penn St.

I guess we have differing opinions of what better means from both a quality and quantity perspective. Our schedule would be equal to theirs if there was no SEC Championship game.

As ironic as I think it is, if Alabama loses to Georgia, you could be left out in the cold. It would be a shame if any undefeated P5 team was left off. So, if Georgia, Wisconsin and Miami are all undefeated and Notre Dame wins out, I think Alabama may be left out. If Wisconsin or Miami lose along the way (very possible) it could get messy. One loss Oklahoma, Clemson or Washington who win their respective divisions vs. a SEC runner up Alabama could be a tough choice. I do think Alabama is the best college team and they will out and be a no brainer as a #1 seed.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LSU is not a ranked team. They're just not. They have no business being #24. They lost to Troy.

Michigan would destroy LSU.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU is not a ranked team. They're just not. They have no business being #24. They lost to Troy.

Michigan would destroy LSU.

That is your opinion, the rest of us have seen Speight play.

Northwestern is #25, they got pounded by a team that is 1-5 in ACC play...same shit different day.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Northwestern is #25, they got pounded by a team that is 1-5 in ACC play...same shit different day.
Speight was soooo three quarterbacks ago.

Michigan has a new Heisman winning qb. That gives them three just this season.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Catch up. Speight is no longer the QB.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catch up. Speight is no longer the QB.

Not because any of your other clowns beat him out on the field.

Or are you going to make the argument that your offense is so much better now after your performance the last two weeks....against Minnesota and Rutgers.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a big game today ... quit worrying about Michigan ... you already played them.
I'm quite talented, I can worry about multiple things at once.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Northwestern is #25, they got pounded by a team that is 1-5 in ACC play...same shit different day.[/QUOTE]

Duke is still a P5 loss, while Troy isn't. Plus Northwestern has 2 wins vs ranked opponents and LSU has 1. Also, the common opponent between LSU and Michigan is Florida which Mich won by 16 and LSU won by one point.

Like Joe Klatt said, the SEC I mean CFP committee is propping up Miss st., Auburn and LSU to make Georgia's, Bama's and Clemson's wins appear better than they truly are.

Last edited:

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not because any of your other clowns beat him out on the field.

Or are you going to make the argument that your offense is so much better now after your performance the last two weeks....against Minnesota and Rutgers.

We will let our offense speak for itself (good or bad) on the field. People get too caught up in the quarterback position, an offensive line can make or break (literally) a quarterback. It is amazing how many people can worry, fret or get their panties in a bunch over an unbranded Michigan on a Wisconsin thread.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will let our offense speak for itself (good or bad) on the field. People get too caught up in the quarterback position, an offensive line can make or break (literally) a quarterback. It is amazing how many people can worry, fret or get their panties in a bunch over an unbranded Michigan on a Wisconsin thread.

We'll deal with you next week.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 ranked teams and two more to go. Up next the two loss Wolverines.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Joe Klatt said, the SEC I mean CFP committee is propping up Miss st., Auburn and LSU to make Georgia's, Bama's and Clemson's wins appear better than they truly are.

Oh, yeah, I totally agree, they really are propping up Auburn. God knows that's a garbage team, am I right? I can't wait to see how badly they lost to Georgia today. Let me just google that...

Wow, it says they lost by negative twenty three. Can't believe they even took the field if they were gonna get blown out that hard.