• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Does VT win the ACC in the next five years?

Does VT win an ACC Championship in 5 years if Fuente stays?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol you are worse than a woman. I never said we were going to be 12-1 holy Moses. All I said was Oklahoma had a unknown head coach and we don't know what Taggert is going to do. I know he can recruit and FSU's had two bad ass recruiting classes in a row.

Keep that trigger finger on the trigger bud
You sound like a really smart fella.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley wasn't brand new to his team. Taggart is now joining his 3rd team in 3 years. Think continuity doesn't matter at all?

And yes, Taggart is an unknown. He's had one good season with USF and one mediocre season with Oregon. He's a career 47-50 HC. He's the definition of an unknown.

In fairness to Taggart he did take over Western Kentucky and USF when they were both dumpster fires. By the time he left USF he had them in the top 20. And, IMO, he was better than mediocre this season at Oregon. With Herbert starting they were 6-1. It'll be interesting to see what he does at FSU, because he's never walked into a situation like this.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can be done with Taggert. Dam iPhone

It's possible is my point

This FSU team has a lot of talent. They just have a trash back up QB you might want to check out one of their games
And a shitty OL. The whole reason your teams sucks ass crack this year is because of your shitty OL and coach.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep taking the hits SJ. Just give up, this shit is too easy.

bart-gunn-knocks-out-bradshaw-as-part-of-wwes-brawl-for-all-which-made-bradshaw-jbl-look-like-a-total-bitch.gif

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut is telling me no. Clemson seems to have built their own Alabama over in SC the way they can plug and play guys. Miami is back, Florida State will probably be back in the next 2-3 years. Va. Tech could be in the hunt for it, I just don't see it happening, unfortunately. I will say that Fuente knows what he's doing over there. He made that team better instantly after taking over for Beamer. Va. Tech had a fairly easy schedule this year and when they played the 2 elite teams in the ACC, they folded up. I think they can contend, but I don't know if I see them winning the conference.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut is telling me no. Clemson seems to have built their own Alabama over in SC the way they can plug and play guys. Miami is back, Florida State will probably be back in the next 2-3 years. Va. Tech could be in the hunt for it, I just don't see it happening, unfortunately. I will say that Fuente knows what he's doing over there. He made that team better instantly after taking over for Beamer. Va. Tech had a fairly easy schedule this year and when they played the 2 elite teams in the ACC, they folded up. I think they can contend, but I don't know if I see them winning the conference.

I think this next year will be telling for sure. Think we play at FSU and have ND home next year. Also have a true dual threat coming in that may push Jackson for playing time. Supposedly he has been playing through a leg injury for half the season but who knows.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're going to be going into each of the next five seasons with a great chance of winning the division. If they're in the conference championship two or three times in the next five years, they could definitely win one.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As @uncfan103 mentioned, we'll be one of the favorites in the Coastal from year to year and likely, the division will come down to us and Miami. Of course, GT, UNC, Pitt, and even UVA may make a run over the next five years. I see the games between Miami and VT being a home field split, with the occasional "break in serve". With that, VT is likely going to make the ACC CG a couple times over the next five years (this is the first time Miami has made it since joining in 2004 btw). Once in the CG, it's "any given Saturday" where one or two plays can make the difference. Last year, VT was short on the final drive to tie the game versus Clemson in Fuente's first year and Clemson's NC year.

Miami has always had better recruiting than VT, but just now made the CG in a year when they very well could have lost a few games. VT will also likely increase their recruiting with Fuente over the Beamer years at the end of his era, but still not likely to overtake the 'rankings' of Miami. I've always considered year 4 of a coach's tenure being the defining year that would show their capability. Thus far, Fuente has had a 10 win season and CCG appearance in his first year, then a 9 win season before the bowl game in year 2. I think that he'll likely be a 9-11 win regular season coach at VT on a consistent basis and in the ACC CG hunt late into November.

Do I think we're better than a 50-50 shot at winning the Coastal over the next five years? Absolutely, even making it 2-3 times.

Once in the game, we'd be a tough out, but Clemson and FSU will probably be waiting. Therefore, I'd place our likelihood at winning the entire ACC in the next five years as a 1 in 3 chance.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're going to be going into each of the next five seasons with a great chance of winning the division. If they're in the conference championship two or three times in the next five years, they could definitely win one.

They definitely got a chance to win the division. If I had a gun to my head I take Miami and I don't know if they could get by the next round but yes they can win the coastal division

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep taking the hits SJ. Just give up, this shit is too easy.

bart-gunn-knocks-out-bradshaw-as-part-of-wwes-brawl-for-all-which-made-bradshaw-jbl-look-like-a-total-bitch.gif

@Great Dayne is that you?

Have you checked out your poll bud? How's it doing?

Yeah you sound like you know what happened FSU this year all right. 1st string QB gets hurt game 1? :L. Goodness look at the level of stupid you are bringing to your own thread/poll.

Comedy gold here

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree FSU oline definitely needs to improve and with better play calling where we're not passing 80% of the time will help as well.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness to Taggart he did take over Western Kentucky and USF when they were both dumpster fires. By the time he left USF he had them in the top 20. And, IMO, he was better than mediocre this season at Oregon. With Herbert starting they were 6-1. It'll be interesting to see what he does at FSU, because he's never walked into a situation like this.
6-1 with their best win being...

He flatout doesn't know defense. Their only impressive defensive performance was allowing 10 points to an abysmal Oregon State team. Unless you want to count 28 points to Arizona?

I commend him on the job he did at USF. Still, in 2016, his best team went 11-2 and got boatraced by FSU (understandable) and Temple (not understandable) while finishing the year with 0 ranked wins. I'm not saying he has no chance to be successful at FSU, but expecting him to pull a Lincoln Riley his first year, or even comparing those two coaches, is just idiotic.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-1 with their best win being...

He flatout doesn't know defense. Their only impressive defensive performance was allowing 10 points to an abysmal Oregon State team. Unless you want to count 28 points to Arizona?

I commend him on the job he did at USF. Still, in 2016, his best team went 11-2 and got boatraced by FSU (understandable) and Temple (not understandable) while finishing the year with 0 ranked wins. I'm not saying he has no chance to be successful at FSU, but expecting him to pull a Lincoln Riley his first year, or even comparing those two coaches, is just idiotic.

He didn't get a chance at the top teams in the conference with his QB, who's really really good. And their back up QB situation is probably one of the worst in the country.

And his team was the only team that finished ranked in the AAC in 2016, so it's hard to get ranked wins when you only play 1(FSU) and they were out manned from a personnel standpoint. And it's not exactly like Riley is known for defense, OU was below average defensively this year, and from an efficiency standpoint were worse than last year.

My guess is they'll be a 10-2 or 11-1 team next year, provided Francois stays healthy.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Great Dayne is that you?

Have you checked out your poll bud? How's it doing?

Yeah you sound like you know what happened FSU this year all right. 1st string QB gets hurt game 1? :L. Goodness look at the level of stupid you are bringing to your own thread/poll.

Comedy gold here
Your OL sucks. For months before the game posters on here commented that Francois would get jacked up. It was a matter of time before he went down. It was on Fisher though to have a viable backup and he fucked that up too.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't get a chance at the top teams in the conference with his QB, who's really really good. And their back up QB situation is probably one of the worst in the country.

And his team was the only team that finished ranked in the AAC in 2016, so it's hard to get ranked wins when you only play 1(FSU) and they were out manned from a personnel standpoint. And it's not exactly like Riley is known for defense, OU was below average defensively this year, and from an efficiency standpoint were worse than last year.

My guess is they'll be a 10-2 or 11-1 team next year, provided Francois stays healthy.
I would go with 8-4. Per previous emails, he has to turn around their OL which provided to be a major liability for the team the last 2 years. Plus the kids have to buy into his system (whatever the hell that will be which is a not something to take lightly).

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your OL sucks. For months before the game posters on here commented that Francois would get jacked up. It was a matter of time before he went down. It was on Fisher though to have a viable backup and he fucked that up too.

Yeah I was one of them.
Frenchy got jacked up all last year too. Jimbo is lucky he didn't get Francois killed. That's what happens when you pass all the time. We had a back up but he left because he got pissed at Jimbo.

Jimbo had no balance on offense and would start the chuck show even up 10. we had Clemson beat last year and cook was going off. What did he do? Starts throwing the ball

It's all good. Jimbo gonna get his in the SEC West

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go with 8-4. Per previous emails, he has to turn around their OL which provided to be a major liability for the team the last 2 years. Plus the kids have to buy into his system (whatever the hell that will be which is a not something to take lightly).

Naw all we need is some balance on offense. A few guys to step up. We have a 5 star center coming back from injury. And a healthy Francois :hope:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you pass on practically every down it's pretty easy to figure out what's going to happen. Sure as hell aren't going to keep defenses honest or off balance

What's funny is when we lost our QB the next guy up was so bad Jimbo had to run the ball. It probably drove him nuts and that's why he left.

Who has 3 - 5star running back's on the sideline and throws it all over the damn place? And has a damn good defense too. He's an idiot

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely got a chance to win the division. If I had a gun to my head I take Miami and I don't know if they could get by the next round but yes they can win the coastal division

Miami isn’t winning the next five division titles, especially if Florida State gets better.
The last 3 conference championships before Clemson destroyed Miami were decided by less than one possession. Not sure what makes Clemson invincible.