• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Does VT win the ACC in the next five years?

Does VT win an ACC Championship in 5 years if Fuente stays?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why must you take up board space with a question that’s too obvious?

Oh he insisted for 3 pages on the Taggert to FSU thread.

Homers gonna home

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's entirely possible they win one. Anyone can slip up on a given day. But gun to my head, I'd say probably not. I think Virginia Tech is a good team, but the ACC has improved tremendously, and Virginia Tech largely hasn't kept up, most importantly in recruiting. If you want to win consistently, you have to build talent and depth. Virginia Tech hovers between 20 and 30 in recruiting. Clemson, Miami, and FSU typically recruit more than double the number of 4 and 5 stars. Virginia Tech's recruiting is more comparable with NC State and Louisville, focusing on a ton of 3 stars (I think they have like 21 signed to Clemson's 4). They need to start winning these recruiting battles before they're going to have a ton of success (like KJ Henry, who looks like he'll be coming to Clemson or possibly UGA).

Virginia Tech has only gone to one ACC championship in 6 years. And now Miami is very much on the rise, with an extremely deep recruiting pull and one of the best coaches in America. If Virginia Tech has struggled to make it in their absence, I am skeptical that they will now be able to win the Coastal, and then upset the Atlantic Champ. So I'd say they are 4th or 5th most likely to win an ACC championship in the next 4 years. But they probably won't.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh he insisted for 3 pages on the Taggert to FSU thread.

Homers gonna home

Looks like I have a fan now, how cute. Go ahead and tell everyone about how right you are that you need all 5 star players to win a conference championship. I basically destroyed your premise with VT winning 3 of the 4 of them with no 5 stars and Saban won his first SECCG & NC with a very limited number of them (mainly playing other kids from the previous regime). Then you proceeded to get butthurt and rant that VT will never win another ACCCG which again makes no sense. What a dolt. If I were you I would be more worried about how Faggart will get you to the promised land with all of the 5 stars that you seek.

It's entirely possible they win one. Anyone can slip up on a given day. But gun to my head, I'd say probably not. I think Virginia Tech is a good team, but the ACC has improved tremendously, and Virginia Tech largely hasn't kept up, most importantly in recruiting. If you want to win consistently, you have to build talent and depth. Virginia Tech hovers between 20 and 30 in recruiting. Clemson, Miami, and FSU typically recruit more than double the number of 4 and 5 stars. Virginia Tech's recruiting is more comparable with NC State and Louisville, focusing on a ton of 3 stars (I think they have like 21 signed to Clemson's 4). They need to start winning these recruiting battles before they're going to have a ton of success (like KJ Henry, who looks like he'll be coming to Clemson or possibly UGA).

Virginia Tech has only gone to one ACC championship in 6 years. And now Miami is very much on the rise, with an extremely deep recruiting pull and one of the best coaches in America. If Virginia Tech has struggled to make it in their absence, I am skeptical that they will now be able to win the Coastal, and then upset the Atlantic Champ. So I'd say they are 4th or 5th most likely to win an ACC championship in the next 4 years. But they probably won't.

I hear ya. But VT never won those recruiting battles that you speak of to begin with. We arose to national prevalence through a coach finding kids that fit and buy into a system. Fuente has that same mindset and knows he can do that at VT. There is a reason Fuente declined to speak with FSU and some of the other P5s in the past. My guess is that if he leaves, it will be for OU or some school closer to home. Only time will tell though...

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I have a fan now, how cute. Go ahead and tell everyone about how right you are that you need all 5 star players to win a conference championship. I basically destroyed your premise with VT winning 3 of the 4 of them with no 5 stars and Saban won his first SECCG & NC with a very limited number of them (mainly playing other kids from the previous regime). Then you proceeded to get butthurt and rant that VT will never win another ACCCG which again makes no sense. What a dolt. If I were you I would be more worried about how Faggart will get you to the promised land with all of the 5 stars that you seek.

I hear ya. But VT never won those recruiting battles that you speak of to begin with. We arose to national prevalence through a coach finding kids that fit and buy into a system. Fuente has that same mindset and knows he can do that at VT. There is a reason Fuente declined to speak with FSU and some of the other P5s in the past. My guess is that if he leaves, it will be for OU or some school closer to home. Only time will tell though...

Nice novel.
Hows that poll working out Mr. Destroyer?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgive the little guy for not putting potato salad as an option

@Winged_Wheel88
@moxie
@bonham
@TemptressToo
@Shelby
@Rex Racer
@outofyourmind
@B_dub
@romeo212000
@tnapucco
@KansasSooner
@Jtrain80
@BoomerNTX
@Wishbone
@MarkOU
@sooner78wakeboard
@Scapegoat
@Proud_Okie
@Wheat
@Goldbug
@Pariah
@BusSport
@8085sooner
@Nosferatu
@thunderc
@Kevin12773
@Vitamike
@PhilSimms11
@GhostRiderRushville
@boltfan72
@SteelersPride
@packerzrule
@Used 2 B Hu
@Peter Gozintite
@TigerBait1971
@puckhead
@craigk217
@Inimical
@batchaps4me
@Manster7588
@Ewa PGH Fan
@pitman
@BoiseMike19
@BTHOtu
@BritishDolfan
@popeyecv64
@BigRedMoe
@gobigred
@gohusk
@Brasky
@huskers1217
@Tomhusker
@it'sHuskers4me
@HuskerOC
@Skerpokes
@Stinky56
@Carnzo
@KingKoolKat75
@58crash
@Eugene Baker III
@AlaskaGuy
@Guns N Guitars
@fordman84
@TheRangerDude
@beardown07
@omarsrevenge
@thedddd
@TheDayMan
@Olyduck
@lilchi721
@Used 2 B Hu
@USCDoom
@Battlelyon
@darken65
@mcnabb7542
@Debbie Does
@ill
@Wild Turkey
@7Samurai13
@RobToxin
@RobBase
@Inquisitor95
@Hook'Em0608
@TexasExes98
@Codaxx
@Texas Jefe
@TexasExes98
@ElTexan
@bamabear82
@Bamabino
@Bandwagonbo2
@theSabanator20
@GoldRusher
@There is A Moose at 3rd
@Cowboyinexile
@boomtown
@Wedgie
@potzer25
@Harry Seaword
@MISKO
@fordman84
@JuiceTheGator
@douggie
@FaCe-LeE-uS
@NEhomer
@obxyankeefan
@LambeauLegs
@handicappers
@Balljim55
@DetroitDevil
@Tin Man
@Nasty_Magician
@bocomo007
@Guy Incognito
@Think McFly Think
@Ritzarmy
@UK Cowboy
@wlk3
@MilkSpiller22
@Shanemansj13
@mr.hockey4242
@Mebert
@Godstree
@steveringo
@Wamu
@VFL1995
@trojanfan12
@socaljim242
@BigKen
@TheRobotDevil
@Clayton
@ATL96Steeler
@Tubbs1518
@IndyAndy
@The Crimson King
@gandydancer
@SJ76
@Wings
@wildturkey
@DrewScott
@TrustMeIamRight
@MAIZEandBLUE09
@Wingingit
@mall3013
@Airraidtech
@clemtheslowson
@Judge Fudge
@Macho Grande
@Dolgevillefootballfan
@seahawksfan234
@DutchBird
@PEOPLESCHICKEN
@megalodon30
@BigAppleBadger
@Bojack_Horseman
@Sharkonabicycle
@cwerph
@Deep Creek
@olympicoscar
@Vyle203
@ericd7633
@iowajerms
@rmilia1
@wingsauce7
@jwolt92
@nathans8823
@Fish
@Caneman
@Old Lion
@black francis
@blindbaby
@NCChiFan
@Full Potato
@Shower Fart
@Chris p Bacon
@God
@Midnightangel
@Used 2 B Hu
@Sexual Chocolate
@Used 2 B Hu

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted 'no', but I'm really looking at this as a, "If I had to bet $1000 on it, which side would I take".

In the other thread I certainly back Virginia Tech's trajectory and think they will win their half of the Conference once or twice in the next five years, but gotta do it the same year that Clemson, FSU, Louisville, etc... are down to actually win the ACCCG. I think they're a good program. Its definitely possible, but gonna guess no.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like VT. Grew up with the Beamer era. Wouldn't mind a resurgence.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted 'no', but I'm really looking at this as a, "If I had to bet $1000 on it, which side would I take".

In the other thread I certainly back Virginia Tech's trajectory and think they will win their half of the Conference once or twice in the next five years, but gotta do it the same year that Clemson, FSU, Louisville, etc... are down to actually win the ACCCG. I think they're a good program. Its definitely possible, but gonna guess no.

Anything is possible. Clemson, Miami, and FSU could lose their QB for the season. Losses on the road are common look at Clemson the past 2 years, especially when these Florida schools go north in the cold. But in the ACCGC? I don't the Hokies have enough yet. The top side of the ACC is Natty caliber so that's where I say HELL NAW

Where's @Great Dayne at?? Let's get his input here - that guy is right 100% of the time. Reminds me of this cat that started this bad boy

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like any 2nd tier program y’all (just like WVU would in the Big12) need a few good breaks but it’s entirely possible imo.

Dunno if I would BANK on it but... it’s possible.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll win the ACC and then get left out of the playoffs :dhd:

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with yes but it was a coin flip. IMHO they will win the Coastal so they have a shot.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not, but 5 years is a long time to turn around a program so I would not rule it out.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted no because it just doesn’t look very likely at this point. But one coach change, stud QB, or injuries to other team, and it could happen. So being from Idaho, I have to say “potato salad”

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a side note to the topic at hand. Lane Stadium was the third stadium that I visited and it was a great experience. I was wearing a Tech shirt and my Auburn hat to watch the Miami game. The students were great ... friendly and knowledgeable, energetic and generally fun. The only problem I saw was a couple of men got a bit drunk and was causing problems. The Tech fans policed their own and even had the guys ejected. Enter the Sandman was awesome. If anyone gets a chance to visit Lane, take it.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck yeah VT will.
FSU is hiring an unknown.
Miami has a 1 trick pony as coach.

Fuente will own the ACC in 5 years.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake me in 5 years when I still wont give a fuck about VT or some nob gobbler named Fuentes! Have a nice day.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer so a bet can be settled with SJ76. One month avy bet.
I'm interested in the bet. So of course you two aren't going to wait 5 years, so does that mean you are letting the board decide? How many votes before either of you concede? I mean, as far as polls go, the number of vote gets on this one is already pushing the limits with poll participation at 30 total votes as it is...

Last edited:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
latest

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell
Clemson is going to lose their OC and DC to Head Coaching positions.

This ain't rocket science.
VT is poised to take full advantage of the ACC