• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Anyone Believe Howard's Crap - lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude laker fans are butt-hurt. look at all the threads you guys have started about houston's center. you guys are like jealous ex-girlfriends. when he was with you.. it was instant contender. people predicting the fall of miami.. lakers are going to hang more banners because of a 40 year old PG and Howard. Now.. just 1 year later. he's hated. he was never that good. he sucked. worthless. he will never be any good.

just like a jilted ex girlfriend.

it's fine. get over it. someone doesnt want to play in LA. i honestly dont think it will last very long. just until kobe leaves.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look at the bright side.. Miami just amnestied Mike Miller... sounds like a nice option for the Lakers!!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude laker fans are butt-hurt. look at all the threads you guys have started about houston's center. you guys are like jealous ex-girlfriends. when he was with you.. it was instant contender. people predicting the fall of miami.. lakers are going to hang more banners because of a 40 year old PG and Howard. Now.. just 1 year later. he's hated. he was never that good. he sucked. worthless. he will never be any good.

it's fine. get over it. someone doesnt want to play in LA. i honestly dont think it will last very long. just until kobe leaves.

Seriously?!? Every poster on here has presented perfectly logical reasons as to why Dwight isn't going to be leading any team to a title any time soon and you come back with this "butthurt" nonsense rather than address the logical reasons presented? C'mon Flauge, you're better than that!!

As for "all of the threads started by you guys over Houston's center": there are currently 4 on the front page. 2 were started by TLF and 2 were started by non-Laker fans!! So where are all of these threads about Houston's center?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look at the bright side.. Miami just amnestied Mike Miller... sounds like a nice option for the Lakers!!!

Can he hit a free throw? Maybe the Spurs should pick him up. :gaah:

Ilovemesomeme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that's a bit extreme. Howard had built his poor reputation prior to being traded to LA. He's been known as a guy who is happy go lucky and lacking the competitive drive necessary to lead a team to a title. The talent is there. The focus and drive, not so much. What I find funny is that Howard is now framing this as a "I was traded to LA, I didn't choose to be there." Come on Dwight, you forced Van Gundy out, and you forced a trade out of Orlando. Had you wanted to make it to free agency all you had to do was decline on signing your player option for last year and he'd have been a FA last offseason. The guy is an idiot, and quite frankly, Laker fans everywhere should be ecstatic that he chose Houston. In a league where you can now spend max dollars on MAYBE two players at once, you don't want Dwight as one of those two guys. He's gutless. He couldn't handle Kobe's competitive burn. You don't want players like that.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This here. The way he forced his way out of Orlando combined with how bad his season in LA went is what is really hurting his reputation.

If it was just about him and Kobe, that would be one thing.

But Kobe wasn't his teammate in Orlando and can't be blamed for Dwight's bullshit he pulled when he left there.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?!? Every poster on here has presented perfectly logical reasons as to why Dwight isn't going to be leading any team to a title any time soon and you come back with this "butthurt" nonsense rather than address the logical reasons presented? C'mon Flauge, you're better than that!!

As for "all of the threads started by you guys over Houston's center": there are currently 4 on the front page. 2 were started by TLF and 2 were started by non-Laker fans!! So where are all of these threads about Houston's center?

lol, i guess Flauge is gonna INSIST we're "butt-hurt". whether it's false or not...

Ilovemesomeme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends. Get him on a one year deal, and it's not a bad pickup. Lakers just need to keep all of their 2014 cap open (aside from that which they will be paying Nash). Hopefully Nash retires after this year and that's even better.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. Get him on a one year deal, and it's not a bad pickup. Lakers just need to keep all of their 2014 cap open (aside from that which they will be paying Nash). Hopefully Nash retires after this year and that's even better.

only reason i say pass is because the Lakers need to get younger, not older. also Miller is too much of a streaky shooter for my taste. he can play the 2 or 3 though, but too much mileage imo...

Ilovemesomeme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only reason i say pass is because the Lakers need to get younger, not older. also Miller is too much of a streaky shooter for my taste. he can play the 2 or 3 though, but too much mileage imo...

I'm with you, I just view next year as a punted season anyways. But yeah, that being said, I think any signing is fine so long as it's only a year deal.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is unreal. He just can't shut up and play. He needs to take some notes from Tim Duncan.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you, I just view next year as a punted season anyways. But yeah, that being said, I think any signing is fine so long as it's only a year deal.

that i definitely agree with. as i've said on other threads it's pretty much a no-brainer that the Lakers have to keep their eye on the bottom line(the 2014 FA class) no matter what, although you'll get essentially conflicting reports out here whether the Lakers are "throwing away the upcoming season" or not...

Ilovemesomeme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that i definitely agree with. as i've said on other threads it's pretty much a no-brainer that the Lakers have to keep their eye on the bottom line(the 2014 FA class) no matter what, although you'll get essentially conflicting reports out here whether the Lakers are "throwing away the upcoming season" or not...

Yeah, they'll never come out and say it, and I'm sure Kobe will come back ASAP because that's just the way he's built. But if I'm the Lakers brain trust I try and move Pau ASAP for picks, and suck as bad as I can next year in the hope that you get a couple nice young players to along with whatever two max guys you end up signing next summer, and a healed Kobe coming back at a more cap friendly number.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they'll never come out and say it, and I'm sure Kobe will come back ASAP because that's just the way he's built. But if I'm the Lakers brain trust I try and move Pau ASAP for picks, and suck as bad as I can next year in the hope that you get a couple nice young players to along with whatever two max guys you end up signing next summer, and a healed Kobe coming back at a more cap friendly number.

now that you bring it up i understand the upcoming year is going to produce a decent draft class. it'd be nice to get a nice pick or 2 to groom for the next franchise player. haven't watched college basketball in a while, but i think i'll pay more attention this season coming up...

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kobe just cared about championships, he wouldnt take his 30 MILLION DOLLAR SALARY which would allow the Lakers to pay for a team to be around him.

The disease is Kobe, when they pick that scab the team will heal.

Nothing wrong with Howards comments. He will be underpaid only making 22 million a year for two years, then renegotiate to get 25-30 per and not have a team around him either.

Ilovemesomeme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now that you bring it up i understand the upcoming year is going to produce a decent draft class. it'd be nice to get a nice pick or 2 to groom for the next franchise player. haven't watched college basketball in a while, but i think i'll pay more attention this season coming up...

This upcoming class is supposed to be the best in a LONG time, since 03 anyways. That being said, I don't know that the Lakers could get the Bobcats pick or anything.......BUT I think they have their own first rounder next year, and Pau's expiring contract is somewhat enticing I'm sure to a lot of middling teams. The only rub is that if you trade Pau for picks, what contracts are you taking back? The Lakers should have no interest in a Pau trade that brings back burdensome contracts in return..........even if it nets a nice pick or two. As the Lakers they're in the driver seat next offseason and should have their pick (aside from Lebron) of pretty much any two max guys they want to sign.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think they are so much "throwing away the season" as they are "holding auditions" for 2014!! For the most part, they are signing young players with some upside (Young, Johnson, Farmar) to 1 year deals!! If they play well, then they can be re-signed as part of the re-load next summer. If not, then they really haven't cost the Lakers anything!!

Same thing with the vets that they have signed or are rumored to be interested in (Lamar, Kaman). These are guys that still could play for 3-5 or so more years and will have a chance to show it!!

Basically, virtually every member of the team, from Kobe to the last bench player will be playing for a contract next summer and how they perform this coming season will determine what, if anything, they get paid!!

Ilovemesomeme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kobe just cared about championships, he wouldnt take his 30 MILLION DOLLAR SALARY which would allow the Lakers to pay for a team to be around him.

The disease is Kobe, when they pick that scab the team will heal.

Nothing wrong with Howards comments. He will be underpaid only making 22 million a year for two years, then renegotiate to get 25-30 per and not have a team around him either.

You're an idiot. They're well over the cap even if they're paying Kobe 15 mil this year.

As for the rest, I won't even address it as anyone propping up Howard and slamming Kobe from a basketball perspective just doesn't understand the game. There's a reason Kobe is a champion and Dwight isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.