• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Anyone Believe Howard's Crap - lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now he is saying not having a championship does not define him as a player and he is a winner without a ring - lmao

If that is the case then why did Karl Malone and Gary Payton sign with the Lakers for a fraction of what they could have gotten? Answer - because a title does define the player

He can make all of the excuses he wants, but it sounds like to me he is already resigning to not getting a championship title and given up.

A winner does not quit until he gets that title

Newflash Mr Howard: No titles will define your career:lol:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now he is saying not having a championship does not define him as a player and he is a winner without a ring - lmao

If that is the case then why did Karl Malone and Gary Payton sign with the Lakers for a fraction of what they could have gotten? Answer - because a title does define the player

He can make all of the excuses he wants, but it sounds like to me he is already resigning to not getting a championship title and given up.

i heard this on ESPN yesterday. lol it does sound like he's already lining up his excuses to be honest...:doh:

Black Belt Disciple

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by your stupid ass logic, Karl Malone wasn't one of the greatest scoring forwards EVER because he didn't win a ring? I guess Dan Marino wasn't a good QB either?

What a moron. Howard didn't want to stay on a team with no coach that's worth a crap.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this right from the beginning and everyone ignored me. Dwight Howard isn't the least bit interested in a ring!!!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why agree that a championship defines you as a winner when to him it may not? Does that mean he doesnt want 1 or multiple championships? No one really knows except Howard. The only way I would even attempt to judge him is if he said the goal was not a championship.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was the BS I was talking about yesterday...yea, you can be a winner without a title, but you CANNOT be a champion with a ring! That's why Malone and Payton signed withe LAL...they wanted to be Champions!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why agree that a championship defines you as a winner when to him it may not? Does that mean he doesnt want 1 or multiple championships? No one really knows except Howard. The only way I would even attempt to judge him is if he said the goal was not a championship.

It may be a goal of Howard's, but you have to question his motivation to reach that goal given a statement like this.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dwight said that he is a winner and he is, for the very reasons he listed. He has lasted nearly 10 years in a league where the average career in 3 years, he has a gold medal and he's been to the finals!! So yes, Dwight is a winner!!

What Dwight is NOT, is a champion!! You can be a winner and not be a champion, but you can't be a champion and not be a winner!!

Ultimately, whether anyone likes it or not, Dwight will be defined by whether or not he is a champion!!

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight said that he is a winner and he is, for the very reasons he listed. He has lasted nearly 10 years in a league where the average career in 3 years, he has a gold medal and he's been to the finals!! So yes, Dwight is a winner!!

What Dwight is NOT, is a champion!! You can be a winner and not be a champion, but you can't be a champion and not be a winner!!

Ultimately, whether anyone likes it or not, Dwight will be defined by whether or not he is a champion!!

this is really what it'll come down to. his career will be judged in the end by how many rings he has. whether that's fair or not...

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from all indications it'd seem you were right on the button. guess it isn't for every player...

what a joke. hammerdown is wrong and so are you. Howard wants a title. he wants to win the title as the man. if he was just about the money he wouldnt have left 30 million on the table in socal. i believe Howard's best shot at winning a title was in houston, so did he.. that's why he went there.

does he have the maturity and work ethic to win a title? time will tell. but this idea that he doesnt want titles is some butt hurt scorned fan fantasy. he wants titles.. titles can be won in other places than socal and boston.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also i love dan marino. dan marino was one of the greatest QBs ever. I dont believe you need title in football to define your greatness even at QB. In football.. you are one of 22 guys on the field. As a qb.. once you take into effect special teams and defense, youre on the field less than half the plays. take out runs by the running back.. and any QB has control on maybe 30% of the plays in game. Marino never played D.

But basketball is different. you are one of 10. you are on the court 40 of 48 minutes. you play both ways. im not saying barkley/malone werent great. they played in jordan's prime. But that's why Jordan is the goat and malone and barkley are just very good players. in basketball, moreso than any other team sport, to be considered that elite level guy.. you have to come back with some hardware.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a joke. hammerdown is wrong and so are you. Howard wants a title. he wants to win the title as the man. if he was just about the money he wouldnt have left 30 million on the table in socal. i believe Howard's best shot at winning a title was in houston, so did he.. that's why he went there.

does he have the maturity and work ethic to win a title? time will tell. but this idea that he doesnt want titles is some butt hurt scorned fan fantasy. he wants titles.. titles can be won in other places than socal and boston.

I agree that Howard WANTS a title!! All players WANT a title!! However, Howard has shown nothing that would indicate that he actually has what it takes to win a title as "the man"!!

Howard may win a title, but if he does it will be in a Bosh role, not a Lebron, Kobe or even D-Wade role!! The difference between a player like Howard and players like Lebron, Kobe and D-Wade is that those guys will WHATEVER they have to do to win it!! Howard has been in the league nearly 10 years and has yet to show that drive. Maybe McHale can get it out of him, but I doubt it!!

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Howard WANTS a title!! All players WANT a title!! However, Howard has shown nothing that would indicate that he actually has what it takes to win a title as "the man"!!

Howard may win a title, but if he does it will be in a Bosh role, not a Lebron, Kobe or even D-Wade role!! The difference between a player like Howard and players like Lebron, Kobe and D-Wade is that those guys will WHATEVER they have to do to win it!! Howard has been in the league nearly 10 years and has yet to show that drive. Maybe McHale can get it out of him, but I doubt it!!

come on now. youre being a little hard on the guy. he did lead Orlando to the finals. yes the lakers beat them down, but the lakers were the much better team. howard, when healthy and not in D'Antoni system, is the most dominant big man in the game. having the best big man in the game is a blueprint to the title. will he ever win it? Shit, i dont know. the west is so stacked at the top end right now.. I am just happy miami is in the East.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also i love dan marino. dan marino was one of the greatest QBs ever. I dont believe you need title in football to define your greatness even at QB. In football.. you are one of 22 guys on the field. As a qb.. once you take into effect special teams and defense, youre on the field less than half the plays. take out runs by the running back.. and any QB has control on maybe 30% of the plays in game. Marino never played D.

But basketball is different. you are one of 10. you are on the court 40 of 48 minutes. you play both ways. im not saying barkley/malone werent great. they played in jordan's prime. But that's why Jordan is the goat and malone and barkley are just very good players. in basketball, moreso than any other team sport, to be considered that elite level guy.. you have to come back with some hardware.

:agree: That's the thing about basketball that makes it rather unique!! One player can make all of the difference!!

Example: Lebron will be a free agent next year!! Any team that he goes to, no matter how bad they suck, instantly become a threat to at least get to the playoffs and make noise and if they have at least a couple of good players, they are contenders.

In football, you can take the best qb in the league and put him on the worst team in the league and it might get them 1 or 2 more wins!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on now. youre being a little hard on the guy. he did lead Orlando to the finals. yes the lakers beat them down, but the lakers were the much better team. howard, when healthy and not in D'Antoni system, is the most dominant big man in the game. having the best big man in the game is a blueprint to the title. will he ever win it? Shit, i dont know. the west is so stacked at the top end right now.. I am just happy miami is in the East.

I don't think I am being too hard on him. Think about it. Once Lebron figured out that talent alone wasn't going to win him any rings, we started seeing improvement in his game!! He started working on low post moves, his jump shot has gotten better (still not where it needs to be, but improved) and he's more willing to take over a game!!

Kobe is known for spendin his entire off-season working out and improving some aspect of his game. D-Wade is the same!!

It's like Kareem said, he saw Dwight when the Lakers played Orlando in the finals and then when he came to the Lakers and his skillset is exactly the same. He hasn't improved in any area. When Steve Nash, a career 90%+ free throw shooter offered to help him with his free throw shooting, Dwight declined his help!! Does that sound like a guy who is willing to do whatever it takes?

It's like I tell my son, we know how badly we WANT something, by how hard we are willing to work to get it!! Dwight hasn't shown that he's willing to work very hard to get what he says he wants.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't give a damn who or what you are - if you compete in any game, sport or competition, the ultimate title defines who you are and what you are. You are then a champion. That's the reason your precious Lebron changed venues when he became a free agent and that's the reason the Miami Cheats went to such lengths to get him and Bosh. That the reason the Lakers and every team in every major sports spends millions of dollars on the best players - It's to get that championship title.

I have no doubt that Howard doesn't care about getting a ring, Hammer is absolutely correct on that matter. Yes Howard wants a ring, but not enough to do what it takes. It's not not in his dna

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cop-out. Sure he's a winner in life and being able to have a great career......but winners are judged on titles. I'm 100% sure he wants to win, but this comes off as "well if we don't get it done, I'm still a winner". Can you imagine if Kobe or Lebron said this?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cop-out. Sure he's a winner in life and being able to have a great career......but winners are judged on titles. I'm 100% sure he wants to win, but this comes off as "well if we don't get it done, I'm still a winner". Can you imagine if Kobe or Lebron said this?

sorry, Flauge. but this about wraps it up. not about us being "butt-hurt", it's about him lining up excuses in case he falls short of getting rings. BIG difference between the 2...

Status
Not open for further replies.