• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Anyone Believe Howard's Crap - lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilovemesomeme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they are so much "throwing away the season" as they are "holding auditions" for 2014!! For the most part, they are signing young players with some upside (Young, Johnson, Farmar) to 1 year deals!! If they play well, then they can be re-signed as part of the re-load next summer. If not, then they really haven't cost the Lakers anything!!

Same thing with the vets that they have signed or are rumored to be interested in (Lamar, Kaman). These are guys that still could play for 3-5 or so more years and will have a chance to show it!!

Basically, virtually every member of the team, from Kobe to the last bench player will be playing for a contract next summer and how they perform this coming season will determine what, if anything, they get paid!!

I somewhat agree, but I still think the key is the one year deal. They're not signing one of those guys to a two - three year deal. They want to be able to sign two max guys.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This upcoming class is supposed to be the best in a LONG time, since 03 anyways. That being said, I don't know that the Lakers could get the Bobcats pick or anything.......BUT I think they have their own first rounder next year, and Pau's expiring contract is somewhat enticing I'm sure to a lot of middling teams. The only rub is that if you trade Pau for picks, what contracts are you taking back? The Lakers should have no interest in a Pau trade that brings back burdensome contracts in return..........even if it nets a nice pick or two. As the Lakers they're in the driver seat next offseason and should have their pick (aside from Lebron) of pretty much any two max guys they want to sign.

real talk. nicely done...:suds:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a damn who or what you are - if you compete in any game, sport or competition, the ultimate title defines who you are and what you are. You are then a champion. That's the reason your precious Lebron changed venues when he became a free agent and that's the reason the Miami Cheats went to such lengths to get him and Bosh. That the reason the Lakers and every team in every major sports spends millions of dollars on the best players - It's to get that championship title.

I have no doubt that Howard doesn't care about getting a ring, Hammer is absolutely correct on that matter. Yes Howard wants a ring, but not enough to do what it takes. It's not not in his dna
i dont see where you addressed what I said. You sure made a lot of noise in your post but the fact is nothing defines someone unless they allow it too. Only you define you. Someone can think the worst of him and if he achieves his goals or leaves it all on the floor attempting to do it then he is a winner and a champion. Haters cant change that. Thats why we call them haters.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kobe just cared about championships, he wouldnt take his 30 MILLION DOLLAR SALARY which would allow the Lakers to pay for a team to be around him.

The disease is Kobe, when they pick that scab the team will heal.

Nothing wrong with Howards comments. He will be underpaid only making 22 million a year for two years, then renegotiate to get 25-30 per and not have a team around him either.

Kobe has no choice. He can't even re-negotiate his contract to a lower rate. It's part of the CBA. The only thing that can be done is have Kobe play out his current deal and then re-sign him for a lower amount.

I'm not even sure that the Lakers would be off the hook for that money if he retired because it's all guaranteed!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I somewhat agree, but I still think the key is the one year deal. They're not signing one of those guys to a two - three year deal. They want to be able to sign two max guys.

Yeah, that's what I mean by "holding auditions"!! These are guys who could be brought back to fill the roster with role players around a max contract player or 2 that they will be looking to sign from the next free agent group or 2!! The Lakers will have a virtually empty roster next summer, so some of these guys could be brought back if they earn a spot through their play this coming season!!

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's what I mean by "holding auditions"!! These are guys who could be brought back to fill the roster with role players around a max contract player or 2 that they will be looking to sign from the next free agent group or 2!! The Lakers will have a virtually empty roster next summer, so some of these guys could be brought back if they earn a spot through their play this coming season!!

yeah, it's kind of what Earl Clark did. too bad we couldn't keep that guy...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, it's kind of what Earl Clark did. too bad we couldn't keep that guy...

Yeah, I would have liked to see him agree to a 1 year deal and then get a bigger deal next summer when the Lakers would have more to offer him.

But I can't blame him for taking the money now, after all, one injury could prevent him from ever seeing that bigger payday!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is unreal. He just can't shut up and play. He needs to take some notes from Tim Duncan.

There are LOTS of guys in the NBA that need to take some notes from Tim Duncan!!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best situation for him was Houston. And he took it. It's the obvious best fit for him.

I know there are a lot of butt hurt Lakers fans over this, but they need to get over it and move on.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best situation for him was Houston. And he took it. It's the obvious best fit for him.

I know there are a lot of butt hurt Lakers fans over this, but they need to get over it and move on.

Translation: I didn't bother to actually read the thread but I wanted to use the word "butthurt" in a post!!

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they are so much "throwing away the season" as they are "holding auditions" for 2014!! For the most part, they are signing young players with some upside (Young, Johnson, Farmar) to 1 year deals!! If they play well, then they can be re-signed as part of the re-load next summer. If not, then they really haven't cost the Lakers anything!!
Young got a player option for a 2nd year. He'll earn $1,106,942 for the 2013/14 season and $1,227,985 if he decides to stay a second.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young got a player option for a 2nd year. He'll earn $1,106,942 for the 2013/14 season and $1,227,985 if he decides to stay a second.

Didn't catch that. Thought it was a 1 year!! Thanks for pointing that out!! Still a good price, imo and even if he picks up the 2nd year, it doesn't hurt the cap space!!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't catch that. Thought it was a 1 year!! Thanks for pointing that out!! Still a good price, imo and even if he picks up the 2nd year, it doesn't hurt the cap space!!

That just came out recently. Still a cheap contract that doesn't significantly impact their cap space for the summer of 2014.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We shall see if that's the best fit. He basically refused to run PnRs with Nash. We'll see how willing he is to run it with Harden, a 2-guard who loves having the ball in his hands a lot.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by your stupid ass logic, Karl Malone wasn't one of the greatest scoring forwards EVER because he didn't win a ring? I guess Dan Marino wasn't a good QB either?

What a moron. Howard didn't want to stay on a team with no coach that's worth a crap.

Your brain is submerged in water. Howard is an abject failure as a human being and an overrated basketball player. He has no offensive game whatsoever. He is athletic and a good defender and nothing more. I'm glad that pos is gone and I hope he fails. Mark my words, he will have another one of these episodes, where he pouts, tries to get the HC fired, tries to get the GM fired, etc...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your brain is submerged in water. Howard is an abject failure as a human being and an overrated basketball player. He has no offensive game whatsoever. He is athletic and a good defender and nothing more. I'm glad that pos is gone and I hope he fails. Mark my words, he will have another one of these episodes, where he pouts, tries to get the HC fired, tries to get the GM fired, etc...

but he won't be wearing Lakers colors the next bout that he has, so the haters won't give him any crap about it...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dwight didn't want a title he would've never left Orlando

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is the case, why were Laker fans so excited about getting him in the first place? Why did Peace talk about going 73-9 last season?

LA fans were happy when Nash signed and then overjoyed when Dwight signed shortly after. Then talked about possible Finals appearance.

Now he's an overrated piece of shit who only plays good defense?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard also stated in the interview that he wants to be a part of a dynasty in that same interview....But yeah this man doesn't want to win titles lol

Status
Not open for further replies.