• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Anyone Believe Howard's Crap - lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard also stated in the interview that he wants to be a part of a dynasty in that same interview....But yeah this man doesn't want to win titles lol

He wants to win a title but doesn't want to work for it. He has NO offensive game. Barkley said it best, he doesn't even know the basics on how to post up. He said he was a winner because he played in the NBA for 10 years and the average is 3 years. That tells you all you need to know to Dwight. He compares himself to the average player. Great players don't do that.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard also stated in the interview that he wants to be a part of a dynasty in that same interview....But yeah this man doesn't want to win titles lol

It's not about wanting to win titles, it's about the level of want/motivation to get those titles. He claims he's already a winner regardless of whether he wins a title. I think it is fair to question his competitive mindset given what he stated.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wants to win a title but doesn't want to work for it. He has NO offensive game. Barkley said it best, he doesn't even know the basics on how to post up. He said he was a winner because he played in the NBA for 10 years and the average is 3 years. That tells you all you need to know to Dwight. He compares himself to the average player. Great players don't do that.

:agree:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He can WANT to be a part of a dynasty all he wants!! Name one thing that he has done to improve his game so that he can actually make any of it happen!!

Lebron figured out that talent alone wasn't going to win him any rings, so he actually worked to improve his game!! Kobe works to improve his game every single off-season since he came in to the league!! Dwight is the same player today that he was in 2009 (although he may actually be a worse free throw shooter)!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is the case, why were Laker fans so excited about getting him in the first place? Why did Peace talk about going 73-9 last season?

LA fans were happy when Nash signed and then overjoyed when Dwight signed shortly after. Then talked about possible Finals appearance.

Now he's an overrated piece of shit who only plays good defense?

This is some of the most idiotic nonsense ever!! Of course Laker fans were excited that the Lakers were getting him. When healthy, he is the best center in the league and a top 10 and possibly top 5 player!! Any fanbase would have been excited to get him.

Laker fans hoped (just as Laker management did) that he would get here, buy in to the Lakers championship pedigree, contend for a title this season and want to be a part of the organization long term.

Instead, when he had the opportunity to step up and show himself to be a leader, he quit on his teammates!! He made no effort to improve his game and turned it down when it was offered!! Since this is what he showed, the criticism that he receives is well earned!!

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laker posters creating threads now hating on Dwight because he is not enamored with their star player and the lack of coordination between ownership, gm and coaches.

News Flash: He thinks Lakers have issues, and is willing to leave money on the table.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laker posters creating threads now hating on Dwight because he is not enamored with their star player and the lack of coordination between ownership, gm and coaches.

News Flash: He thinks Lakers have issues, and is willing to leave money on the table.

Considering the taxes difference between Texas vs. California, Howard might not be leaving anything on the table by going there. Factor in cost of living and he'll probably save millions over the length of his time in Houston.

celticsintheoc

bleed green
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're all acting like a bunch of jilted girlfriends come on ladies D12 didnt want to play with kobe or for mike d'antoni bottom line so get over it.

Black Belt Disciple

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, Dwight realizes that the Lakers are poorly run. He won't be leaving any money on the table. He will make more and get better endorsements in Houston.

And he won't have to share a locker room with a adultering rapist.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the taxes difference between Texas vs. California, Howard might not be leaving anything on the table by going there. Factor in cost of living and he'll probably save millions over the length of his time in Houston.

It will cost less, in some areas, but California is a better place to live with more to do, and no tornados, hurricanes and flooding to worry about. The flooding and storms does happen along the coast lines where morons insist on buying and rebuilding every year.

I think DH will be good and the Rockets will be a good team, but I don't think they are good enough to win a championship and they definitely are not going to be a dynasty. Possible for them to sneak a trip to the finals though

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is some of the most idiotic nonsense ever!! Of course Laker fans were excited that the Lakers were getting him. When healthy, he is the best center in the league and a top 10 and possibly top 5 player!! Any fanbase would have been excited to get him.

Laker fans hoped (just as Laker management did) that he would get here, buy in to the Lakers championship pedigree, contend for a title this season and want to be a part of the organization long term.

Instead, when he had the opportunity to step up and show himself to be a leader, he quit on his teammates!! He made no effort to improve his game and turned it down when it was offered!! Since this is what he showed, the criticism that he receives is well earned!!

1. But he wasn't healthy most of the season. Why can you not comprehend this??? After all we were reminded often by LA fans that he was not 100%. You guys knew this coming in yet expectations were as if he were 100%. He came back sooner than he was supposed to.

2. The entire year, the offense was run around Kobe. Kobe goes down in game 78 and Dwight is suppose to become Shaq overnight and give the number 2 seed a run for their money?? If Dwight did not show the championship pedigree, then why was management going completely out of their way to try to re-sign him?? Why the banners and billboards for a guy who you say showed he did not want to be there?? If management thought he quit, why practically beg him to stay?? Why have Nicholson call him?? As robotic dreams why would LA beg an overrated piece of shit who only plays good defense to stay?? Because we all know that by playing just good defense gets you the DPOY for 3 straight years.

3. He's been in the league for almost 10yrs and made no effort before to improve. Fans were still excited while knowing this when he signed. You think he's going to all of a sudden now, just because he has a Laker uniform on? Criticize him all you want, but most of it is after the fact as it's just sour grapes.

btw....If you want to read idiotic nonsense, read what robotic dreams posted considering that's who I was referring to in the first place.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. But he wasn't healthy most of the season. Why can you not comprehend this??? After all we were reminded often by LA fans that he was not 100%. You guys knew this coming in yet expectations were as if he were 100%. He came back sooner than he was supposed to.

2. The entire year, the offense was run around Kobe. Kobe goes down in game 78 and Dwight is suppose to become Shaq overnight and give the number 2 seed a run for their money?? If Dwight did not show the championship pedigree, then why was management going completely out of their way to try to re-sign him?? Why the banners and billboards for a guy who you say showed he did not want to be there?? If management thought he quit, why practically beg him to stay?? Why have Nicholson call him?? As robotic dreams why would LA beg an overrated piece of shit who only plays good defense to stay?? Because we all know that by playing just good defense gets you the DPOY for 3 straight years.

3. He's been in the league for almost 10yrs and made no effort before to improve. Fans were still excited while knowing this when he signed. You think he's going to all of a sudden now, just because he has a Laker uniform on? Criticize him all you want, but most of it is after the fact as it's just sour grapes.

btw....If you want to read idiotic nonsense, read what robotic dreams posted considering that's who I was referring to in the first place.

1. Once again, wrong (you're really good at being wrong)!! His health is NOT why Laker fans are upset with him. His behavior and the fact that he never stepped up when he had the opportunity and quit on his team is why Laker fans are upset with him. How can you not comprehend THAT?

2. Once again, you lack comprehension and understanding!! No one expected a Kobe-less Lakers to be able to even win so much as a 1 game vs. the Spurs!! What Lakers fans DID expect was for Dwight to show up, play hard and be the leader that he claims to be. He didn't do that.

3. Yes, we hoped that he was soured on Orlando for not putting pieces around him and that he might actually respond to some coaching. We hoped that he would be open to possibly working with Kareem on his game. Instead, he even went as far as to decline free throw help from Steve Nash and had the audacity to complain when D'Antoni didn't want him on the floor late in close games.

You can keep trying to put YOUR spin on why Lakers fans are glad that he's gone, but you will continue to fail in you attempt!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your brain is submerged in water. Howard is an abject failure as a human being and an overrated basketball player. He has no offensive game whatsoever. He is athletic and a good defender and nothing more. I'm glad that pos is gone and I hope he fails. Mark my words, he will have another one of these episodes, where he pouts, tries to get the HC fired, tries to get the GM fired, etc...

While I think that RoboticDreams went over the top in calling Dwight "an abject failure as a human being" I don't see much else wrong with what he said.

Thew fact is that, outside of dunks, Dwight has no offensive game. Dwight is also a horrible free throw shooter and has shown no interest in improving on that. RoboticDreams is also correct when he says that Dwight is athletic and good defender. While I won't say "nothing more" like RD, I will say that he isn't much more.

Given his history with Orlando and his one season with the Lakers, what has Dwight done to show that RD is incorrect when he says that Dwight "will have another one of theses episodes, where he pouts, tries to get the HC fired and tries to get the GM fired, etc.?

As you said to me re: expecting Dwight to come to the Lakers and suddenly want to improve his game after 10 years of not doing so just because he put on a Lakers uniform: Do you suddenly expect that the stuff he pulled in Orlando and L.A. is suddenly going to stop because he put on a Rockest uniform!!

Hell, he's already laying the groundwork for when the Rockets don't win the title by claiming he's still a "winner" whether they get a title or not!!

For Rocket fans, which I find to be a great fanbase, I hope Dwight is finally happy and makes the improvements that he needs to for them to be contenders. I also hope they don't hold their breath waiting!!

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Once again, wrong (you're really good at being wrong)!! His health is NOT why Laker fans are upset with him. His behavior and the fact that he never stepped up when he had the opportunity and quit on his team is why Laker fans are upset with him. How can you not comprehend THAT?

2. Once again, you lack comprehension and understanding!! No one expected a Kobe-less Lakers to be able to even win so much as a 1 game vs. the Spurs!! What Lakers fans DID expect was for Dwight to show up, play hard and be the leader that he claims to be. He didn't do that.

3. Yes, we hoped that he was soured on Orlando for not putting pieces around him and that he might actually respond to some coaching. We hoped that he would be open to possibly working with Kareem on his game. Instead, he even went as far as to decline free throw help from Steve Nash and had the audacity to complain when D'Antoni didn't want him on the floor late in close games.

You can keep trying to put YOUR spin on why Lakers fans are glad that he's gone, but you will continue to fail in you attempt!!

You might want to read your posts from this thread. Dij did this a day before game 4 of LA vs. Spurs. Doesn't sound like you were as adamant (before game 4) as you are now about saying you're glad he's gone. You never mentioned that he didn't show up after game 4 or mentioned nothing about Howard quitting. In fact you hoped that if he stayed he could work on becoming a better leader and his free throws. Plus throughout the thread you laughed at the notion he would walk and called BK jealous because LA will have the best center in the league.

Hmmmmmmm...... according to you Dwight was still the best center in the league after game 3 (while having the mindset he would stay) yet now you're agreeing with others who says saying he's overrated and is just a good defender.

Like I said, sour grapes.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...98076-do-right-thing-dwight-sign-houston.html

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to read your posts from this thread. Dij did this a day before game 4 of LA vs. Spurs. Doesn't sound like you were as adamant (before game 4) as you are now about saying you're glad he's gone. You never mentioned that he didn't show up after game 4 or mentioned nothing about Howard quitting. In fact you hoped that if he stayed he could work on becoming a better leader and his free throws. Plus throughout the thread you laughed at the notion he would walk and called BK jealous because LA will have the best center in the league.

Hmmmmmmm...... according to you Dwight was still the best center in the league after game 3 (while having the mindset he would stay) yet now you're agreeing with others who says saying he's overrated and is just a good defender.

Like I said, sour grapes.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...98076-do-right-thing-dwight-sign-houston.html

I was never 100% adamant about Dwight leaving. As I have told you before. I went from being happy that the Lakers got him and wanting him to re-sign, to not caring whether or not he re-signed. His playoff performance, particularly game 4, is much of the reason why.

I'm still not adamant that him leaving was a great thing. What I am adamant about is that he will not LEAD any team to a title. Therefore, had Dwight chosen to stay, the Lakers were still going to have to sign someone who can actually lead a team.

If Dwight gets a title, he will be playing a Chris Bosh role and not a Lebron, Kobe or D-Wade role.

So again, tyou can keep repeating your tired "sour grapes" mantra all that you want and you are still going to be wrong!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never 100% adamant about Dwight leaving. As I have told you before. I went from being happy that the Lakers got him and wanting him to re-sign, to not caring whether or not he re-signed. His playoff performance, particularly game 4, is much of the reason why.

I'm still not adamant that him leaving was a great thing. What I am adamant about is that he will not LEAD any team to a title. Therefore, had Dwight chosen to stay, the Lakers were still going to have to sign someone who can actually lead a team.

If Dwight gets a title, he will be playing a Chris Bosh role and not a Lebron, Kobe or D-Wade role.

So again, tyou can keep repeating your tired "sour grapes" mantra all that you want and you are still going to be wrong!!
You're flip-flopping is hilarious. Just admit you never once said he was overrated, didn't show up in the Finals, and wouldn't want him back before game 3. AFTER THE FACT he was stalling on who to sign with and finally choosing Houston.

It went from:

"He's the best Center in the league. The Lakers will build around Dwight in 2015."

less than 3mos later after he signs with Houston:

"He's overrated, he never showed up in the Finals, he quit on the Lakers".....etc...etc...etc...etc...etc...etc...etc..

Definition of Sour Grapes:

The phrase sour grapes is an expression originating from "The Fox and the Grapes," one of Aesop's Fables. It refers to pretending not to care for something one wants, but does not or cannot have.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're flip-flopping is hilarious. Just admit you never once said he was overrated, didn't show up in the Finals, and wouldn't want him back before game 3. AFTER THE FACT he was stalling on who to sign with and finally choosing Houston.

It went from:

"He's the best Center in the league. The Lakers will build around Dwight in 2015."

less than 3mos later after he signs with Houston:

"He's overrated, he never showed up in the Finals, he quit on the Lakers".....etc...etc...etc...etc...etc...etc...etc..

Definition of Sour Grapes:

The phrase sour grapes is an expression originating from "The Fox and the Grapes," one of Aesop's Fables. It refers to pretending not to care for something one wants, but does not or cannot have.

Uh, I never said anything about the finals. And as I have said all along, I went from being happy that the Lakers got him wanting him to re-sign to no longer caring if he did or not. What I saw from him throughout the season and how he quit on his team in game 4 is why!!

You can try to call it sour grapes all that you want, but as usual, you're wrong!! I have never "pretended" to not care. When I say that I no longer cared, it was because I didn't and I stated why. I also started saying that I didn't care, well before Dwight announced his decision and well before he was even offered anything!!

So run along now and waste someone else's time because I'm done with you trying to tell ME how I feel about something!!

Truth to tell, I was actually just as, if not more excited that the Lakers got Steve Nash than Howard because Nash has long been one of my favorite players!!

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
797979.jpg

Steve Nash on Dwight Howard: He didn't want to be a Laker
FOX SPORTS WEST STAFF Published: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 8:01am

The LA Lakers season was a 'disaster', according to point guard Steve Nash, and that was before the latest Dwight Howard free-agency saga.

Nash, speaking on the radio on Tuesday, said he felt Howard never wanted to be a Laker.

"Ultimately, I think Dwight wasn't comfortable here and didn't want to be here and I think if he didn't want to be here, there's no point for anyone in him being here," Nash said on ESPN Radio on Tuesday. "So, we wish him the best and move on."

Nash and Kobe Bryant were part of the Lakers' pitch meeting to persuade Howard to stay in Los Angeles.

"Frankly, I thought before the meeting, we didn't really have a chance and I'd like to think that after the meeting we had a chance," Nash said.

"Dwight had some issues with the season. I think it kind of basically goes with what he said to the media that he never quite felt embraced in LA. He never quite felt supported. That's basically it. I think in some ways you can read into that what you will, but I think he never quite felt comfortable at home and I don't know if that's anybody's fault."

Nash went on to say that Howard never fit in with the team, mostly because of his health (back and shoulder) issues.

And, that Howard never wanted a part of the pick-and-roll offense, one that Nash flourished in with Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni when they were members of the Phoenix Suns.

"We (the Lakers) got a lot to play for, to try to make our team into something — championship or not — that our fans are proud of and feel good about and can't wait to go see out there on the floor every night and try to beat people," Nash added.

Status
Not open for further replies.