• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Disturbance in the Force

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright then, TKO has been moved to 2012. So here is an updated list. Foot has been in the B league every year we've been on ESPN 2013-2016, so if he was there in the original league in 2011, the only season he could have missed was 2012, but I wasn't around then so maybe one of the other guys could verify that.

2011 (original league on CBS) (6 years)

@leftypower
@TREFF
@The Foot
@averagejoe
@Sam Sportboy
@Yellow Fuzzies

2012 (A and B leagues on CBS) (5 years)

@SmokingMonkey
@Ram Tough
@tlance
@Barilko
@TKOSpikes

2013 (B league) (4 years)

@canesandfinsfanatic
@MilkSpiller22
@Chef99
@HaroldSeattle

2014 (B league) (3 years)

@SteelersPride
@broncosmitty
@SoShady
@bksballer89
@obxyankeefan
@Trudem

2015 (B league) (2 years)

@FaCe-LeE-uS

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Foot hasn't missed since 2013, than he hasn't missed one. Back in years one and two, had he left, we wouldn't have let back in ;)

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright then, TKO has been moved to 2012. So here is an updated list. Foot has been in the B league every year we've been on ESPN 2013-2016, so if he was there in the original league in 2011, the only season he could have missed was 2012, but I wasn't around then so maybe one of the other guys could verify that.

2011 (original league on CBS) (6 years)

@leftypower
@TREFF
@The Foot
@averagejoe
@Sam Sportboy
@Yellow Fuzzies

2012 (A and B leagues on CBS) (5 years)

@SmokingMonkey
@Ram Tough
@tlance
@Barilko
@TKOSpikes

2013 (B league) (4 years)

@canesandfinsfanatic
@MilkSpiller22
@Chef99
@HaroldSeattle

2014 (B league) (3 years)

@SteelersPride
@broncosmitty
@SoShady
@bksballer89
@obxyankeefan
@Trudem

2015 (B league) (2 years)

@FaCe-LeE-uS

So 97 total votes.

To what you said against the weighted vote @MilkSpiller22, you with 4 votes means you would go from having 1/22 or 4.55% of the vote to 4/97 or 4.12% of the vote. Yes there is a difference, but not a huge one.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 97 total votes.

To what you said against the weighted vote @MilkSpiller22, you with 4 votes means you would go from having 1/22 or 4.55% of the vote to 4/97 or 4.12% of the vote. Yes there is a difference, but not a huge one.

I don't care about me, in no way should an original count as 3 face-lee-us. We are pretty much saying his vote doesn't matter. And don't forget we will get new owners constantly. To say that their votes don't matter is not fair.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that 2014 B league was the Bomb!

0044.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about me, in no way should an original count as 3 face-lee-us. We are pretty much saying his vote doesn't matter. And don't forget we will get new owners constantly. To say that their votes don't matter is not fair.

Well, the flip side would be to say a new owner's vote counts the same as someone who has been in from the beginning. I don't really think that is fair either.

The longer you stick around, the more weight your vote carries. I think it is a pretty awesome concept.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm still the newbie of this league and I still have a ways to go to establish myself within the group, but I cannot express this enough that this is the best forums FF league that I have ever been a part of. I have been through multiple forums leagues via ESPN & SBnation but could never find anything like what you guys have here. You guys talk a lot about the strong background & foundations that were built by the originals and I couldn't agree more with those sentiments. What makes this league so special is the passion & bonds between the members within the league. It's a close-knit group with great history. You won't find it anywhere else. So for what its worth from the newbie, thank you everyone for everything you do. You guys make FF a much more exciting experience for me, and something I will always look forward to every season.

I'll admit 2016 wasn't my most successful FF year both in terms of W/L success & contributions to discussions, but it was a helluva year for me with the birth of my first child in August. Timing was rough for a FF season with a newborn baby. Aside from a 1 week mishap with leaving an "out" designated player in my lineup I feel like I adhered to the league's principals, albeit not nearly as much as I did in '15. Still was able to scrape together some pretty rag-tag lineups during my injury plagued season enough to almost stay in the A-league. Really bummed me out that my 1 mishap had monumental implications to the A-league's seeding though (SP's vault to #1, and my own deserved demotion lol). Definitely would like to extend my apologies to anyone that I may have upset with that debacle. I know I can do better, and I will.

And FWIW, Treff you did a great job with running the league and I want you to stay.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I think its fair. The members that built this league should have more of a say than I should. I understand the need for equality within the group, but I already feel like we get plenty of that.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I think its fair. The members that built this league should have more of a say than I should. I understand the need for equality within the group, but I already feel like we get plenty of that.

I just used you as an example. But it will continuously get worse. We are definitely going to gain a newbie next season. He would have to play 3 seasons just to be a third of the originals. That is crazy IMO.

I am not saying they don't deserve more of a vote, but maybe we should talk about the distribution?? Maybe maximize the number at some number.

Don't forget next season will not be the only season for a new owner to enter!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't really weighed in on the C-league discussion much... And I'm probably just beating a dead horse... But here's my 2cents

I personally am not really in favor of the C-league. While I do love the tradition of injecting new blood into the league, I still think its a great privilege to be a part of it and should not be handed out like candy (or in this case another 10-12-team league). It's nothing against all the nominees, because I have talked shop with many of them and would love to play against them. But isn't that what the Oblivion Rule is for? One of the things that I love the most about this league is the competitive nature of it. The oblivion rule is awesome and it gives us that extra 'edge' to competing, as well as providing that new blood that we all think is good for the league.

It would be cool to see the C league happen, but I don't like the idea of it happening over the course of a single voting thread. Feels like it would result in failure happening that fast. But that has a lot to do with my unfamiliarity with the nominees. I like the idea of vetting these nominees over the next few months and revisiting it at that point. If these nominees are as interested in the C-league as they are leading on to be, then they should have no problem staying involved all offseason. If the interest dissolves like many of us think it will then we will find that out pretty quickly. Once I was nominated a couple years ago I had no problems parading around the MBBRL threads like a fat kid at a buffet line just to prove my interest.

Basically I am reiterating what Tlance, Treff, Joe, et al have already stated.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Will intended for a weighted voted system, I'm in favor of a weighted voting system.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just used you as an example. But it will continuously get worse. We are definitely going to gain a newbie next season. He would have to play 3 seasons just to be a third of the originals. That is crazy IMO.

I am not saying they don't deserve more of a vote, but maybe we should talk about the distribution?? Maybe maximize the number at some number.

Don't forget next season will not be the only season for a new owner to enter!!
Not a bad idea... But how often do we really foresee votes for big changes like this happening? It will be rare.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I traded for Jimmy G and one the B that year

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man life has hit and i havent been as active and ive missed a ton, and dont have time to review it all

but @TREFF you did a great job, if you wanna step back, please do, you should have that right, but please stay and play as well