• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Disturbance in the Force

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a lot of tough decisions this season to field full lineups. Some people that I dropped went on to have huge seasons. But unlucky for me I was forced to drop said players because of injuries & bye-weeks and I needed starting bodies fast. You never saw me taking zero's just to hold onto players.

Play the game the way its supposed to be played.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five bench is there for that much more strategy/decision making, and we should cherish that, not look for loopholes.

This is such a bingo that I honestly never even considered an alternative. If you are considered, recruited and touted as the best, there's an unwritten but understood code involved.

This is why I am so honored to be in this league.

It's a privilege to be here. There are standards to be upheld. Wil created those standards and it's up to us to uphold them.

However it happened, we got away from what made this league great.

Lol, now I'm gettin' off the soapbox. ;)

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting back on track, I think we need to discuss what we are going to doin the future and stop attacking someone for something that is over and done with. Amongst all the MBBRL leagues we had two issues this year, and IMO the lesser of the two is getting by far the most attention.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting back on track, I think we need to discuss what we are going to doin the future and stop attacking someone for something that is over and done with. Amongst all the MBBRL leagues we had two issues this year, and IMO the lesser of the two is getting by far the most attention.

Well, the thing is, some think it is a mortal sin, some think no big deal. The discussion needs to be had so that we can move forward and all be on the same page. To me this isn't about the past because this rule was not clearly communicated. It is important to come to some understanding on this point though so that everybody knows what the rule is in the future.

One thing I know for sure. Shady is a good dude. If the rule had been established and clearly communicated, he would not have broken it. There was no rule in place so he made the decision that was best for his team. Again, no harm no foul.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the thing is, some think it is a mortal sin, some think no big deal. The discussion needs to be had so that we can move forward and all be on the same page. To me this isn't about the past because this rule was not clearly communicated. It is important to come to some understanding on this point though so that everybody knows what the rule is in the future.

One thing I know for sure. Shady is a good dude. If the rule had been established and clearly communicated, he would not have broken it. There was no rule in place so he made the decision that was best for his team. Again, no harm no foul.

Thanks @tlance. Its truly eye opening seeing the way some people are acting. Makes you look at them in a totally new light.

If they are interested in getting off the soapbox's and have an open mind. I posted the screenshot of my moves and attempted trade offers during the disputed game.

MBBRL Constitution (Message Board Bragging Rights League - Rules)

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said in another thread I am not a wordsmith and don't always get my point out there correctly. I do think we need to discuss having an empty/bye in your starting lineup, but shady did something that while I disagree with it was not a written rule. My point is Shady is a good player for this league and we need to stop calling him out, and figure out what we are going to do from now on. Also we have one owner taking a lot of heat, while another that did something much worse IMO is being ignored.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, I often will drop my kicker or defense to pick up a player I need when I don't want to drop any starters... always with the intention to fill that spot back out later that week when I decide what I can do... It has happened that even though I intended to fix it, that I forgot to... sometimes we are all scatterbrains... that is human IMO... I think the penalty of not getting the points is enough... But if this becomes a regular thing then that is a whole other story...

We don't want to take away strategy, nor punish for an accident... we want to prevent from bad owners who make it a regular thing to disadvantage themselves...

in the Dynasty leagues I think we all had a week or 2 where we started a BYE player or an injured player... this happens... the only thing we can ask for is to try as hard as you can to be a good owner...
Again 6 guys on a bye is no accident cmon

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said in another thread I am not a wordsmith and don't always get my point out there correctly. I do think we need to discuss having an empty/bye in your starting lineup, but shady did something that while I disagree with it was not a written rule. My point is Shady is a good player for this league and we need to stop calling him out, and figure out what we are going to do from now on. Also we have one owner taking a lot of heat, while another that did something much worse IMO is being ignored.

Let's discuss... like I said before, I'm ashamed of not being involved in the Barbarians thread as much as I should... or are we talking about D1? ...or is it "B" and the same owner and same issue?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaving a spot blank or not drafting a Kicker are strategies I disagree with, but unless stated that they are illegal they are strategies. Trying to lose for whatever reason is not a strategy IMO.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tanking in D1.

Well, that's an easy fix.

I.R. spots

...and since it was done by a member on the oblivian plank, a member who has already stated he doesn't care, and a member who doesn't see his actions as inappropriate and refuses to discuss it...

Well, I know where my vote is going... although it's nothing personal, as I consider him a valuable owner in Baseball... and would hope that can be what it is... a different sport.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I.R. spots

...and since it was done by a member on the oblivian plank, a member who has already stated he doesn't care, and a member who doesn't see his actions as inappropriate and refuses to discuss it...

Well, I know where my vote is going... although it's nothing personal, as I consider him a valuable owner in Baseball... and would hope that can be what it is... a different sport.

I know a vote you can make! It's over on another site! In another world...;)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaving a spot blank or not drafting a Kicker are strategies I disagree with, but unless stated that they are illegal they are strategies. Trying to lose for whatever reason is not a strategy IMO.

Yes, I think they should be written down. Not drafting a kicker isn't a strategy, it's a low ball. It's not like any of us disagree with the motive behind it, I mean who wouldn't do it if it was "allowed"? I think this is imperative to be a rule.

Leaving a spot blank is a grey area.

I've gotten a tick for purposely leaving in Ertz in his Week 4 bye, for a MNF game TE, in a week where my opponent was finished and I had won. I guess that could be seen as a low ball too... if it was, I apologize... and maybe we do need a rule.

I.R spots would eliminate that effect, IMO

Last edited:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I.R. spots

Barilko has already stated that that issue is all but over with the person in question all but done here. So I am going to shut up about it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I think they should be written down. Not drafting a kicker isn't a strategy, it's a low ball. It's not like any of us disagree with the motive behind it, I mean who wouldn't do it if it was "allowed"? I think this is imperative to be a rule.

Leaving a spot blank is a grey area.

I've gotten a tick for purposely leaving in Ertz in Week 4, for a MNF game in a week of which my opponent was done, and I had won... I guess that could be looked upon as a low ball too... if it was, I apologize... and maybe we do need a rule.

I.R spots would eliminate that effect, IMO
I drafted a kicker before I drafted a QB.

I'm either too stupid to realize no kicker could be a boon, or, well, shit...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a vote you can make! It's over on another site! In another world...;)

FtFwffE.jpg